Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Motivated to sell! 1986 944 turbo $5.5k!

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2014, 12:21 PM
951_RS
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FS: 1986 944 turbo - $5,250.00

SOLD

Mods can remove this listing if they need.

I've had this car for sell many times and never pulled the trigger.

Since last time it was for sell the long block has been swapped and it is on a stock turbo now with all of the same mods as before. It also now has a clear Texas title and registration (classic car plate)

I will take photos of the interior tonight when I get home because I recall someone asked last time.

1986 944 Turbo – Clear Texas title in hand.
Asking $5,250 obo
~92,000 miles on chassis / ~114,000 miles on engine***
5 speed manual
Champagne Silver / Black Leather interior
A/C blows cold
Interior 7/10
Exterior 6/10

***'87 Long block purchased from RL Member Red1 and installed a few months ago

Mods:
- LR MAF Conversion Kit with MAFterburner control device located inside cabin
- LR 3” exhaust, no cat (no emissions testing required in Texas for this year car – your state my vary)
- LR manual boost controller
- LR A-pillar dual gauge pod with AEM Uego wideband O2 sensor gauge and Autometer boost gauge (the boost gauge light it not connected to power so you can’t see boost at night)
- LR dual port wastegate
- Siemens flow matched 72# injectors
- upgraded Magnecor ignition wires
- Recently replaced cap and rotor within last 2,000 miles
- Recently replaced A/C compressor within last 2,000 miles
- Boxster S wheels with spacers – 80% tread left on Advan Neova AD07 tires all around (tires are about 2-3 years old though)
- Upgraded Koni adjustable shocks in rear from M030 package I believe? Got them from Lart so they may have come off a Miata, you never know (Joking.)
- Brand new battery will come with car
-Blaupunkt radio, not sure if aftermarket but the volume control may go up, it may go down when you turn it, so it's a roll of the dice if you want to adjust the volume...

Bad:
- Engine is leaking oil between the head and the block, I can videotape where it's coming from. I do not have the time to take off the head and fix this as I have a current project going full blast at work right now, hence the low price.
- Front bumper is slightly out of shape in front of driver side wheel
- Driver side foglight was removed after being shattered by a rock. I still have the foglight it just needs new lense and bulb.
- Front header panel has some dents
- Sunroof panel paint needs repair
- Clock inside has no power
- Cigarette lighter plug works but is loose?
- Rear interior header panel needs to be recovered as the leather began to peel off - I have this panel removed right now and it looks fine without it personally.
- Glove box does not shut securely and may open while driving and scare passengers. Amusing, but may be able to fix with proper adjustment.
- Hinges on center console armrest are broken. I went through about five of these from 944online.com so I just stopped replacing them….
- Power steering hose underneath reservoir used to leak Power Steering fluid but I fixed with Military Grade F4 tape (I do have a new hose/reservoir ready to go on as well)

Please feel free to ask any questions and thank you for looking.

These photos are not as current as I'd like them to be, so I will take more recent pictures, but the car has barely been driven and it stays garaged, so expect minor fading compared to the pictures (which were never great to begin with)

Last edited by 951_RS; 01-06-2015 at 04:31 AM. Reason: Sold car
Old 10-29-2014, 04:28 PM
951_RS
Rennlist Member

I am also willing to negotiate a fair price if it is deemed too expensive.

I've honestly not looked at prices in quite some time for these cars but I figured my price would be very reasonable.
Old 11-13-2014, 01:34 PM
951_RS
Rennlist Member

Bump for interest
Old 12-31-2014, 12:56 PM
951_RS
Rennlist Member

This car is still for sale, I've recently moved and during the transition period I haven't touched the car yet to fix the cam tower gasket, but it's still on my list to get done.

Quick Reply: Motivated to sell! 1986 944 turbo $5.5k!