Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

M tune or Vitesse ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2014, 09:48 PM
Black51
Three Wheelin'

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by 67King
Can't go wrong with either, but I wouldn't use any other options.
+1

I have an M-Tune. I have a Rogue DME, tuner and logger on the way, and would recommend the M-Tune, based on my experience with it. Having said that, if I had gotten a Vitesse, I'm sure I would have recommended the Vitesse instead.

I like the idea of having a 'complete package' that Rogue offers, and at great prices.
Old 10-22-2014, 11:18 PM
cruise98
Three Wheelin'

Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts

The Vitesse MAF works great. I have had it on my car for years. John's customer service has been excellent as well. If you cannot buy the Rogue setup right now, is there really a decision to make?
Old 10-23-2014, 12:02 AM
Crazy Eddie

Rennlist Member

Received 64 Likes on 47 Posts

For what's it worth
On a scale of 1 -10 on Vitesse set up
I would give John's system a 20!!
Yes, No **** a 20
I have never had M tune so it wouldn't be fair to say how it operates
Ask Eric who happens to have M tune what he thinks of my car and how it runs
Case closed ...
Just call'em like I see'em
Now I am not saying that other systems aren't good ...
Not sayin that there aren't cheaper systems out there, or that they run as well as Viteese ?
Not at all ....
I just couldn't be happier with mine.
Starts, idles and runs perfectly... And the Power is amazing ( but I have John's turbo as well ) not just the MAF and piggy back installed
I even passed smog with this set up !
Good luck whatever you decide
Best regards
Ed

Last edited by Crazy Eddie; 10-23-2014 at 04:28 PM.
Old 10-23-2014, 04:47 AM
Cyberpunky
Three Wheelin'

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Thanks everyone for the advice, as it really is appreciated. I have also got to say that several forum members have got in touch with me privately and offered a few different options to get me out of my predicament, so I really want to thank them(they know who they are) and the community here, as it really is overwhelming to have support from ppl I have never met, and from all over the world for coming to my aid. I'm sure it is probably the same for other types of Porsche's and even other marques, but I can't help thinking that the 944 community, really are an amazing bunch
cheers
Old 10-23-2014, 08:24 AM
blade7
Drifting

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Cyberpunky
My AFM is playing up, among some other issues, so I was forced to decide whether to go MAF or spend on a refurb AFM.
Same here, had problems that I traced to the AFM and now it's running fine but there's no adjustment left on the track in the AFM. I thought about standalone but I need some convincing it justifies the $4k on a weekend car. I'm waiting to see if Josh farms manufacture of his setup out, but if that's months away there only seems to be Vitesse if you wont/cant wait.
Old 10-23-2014, 05:42 PM
glen2002
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bruce, Sorry to read you are having problems, hopefully you can get that sorted and make the decision at your leisure which way to go. It is at times like this you realise Aus isn't next door to everywhere and there isn't a lot of 944/951 here.

I had to make a similar decision and from everything I read both are excellent suppliers with good back up, as said you wouldn't go wrong with either. I haven't dealt with Rogue , but from personal experience I can say John (Vitesse) backup is exceptional, important when you are in a different timezone and missing one email may mean 24hrs till the next response. John also backed up a 7 year old chip I bought from him when I realised my DME had been changed for another, I would say that is above and beyond!

The fantastic and rapid service from John is one of the reasons I am getting a Stage 3 from him installed next week by Buchanans. Good luck with your car and options.
Old 10-24-2014, 06:52 AM
lee101315
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't know man. I have Vitesses maf chip with a Lindsey maf, and the car runs excellent at idle and part load... Which my car never did previously with Lindsey chips.

Vitesse has impeccable customer service, and Rogue tuning is always busy.

Just inquiring about his product a few years ago took him 2 weeks to get back to me. I'd go with the guy who has a perfect record for the last 10+ years, for anything, just out respect for someone who has dedicated this much time to improving our cars.
Old 10-24-2014, 08:09 AM
Cyberpunky
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Crazy Eddie
For what's it worth
On a scale of 1 -10 on Vitesse set up
I would give John's system a 20!!
Yes, No **** a 20
I have never had M tune so it wouldn't be fair to say how it operates
Ask Eric who happens to have M tune what he thinks of my car and how it runs
Case closed ...
Just call'em like I see'em
Now I am not saying that other systems aren't good ...
Not sayin that there aren't cheaper systems out there, or that they run as well as Viteese ?
Not at all ....
I just couldn't be happier with mine.
Starts, idles and runs perfectly... And the Power is amazing ( but I have John's turbo as well ) not just the MAF and piggy back installed
I even passed smog with this set up !
Good luck whatever you decide
Best regards
Ed
Cheers Ed although I can't help but wonder if the lack of any dirt anywhere on your amazing car means it would perform better than a normal car with 25+years of added grime <<<jk appreciate the feedback Ed If Eric likes it as much as he does your spice rub, I would be very impressed lol

Originally Posted by glen2002
Bruce, Sorry to read you are having problems, hopefully you can get that sorted and make the decision at your leisure which way to go. It is at times like this you realise Aus isn't next door to everywhere and there isn't a lot of 944/951 here.

I had to make a similar decision and from everything I read both are excellent suppliers with good back up, as said you wouldn't go wrong with either. I haven't dealt with Rogue , but from personal experience I can say John (Vitesse) backup is exceptional, important when you are in a different timezone and missing one email may mean 24hrs till the next response. John also backed up a 7 year old chip I bought from him when I realised my DME had been changed for another, I would say that is above and beyond!

The fantastic and rapid service from John is one of the reasons I am getting a Stage 3 from him installed next week by Buchanans. Good luck with your car and options.
Cheers Glen. Being stuck on a little Island in the Pacific does have some drawbacks at times, but it has a big upside as well

Originally Posted by lee101315
I don't know man. I have Vitesses maf chip with a Lindsey maf, and the car runs excellent at idle and part load... Which my car never did previously with Lindsey chips.

Vitesse has impeccable customer service, and Rogue tuning is always busy.

Just inquiring about his product a few years ago took him 2 weeks to get back to me. I'd go with the guy who has a perfect record for the last 10+ years, for anything, just out respect for someone who has dedicated this much time to improving our cars.
I hear what your saying Lee and clearly John has earned the resect he gets for what sounds like amazing support to his clients and the community, as well as great products, but I also think what Joshua has done has also taken a lot of hard work too, to produce what he has. I never intended for this thread to become a battle between the 2 options. I was really after info on ease of set up, installation of vitesse etc and how happy users were.

Clearly ppl using both set ups, love the products they have, which means both vendors are doing a lot right.

Again thanks for all the feedback
Old 10-24-2014, 12:54 PM
Paulyy
Professional Hoon
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

IMO i would hold out for the M-Tune. Just because it will save you some $$$$ as you've got his products, they all work together.
Old 10-24-2014, 03:32 PM
Crazy Eddie

Rennlist Member

Received 64 Likes on 47 Posts

Cheers Ed although I can't help but wonder if the lack of any dirt anywhere on your amazing car means it would perform better than a normal car with 25+years of added grime <<<jk appreciate the feedback Ed
If Eric likes it as much as he does your spice rub, I would be very impressed lol
ROTFLMAO !!!!
Old 10-24-2014, 04:04 PM
jmj951
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Another huge vote for the Vitesse products. I have no experience with Rogue's products, only concerns about the level of support. From what everyone says, at times you can get great support, at other times your only support option will be the forums.

As John Vitesse said, you don't need to update your DME. I still have my original '86 DME and use the Vitesse MAF system (w/ stock turbo). In fact, even if you buy a used Vitesse setup with injectors that was designed to use resistors for the injectors, you won't need the resistors because the injector drivers in Rogue's DME will work perfectly fine with those injectors - a fact I confirmed with Joshua when I considered buying his DME (btw, I still plan to buy his DME, but we're stationed overseas at the moment and I don't have the 951 with me right now).

Even if you're considering a purchase of a second-hand Vitesse MAF system, you're still going to get better support from Vitesse, and you're definitely going to be happy with how well your car runs.
Old 10-24-2014, 05:53 PM
Mike Lindsey
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

The M-Tune will soon be available through Lindsey Racing. Although we have been selling it for 2 or 3 years now, low key, it will be exclusively available here.

Joshua is flowing our intake tube for final tune adjustments and will be supplying us all the images next week.

We "think" we will have our first batch of kits available within the next 7-14 days unless something comes up. Those may not last long since they haven't been readily available, but that will change. Rogue is supplying the chip, and we are building and amassing everything else. Our goal is to make the product as available as our LR products. Which means typically ship the same day.

It make take us a little while to streamline everything with supply parts, but that will get worked out.

We have changed it a little with a satin black powder coated aluminum intake pipe rather then plastic. We built a carbon fiber version but aren't happy with the fitting attachment so that is getting re-engineered. It could be a few months before those are available. You also have silicone selection of blue, black and red.

As you know, we are open 5 days a week from 8-5 and have a good tech department. We will fully support this product as best we can, and Josh will be the back-up. With time, that will get better as well.

Hope this helps answer the question when the M-Tune will be available.

-LR
Other 1-405-947-0137
Old 10-24-2014, 07:33 PM
User 52121
Nordschleife Master

Received 134 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike Lindsey
The M-Tune will soon be available through Lindsey Racing. Although we have been selling it for 2 or 3 years now, low key, it will be exclusively available here.

Joshua is flowing our intake tube for final tune adjustments and will be supplying us all the images next week.

We "think" we will have our first batch of kits available within the next 7-14 days unless something comes up. Those may not last long since they haven't been readily available, but that will change. Rogue is supplying the chip, and we are building and amassing everything else. Our goal is to make the product as available as our LR products. Which means typically ship the same day.

It make take us a little while to streamline everything with supply parts, but that will get worked out.

We have changed it a little with a satin black powder coated aluminum intake pipe rather then plastic. We built a carbon fiber version but aren't happy with the fitting attachment so that is getting re-engineered. It could be a few months before those are available. You also have silicone selection of blue, black and red.

As you know, we are open 5 days a week from 8-5 and have a good tech department. We will fully support this product as best we can, and Josh will be the back-up. With time, that will get better as well.

Hope this helps answer the question when the M-Tune will be available.

-LR
Fantastic news!

Will your aluminum intake pipe be available separately for those who already have the plastic version?
Old 10-24-2014, 09:52 PM
Cyberpunky
Three Wheelin'

Well that's great news. Again thanks for all the input.

Quick Reply: M tune or Vitesse ?