Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

944 Turbo Wide Body Kit

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2014, 03:59 PM
ajrlredondo
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 944 Turbo Wide Body Kit

Anyone have information with pictures about the assembly of the wide body kit for a 944 Turbo? I bought a 968 front and rear wide fenders from GT Racing and I would apreciatte pictures about the assembly and which área I have to cut in the stocks fenders.

https://www.gt-racing.com/wp-content...74-285x165.jpg
https://www.gt-racing.com/wp-content...73-285x145.jpg

Thank you in advance!

Last edited by ajrlredondo; 08-11-2014 at 04:02 PM. Reason: To add details
The following users liked this post:
pormgb (12-05-2019)
Old 08-13-2014, 02:29 AM
Dubai944
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

I have the same flares on my car. For the rears you need to mount the flare and mark the bolt line then cut out about 1.5 inches of fender arch under the bolt line and re-weld.

You also need to fit the rear of the fender around the lower valence panel if you have a turbo or s2. In my case I modified the valence panel to curve outside the flare.

For the fronts just mount the flare then cut out the fender as high as you can under the bolt pattern but make sure you round it off to avoid cut tyres. You also need to remove all of the fiberglass inside the bottom lips of the flares for wheel clearance. On the rears I also had to file away a lot of the front half of the inner flare lip due to my low ride height and wide track.

You will also need some sort of trim panel to run between the front and rear flares. I used sheet aluminum.

Some pics below. Mock up on the car showing clearance and fitting issues, the black and white shows the modified rear valence, the paint shop pic shows the cut and re-welded rear fender after paint and the last couple showing the finished result:

pormgb (12-05-2019)
Old 08-13-2014, 04:48 AM
jg951
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice Looking CAR Dubai944
pormgb (12-05-2019)
Old 08-13-2014, 08:57 AM
disasterman
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Another option - Broadfoot/Hairy Glass Jacksonville flairs.

My mold on the front fascia and hood.

This kit requires a lot more work than adding flairs. I thought you might like to see it.
Attached Images  
pormgb (12-05-2019)
Old 08-13-2014, 10:19 AM
ajrlredondo
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thank you very much Dubai944!. Another question, I am thinking about to mount 18 inches Wheel rear and front for my track car, and we need to know which is the maximun size of tire that I can use with this fender flares? It is posible to use 660 or 680 mm (Wheel diameter) tire and 11 inches width front wheels?
I want to use 660 or 680 mm wheels for better traction, and we have to choose between 11 or more width wheels inches, but I am not sure if I will have problems with the travel suspensión hitting to the front flares. Also we would aprreciatte help in the correct whell offset with this wide body kit to bought the wheels.

In the rear fender flares I think we won´t have problems and maybe we could use even 12 or 13 inches.

Thank you again!
pormgb (12-05-2019)
Old 08-13-2014, 11:31 AM
Dubai944
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by disasterman
Another option - Broadfoot/Hairy Glass Jacksonville flairs.My mold on the front fascia and hood. This kit requires a lot more work than adding flairs. I thought you might like to see it.
Looks fantastic and a better option than the GT racing flares for clearance and access, but seems he already bought GT Racing flares.

ajrlredondo,

For the GT Racing flares 660s at the rear would be fine but marginal at the front. I run 650s all round. 680s would be a bit big unless you ran more offset or ride height.

My rims are CCW C10. Custom offsets are as follows:
Rears 18x 12 with 14mm offset
Fronts 18x11 with 38mm offset

These were made to give the widest track possible within the bodywork limitation of the GT racing flares. In hindsight the rear offset could have been a few mm more as I got a bit of outer edge rubbing at low ride heights and had to file the flares out. I run the lowest ride height I can get limited by the lowest left rear shock height setting on my Motons. However I also run stiff springs, over 1000 front and rear, so if you are running a softer setup you will need to increase your offset/raise ride height slightly or run smaller diameter tyres to avoid clearance problems with these particular flares.

Actually if you look at the two pictures of my car in grey you can see the difference offsets and rim widths make because in the black and white photo my front rims were actually mounted on the rear because the rears had not yet arrived. You can see how 38mm offset 11s give more clearance than the 14mm 12s in the colour picture.
pormgb (12-05-2019)

Quick Reply: 944 Turbo Wide Body Kit