Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

A sign of true friends.

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2003, 04:20 PM
*eurospeed951*
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A sign of true friends.

Well Last night I was reminded that I am very lucky to have the friends I have. I decided to take my Porsche out to a local gathering place for car nuts on Saturday nights. There is always a large, mixed crowd of ricers, bikers, Vdubers, and just about everything else. My friend road along with me and we planed to meet some people out there, but two other friends stayed home since one of them had to finish a project to be able to go to a car show the next day. I got about 5 miles from the gathering when suddenly my shifter felt loose. I soon found that I could not find 1st and 2nd. It was not long before I found my self stopped at a light with my car stuck in 3rd and my shift linkage not attached. There were no street lights around and I was in the middle of the street. I had to move the car so I slipped the clutch and then let it bog out enough to get it rolling. I was able to make it the parking lot next to where the gathering was. I was sure that a bolt on my Autothority short shift kit fell out somewhere along the way, but I had no jack, flashlight, tools, or the little special bolt that was missing. I called my friend that had stay home to work on his project. Without hesitation he dropped what he was doing, filled his car full of parts, drove a good distance to get me another bolt and then drove all the way out to where I was. While he was doing this it had started to rain and lightning. By the time he got there we were soaked. He then helped me fix the linkage while about 20 people stood around to watch the stupid Porsche owner who had to get all greasy and wet working on his car in a parking lot at midnight. GGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!! In the end we were able to fix everything and get the car back to his house where I helped him finish his project.

Just wanted to share something good since most posts here are about something bad or something going wrong. Thanks again guys.
Old 08-10-2003, 04:25 PM
BoostGuy951
Three Wheelin'

Nice to know you've got friends that would do that for you. I've been the guy with the car full of parts countless times.
Old 08-10-2003, 05:25 PM
indiana_86_944_turbo
Instructor

i have been there but my deal was a loose wire on my starter on my rx-7 it was about 15 degrees out and several inches of snow on the ground.but a buddy of mine came with a floor jack and after that it was a quick fix. when i changed my stat last month it was nice out and when i finally got it done it had rained and in was soaked but the stat was in and that was all that matered at the time.

scott

Quick Reply: A sign of true friends.