Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

zeitronix install Rogue DME logger

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2014, 09:34 PM
mtnman82
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default zeitronix install Rogue DME logger

So I'm finally installing the Zeitronix I've had in a box for a few years now. I already have Rogue's DME logger installed. I bought the logger before any instructions were available and have a few emails I exchanged with Joshua on how to install. I believe I can hook the wideband output from the Zeitronix into Rogue's logger setup, correct? Is there a drawing/schematic available to show me how to do this? I can't find anything on the website.

Also wondering where to get switched power for the Zeitronix?

Thanks guys! I'm excited to get this going. Would like to get the EGT sensor going too (at least for cockpit display).
Old 06-08-2014, 09:34 PM
mtnman82
Rennlist Member

PS - I haven't bugged Joshua yet, hoping to get a quick answer from the forum without wasting his time...
Old 06-08-2014, 09:50 PM
refresh951
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts

http://www.roguetuning.com/dme_logge...r_setup__files

http://www.zeitronix.com/installatio...structions.pdf

Use the 0-5V output from the ZT-2

IIRC the 0-5V output depends on the version of ZT-2, make sure to check that. Also, you need to set the ZT-2 to use linear output (see instructions above)
Old 06-08-2014, 10:04 PM
mtnman82
Rennlist Member

Thanks Shawn! Once again - you the man!!!

Don't know how I missed th link on his website...

Oh, I have the pre-2009 Zt-2. http://www.zeitronix.com/installatio...structions.pdf

It's used from a well know 'lister from a few years back. I did find the LCD display I got has a big 'ol divot in it (hope this stuff works...).

Switched power will be evident along this journey???

Last edited by mtnman82; 06-08-2014 at 10:35 PM.
Old 06-14-2014, 11:58 PM
mtnman82
Rennlist Member

Trying not to start a new thread for this...

So I got everything hooked up and got my wiring a little more organized in the process (I have smt-6 harness wired in in addition to Rogue MAF and logger and now the Zeitronix too). I was really bummed when I started it up and the display was blank. Set about troubleshooting and everything looked great. I noticed a small flicker on the display when I started it up tonight and discovered if I hold a light up to the display I can see characters and it appears to be working. The divot in the display must have damaged it...? Unless there's a way to adjust brightness? I'm having a tough time finding a serial to USB converter to use the Zeitronix software.

Quick Reply: zeitronix install Rogue DME logger