Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Location of engine number

Old 04-13-2014, 12:45 PM
Made in Detroit
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Location of engine number

Is there another location?

I can't find a number on mine, where is should be...on the passenger side near the end of the head where the bell housing bolts to the block.
Old 04-13-2014, 01:23 PM
slap929
Pro

Happy to help, but did you try to search for this? Just had to google 944 engine number location, click on images, and BAM! answers. Also try to search the forums for the answer, as often times people ask the same typical questions.

On a side note, why are you still caught up on determining the engine code? I have notice several thread with the same general premise.
Attached Images  
Old 04-16-2014, 12:01 AM
Made in Detroit
Advanced

Originally Posted by slap929
Happy to help, but did you try to search for this? Just had to google 944 engine number location, click on images, and BAM! answers. Also try to search the forums for the answer, as often times people ask the same typical questions.

On a side note, why are you still caught up on determining the engine code? I have notice several thread with the same general premise.
Yes I did search, I guess was mudding up the search with too much info. I searched Clark's garage too.

I still can't find any number where it is supposed to be.

regarding the side note: trying to figure out if this is a Turbo S...looking for a 52 on the engine code. All the equipment/build date indicate it's and S but the options tag in the back shows 51...I've seen posts from S owners that theirs show 51 also.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Location of engine number