Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

CyCloNe!'s Build Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2013, 03:22 PM
CyCloNe!
Race Car

Received 121 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by golf97
Do you have a post somewhere detailing your MAF set up?
Some where I do, I'll post it later. It's a Ford Lightning 90 MAF, 3bar FPR and had custom tuning from Josh (Rogue) running 28 pin chips. So it runs chips made by him with a harness that connects from the AFM to the Lightning MAF. This was right before he fully finished the M-Tune so in all honesty I recommend getting its product for several reasons. The most important one being easy of tuning and trpubleshooting.
Old 05-08-2013, 07:26 PM
CyCloNe!
Race Car

Finally got the Lindsey 57 trim turbo in and I must say she almost scares me at the same boost lvl, I can't imagine at 17+ psi.

My old one will be fore sale which will include the GT3076R housing and wheel because it will fit if the center bore on the wheel is increased slightly. My old turbo is roughly a 46 trim with a larger exducer and a stage III wheel and has a turbonetics hotside which makes it bolt on. My center secotion will most likely need to be rebuilt it was leaking some oil on the hotside very very minimal shaft play. I ran a small restrictor which helped a lot with smoke, no on idle just under boost. I will be looking at $400 shipped, no lower.
Old 05-24-2013, 10:32 PM
CyCloNe!
Race Car

Well guys looks like I may have to sell the 951, went through some changes financially and looks like I'm most likely getting rid of the old girl.
Old 05-24-2013, 11:01 PM
CurtP
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Sorry to hear Conrad. I was in a similar situation a month ago and almost got rid of my 951. She's definitely not a cheap car to maintain.

Are you still doing powder coating? I wouldn't mind having my intake done in a plain aluminum color, but it would have to be blasted first to get rid of the paint that's on it now.
Old 05-24-2013, 11:26 PM
CyCloNe!
Race Car

Hey Curt ya I still do the power coating. Ya she's not a cheap one to keep up it thats the reason, I think one of my big draw backs was getting a 951 that needed more love. I might end up just getting an old carb'd car like a mustang or something that has cheap parts and that doesn't have all these sensors and wiring.
Old 05-25-2013, 01:25 AM
gruhsy
Drifting

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts

Sorry to hear you are having to sell. Hope things work out for you.
Old 06-19-2013, 07:41 PM
CyCloNe!
Race Car

Well guys the sale has been put on hold, wife stated she wanted to find a new place to live first instead of worrying about the car.

So I decided to clean the interior a bit, may get a dash mat since I have cracks and I hear the caps are a waste and I don't feel like spending the money on redoing it. I'm trying to refrain myself from spending money I would love to change the carpet and do a few nice interior things or get a paint job but don't see a point if I plan on selling again soon. Any who here's some pics!
Attached Images   
Old 06-19-2013, 07:44 PM
CyCloNe!
Race Car

I feel like my photos make the interior look better than it is lol
Old 06-20-2013, 08:24 AM
86 951 Driver
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I found a place that sells complete carpet kits for around $300 or so.
Old 06-20-2013, 09:51 AM
944er-teile.de
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by CyCloNe!
Well I powder coated a few things today
She's looking cleaner, the cam housing will be my polished shaved one on the first page.
Sorry guys - you are buying expensive, polished cam housings - powder coating several parts in strange colors and call the engine a lot cleaner now? Not able just to take 20 minutes and an old towel to clean up the dirt of the last 25 years from the shell and several other parts???
Old 06-20-2013, 10:41 AM
Paulyy
Professional Hoon
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

IMO selling cars for a financial issue isn't the best way to go about it. Unless you'll get 30k for a car. You'll get 5k for it probably (only guessing) and all i know is in Australia, it wont get you far at all. Living expenses for a month if you're lucky.
Unless you and your wife both have cars, then fair enough.

There's always other ways in getting money. For example; Garage sale. Sell off stuff you don't need. Weekend job, bar tending ect.

Goodluck mate!
Old 06-20-2013, 01:09 PM
CyCloNe!
Race Car

Originally Posted by 944er-teile.de
Sorry guys - you are buying expensive, polished cam housings - powder coating several parts in strange colors and call the engine a lot cleaner now? Not able just to take 20 minutes and an old towel to clean up the dirt of the last 25 years from the shell and several other parts???
Sad thing is I cleaned that puppy a few times, it's caked on I need to use a pressure washer just waiting on seeing family and I'll use my dad's and blast that baby.

Last edited by CyCloNe!; 06-24-2013 at 08:42 PM.
Old 06-20-2013, 01:26 PM
CyCloNe!
Race Car

Originally Posted by Paulyy
IMO selling cars for a financial issue isn't the best way to go about it. Unless you'll get 30k for a car. You'll get 5k for it probably (only guessing) and all i know is in Australia, it wont get you far at all. Living expenses for a month if you're lucky.
Unless you and your wife both have cars, then fair enough.

There's always other ways in getting money. For example; Garage sale. Sell off stuff you don't need. Weekend job, bar tending ect.

Goodluck mate!
Well the idea for selling the car was to get something more practical and/or pay off credit cards. Every month I spend money fixing things and most of its my fault in that since I have an addiction to preventative maintenance and a weak spot for good deals lol. For me 5k if spent only on housing and common bills could last 3 or 4 months. As far as the garage sell method its a good idea I just don't having anything worth selling except the car, I sell all the decent car parts I have and some nice ones just haven't sold (till have the gt3076 housing, wheel and a t04e). The car sale is on hold anyway and honestly I hope I don't have to sell it but out of what we have it would be the only thing worth selling. With my wife and I both are in ministry and I with a second job at Advance Auto and college honestly we just don't make much and we don't buy expensive nice things so outside of her car (06 Solara- Parents Hand me Down) and mine we have a nice 32inch flat screen and an old laptop that's really it that would sell. All the furniture and stuff is family hand me downs and the bed my dad and I made. I have another car (Focus 02) but we're giving that to someone once I fix a few things. I don't stress about it, gotta do what ya gotta do and right now I'm just enjoying driving her and glad I get to keep her for now, who knows might not ever have to sell her and I can pass her down to my kids and tell them "daddy made the mistake of buying a car without checking with mommy... don't make the same mistake @_@ "
Old 06-20-2013, 07:35 PM
CyCloNe!
Race Car

Relocated my wide-band temporarily, till I find that gauge that I want there. I was going to build my own and put it there but the lcd screens I find are longer than I want.
Attached Images  
Old 06-24-2013, 08:41 PM
CyCloNe!
Race Car

well I have a few projects that I hope do get done this week with the wife out of town.
1) New Wires, Plugs and maybe Rotor Button
2) Polished Cam Housing Install
3) Replace Heater Hoses with Black Silicone Lindsey Racing Set
4) Replace Heater Valve with metal Audi Valve
5) Might check out my A/C as well
6) Adjust Headlight lines so they look better

Quick Reply: CyCloNe!'s Build Thread