Old 02-13-2013, 08:37 PM
Rogue_Ant
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Small Business Partner

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Perhaps.

You could also try FQS position #2 and see if that helps.
Old 02-13-2013, 09:18 PM
shortyboy
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by CyCloNe!
Hey Josh would a bad ISV cause it to be a little richer? I usually have to give some throttle when cranking to get it to idle at first and the ARF's stay in the low 10's until it warms a bit (3min) then it goes to mid 10.5-10.9 and full warm is in the 14.5 range.

I run 17psi and it holds till redline in atleast the first 3 gears, hardly ever use fourth. I'm trying to get some stuff under control before I get her on the dyno. I emptied my aftermarket catch can today (it's line between AOS and MAF Tree), no oil came out only clear water (condensation).

I bought my tps and isv from work I'm defecting them out this week and getting new ones. That extra oil from my turbo I know made my tps act up. I put a restrictor in and now it seems way better, just giving a few days for some of the oil to clear out of the intake.
A bad ISV will cause bad idle on startup/when using AC. Have you rebuilt your throttle body and properly set your idle? ( Clarks-Garage ) With AFRs that rich on cold idle, I would also check your engine temp sensor ( near coolant neck on block ), it could be telling the DME its colder that the engine actually is which is causing your rich AFRs on cold start.Good luck
Old 08-04-2016, 05:31 PM
Smudo
Racer

Received 49 Likes on 13 Posts

Hi, guys, I have a question about AFR's. I was at the track today. I am running 16.7 psi boost. On the second run I noticed that at WOT until 4000 rpms the AFRs where around 11.5 - 12.0 and above those rpms they were in 12.0 - 12.5 range. I run pump gas and I have VEMS and the car was tuned on dyno. I recall it was richer before (at least I think so). The guy who did the tuning is on vacation and I will have local PC track day this weekend and want to be sure whether I can go to the track safely with such AFRs. All vacuum and boost lines (at least those that I could see from the top of the engine) are in place. The engine was really hot after the track eevent and the idle was around 15 and cruising AFRs were around 14.

Quick Reply: Afr's what should I see