Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

1000whp 951? strength of stock engine parts

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2012, 04:11 AM
NZ951
Race Director

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Ok, so you got your answer from Bob, retard. If you have more questions, go ask him since his is the only opinion you believe. No point posting here ever again...
Old 11-19-2012, 04:22 AM
Reimu
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NZ951
Ok, so you got your answer from Bob, retard. If you have more questions, go ask him since his is the only opinion you believe. No point posting here ever again...
This. I don't really understand why you would ask for someone's opinion and then say it's worthless...

Bob has already spoken on the matter, we are but mortal men who are unfit to utter his name.
Old 11-19-2012, 04:37 AM
944J
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Reimu
This. I don't really understand why you would ask for someone's opinion and then say it's worthless...

Bob has already spoken on the matter, we are but mortal men who are unfit to utter his name.
I didn't ask them specifically, I asked anoyone on the board. And I don't disagree with everything they said.

Mostly I only disagree with the OFF TOPIC information they provided.

Am I not allowed to disagree? Because I disagree does that make me need to be scorned? lol

Grow up and try to actually have a discussion on the same level as someone. This board is crazy, it's always some small gang trying to rule it like a junior high schoolyard.

These guys are even making fake usernames to chime in on the post and harass me, too funny. Just shows that they must not have the purported knowledge they claim.
Old 11-19-2012, 04:39 AM
944J
Banned

Originally Posted by NZ951

my dear friend, who are you calling a retard?
Old 11-19-2012, 07:37 AM
Crackership
Rennlist Member

Alright, seriously... I am certainly not one who would usually get involved in this, or anything like it... but this is getting a bit out of hand. In the relatively short amount of time I've been here, this forum has become something like my favorite pub or what have you. It's a place I come to talk about cars we all love love, and to BS with people I've come to view as, at least, respected acquaintances, and, in some cases, friends. And you, sir, have beaten down the door and burst in with accusations ranging from stupidity to out-and-out dishonesty - All in the name of your golden idol and an email from him which implies that which you would like to believe.

I have taken offense to this, sir.

I realize that you have been here for much longer than I, but does that give you the right to treat those on this forum with such disrespect? I think not. You speak of the "good 'ol days" of this forum - back when there were so many revered builders of 951s on this board - as though the accomplishments of those here now are petty and the work of half-wits. And, while I know, with absolute certainty, that this is untrue, you are entitled your opinion. What you are not entitled to do is to accuse others of stupidity for not agreeing with you.

You say that the 951 is a dead platform. If you believe this to be true, then why are you here? And what joy do you receive from storming in to wreck our party?

I do not appreciate your attitude, and I sternly ask you to rectify it, or leave. This is not your forum, and your welcome is wearing thin.

Just a few examples of your disrespectful behavior and misplaced sense of entitlement:

Originally Posted by 944J
You can't even read the topic. The topic isnt "will stock handle 1000whp." The topic is what will they handle. Obviously you have no idea unless you've broken a few motors yourself. Please go away.
Where do you get off telling Paulyy to go away? We like Paulyy. He's our mate. You're the one who has made yourself unwelcome here. You go away.

can anyone show me where the ignore button is so i can ignore these gentlemen?
Yes. You'll find the "ignore these gentlemen" button at: www.anywebsiteotherthanRennlist951Forum.com - It shouldn't be hard to find.

Rennlist may not be the glorious oasis of the worlds greatest builders, as you so woefully recall it once being. But things change. Get used to it. I promise you, this is not the only thing you find has changed since you last left it.
Old 11-19-2012, 08:29 AM
Duke
Nordschleife Master

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

I whisper "Bob Norwood" in my engines intake before every startup. Instant boost of power!
Old 11-19-2012, 08:36 AM
Bob Rouleau

Still plays with cars.
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 255 Likes on 119 Posts

Gents,

My inbox is full of reported posts. I saw nothing which merited action by a mod. To the person who sent the most complaints - please stop... or else.

944J - you asked a question and got answers from a number of very reputable engine builders. Yet, you always return to Bob Norwood. Why don't you ask him?

FWIW I will also mention that back in the day, money-is-no-object 3 liter Formula One engines made about 900 HP on exotic fuel. They often lasted for the duration of a 2 hour race but needed a rebuild after every event. They were not 4 cyl either. On the other hand 1.5 liter turbo F1 engines made 900 - 1000 HP, so if money is no object it can be done. On the other hand an F1 engine does not resemble a 944 motor in any way.

So in sum, carry on, but if you don't like the answers you get, look elsewhere. To the rest, please keep your responses polite, else expect infractions.

Regards,
Old 11-19-2012, 10:08 AM
Tedro951
Three Wheelin'

I'm with Crackership (and others). I went back through 944J's recent post activity and it amuses me. This thread is more useless than the "sleeve" thread he started.
Old 11-19-2012, 11:06 AM
odurandina
Team Owner

Location: one thousand, five hundred miles north of Ft. Lauderdale for the summer.
Received 212 Likes on 153 Posts

I don't even have a 944 at the moment.

Old 11-19-2012, 08:46 PM
944J
Banned

Originally Posted by Bob Rouleau
Gents,

My inbox is full of reported posts. I saw nothing which merited action by a mod. To the person who sent the most complaints - please stop... or else.

944J - you asked a question and got answers from a number of very reputable engine builders. Yet, you always return to Bob Norwood. Why don't you ask him?

FWIW I will also mention that back in the day, money-is-no-object 3 liter Formula One engines made about 900 HP on exotic fuel. They often lasted for the duration of a 2 hour race but needed a rebuild after every event. They were not 4 cyl either. On the other hand 1.5 liter turbo F1 engines made 900 - 1000 HP, so if money is no object it can be done. On the other hand an F1 engine does not resemble a 944 motor in any way.

So in sum, carry on, but if you don't like the answers you get, look elsewhere. To the rest, please keep your responses polite, else expect infractions.

Regards,
Thanks, Bob so you condone the fake profiles by your mods? And other users calling me a Retard? Seems like you have some of your employees ruining your site by name calling etc.

Is it possible to get my 2 year membership refunded? If so please do it. Your site isn't worth it to me anymore.

944J - you asked a question and got answers from a number of very reputable engine builders.
Because they were rude out of the gate. And mostly because they aren't reputable. Their information didn't match with a professional I contacted a while ago. Every time someone asks a question on this site your employees/mods give the same answer: search is your friend, i only want 400hp, its too expensive, don't even think about it, or a bunch of fake profiles to make fun of the poster, this has been going on for years, some people even prefix their posts saying I want to know this but please don't flame me. Pretty sad. Again they are not reputable in my definition nor professionals, nor good examples of ethical humans when they resort to creating fake profiles (profiles created on the day) to poke fun of someone seeking genuine information.

Again, if I could get a refund that would be great, if not no big deal, you just lost 1 paying customer (I'm not saying you or your band of virtual schoolyard bullies care. I'm sure you will be happy to be rid of me.)
Old 11-19-2012, 08:47 PM
944J
Banned

Originally Posted by Crackership
Alright, seriously... I am certainly not one who would usually get involved in this, or anything like it... but this is getting a bit out of hand. In the relatively short amount of time I've been here, this forum has become something like my favorite pub or what have you. It's a place I come to talk about cars we all love love, and to BS with people I've come to view as, at least, respected acquaintances, and, in some cases, friends. And you, sir, have beaten down the door and burst in with accusations ranging from stupidity to out-and-out dishonesty - All in the name of your golden idol and an email from him which implies that which you would like to believe.

I have taken offense to this, sir.

I realize that you have been here for much longer than I, but does that give you the right to treat those on this forum with such disrespect? I think not. You speak of the "good 'ol days" of this forum - back when there were so many revered builders of 951s on this board - as though the accomplishments of those here now are petty and the work of half-wits. And, while I know, with absolute certainty, that this is untrue, you are entitled your opinion. What you are not entitled to do is to accuse others of stupidity for not agreeing with you.

You say that the 951 is a dead platform. If you believe this to be true, then why are you here? And what joy do you receive from storming in to wreck our party?

I do not appreciate your attitude, and I sternly ask you to rectify it, or leave. This is not your forum, and your welcome is wearing thin.

Just a few examples of your disrespectful behavior and misplaced sense of entitlement:

Where do you get off telling Paulyy to go away? We like Paulyy. He's our mate. You're the one who has made yourself unwelcome here. You go away.

Yes. You'll find the "ignore these gentlemen" button at: www.anywebsiteotherthanRennlist951Forum.com - It shouldn't be hard to find.

Rennlist may not be the glorious oasis of the worlds greatest builders, as you so woefully recall it once being. But things change. Get used to it. I promise you, this is not the only thing you find has changed since you last left it.

lol
Old 11-19-2012, 10:39 PM
944J
Banned

I just had to post this garbage from the site owner:

Originally Posted by RENNLIST SITE OWNER EMAIL TO ME
Enough! You reported a dozen or more posts. You are harassing mods! Because you don't like the answers but continue with the "Bob Norwood this and Bob Norwood that" ...what do you expect. The people why tried to supply reasonable answers are by now frustrated with your persistence.
No, your mods are harassing me. No wonder you aren't punishing them for making fake accounts and harassing me further. Your site has become obsolete.

I have no idea what my mods are doing, probably as annoyed as I was to see so many reported posts based on an assumption of being harassed. AS to false accounts, the IP address was clean. If the site is obsolete, well, our opinions differ.

Regards,
IP was clean? Try IP's. There were two harassing me from the same day. Not likely that two people joined on the same day and had less than 20 posts and just decided to make their 16 post a flame of me. But on rennlist anything can happen.

Please cancel and refund if possible.

The two posters that "harassed" you were spambots and their posts were deleted and they are banned. Sorry you were offended by the bots. As to the rest, the one guy who called you a retard was infracted for insulting a member. The bottom line, you asked a question, got answers and didn't like what you were told. Because the answers weren't what you wanted, you persisted. Those who took the trouble to answer got frustrated and responded as they did.

So, leave if you will. I won't cancel your account because chances are you will want to come back after a few days. Hope you do in fact.

Best,
First you said you checked their IP address and it was clean. Now you are saying they were spam bots and deleted. You're contradicting yourself. Your being dishonest about the "spam bots" I've been programming computers and running bulletin boards for longer than you knew what a computer looked like. I read all of their posts and they had intelligent, meaningful posts, and avatars/icons of 944 Porsches. You are padding your post content which is common from forum users by using paid employees to post threads to make your forum look more busy than it is. This is a common technique to boost advertising revenue. I can tell this because anytime I post it's responded to by one or more of the same 5 users which means your forum usage is really low. Be honest, you can't fool someone with my computer experience about this kind of thing.

Now we see that the apple is rotten to the core.
Old 11-20-2012, 12:38 AM
911SLOW
Admin
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 122 Likes on 95 Posts

Posting private messages is a major violation.

You have a 1000 years to reconsider your posting manners.

Best,

John
Old 11-20-2012, 02:29 AM
Paulyy
Professional Hoon
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm pretty sure i answered some of his questions and he failed to comprehend what i wrote.

Originally Posted by Paulyy
stock rods are good for 400rwhp even 450rwhp
no one as far as i know has snapped a crank. no one has tried to break a crank so we don't know

And remember it's torque that breaks things, not horsepower.
There's different amount of torque at 10,000 rpm and 5000 rpm for the same amount of horsepower.
Old 11-20-2012, 03:11 AM
NZ951
Race Director

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 911SLOW
Posting private messages is a major violation.

You have a 1000 years to reconsider your posting manners.

Best,

John
On reflection was 112 years not enough?

Quick Reply: 1000whp 951? strength of stock engine parts