Official V8 Registry.

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2013, 04:42 AM
Dubai944
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by PJR1976
Anyone running the Race Technologies Dash 2

Am I right in thinking it will connect directly into the GM LS3 EM?

I really like the looks of this unit as its street legal as well as being a great track tool, also seems like a good price... thoughts/feedback?
You should be able to connect using a CAN or Serial Interface, which you buy from them separately. You can also read from an OBDII port. It depend what data output you get from the GM ECU which I am not familiar with and how you choose to wire it up.

I have had one in my car for four years. Mine links to a Motec M400 and a Race Technology DL1 data logger. I wired it myself and not being an electrical genius I found the wiring configuration took a bit of work to get the Dash 2, Datalogger and Motec to play together properly, but I got it working nicely in the end through a serial interface cable. For better compatibility I wish I had used a Motec Dash, but as long as you get it set up properly it's a good product.

I like the display and you have multiple configurable displays, warning lights, gear indicator etc. Only the pro version has a built in GPS receiver. You need a GPS source like the DL1 logger to get speed, lap and sector times etc., so factor in the cost of the interface cable and a separate GPS logger if you are only getting the standard Dash 2.
Old 12-10-2013, 09:17 AM
TonyG
Rennlist Junkie Forever

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Anyone running the Race Technologies Dash 2

Am I right in thinking it will connect directly into the GM LS3 EM?

I really like the looks of this unit as its street legal as well as being a great track tool, also seems like a good price... thoughts/feedback?
You'd be better off with a Racepak IQ3 Logger Dash because by the time you buy all the stuff needed (the Dash 2, the DL1) your in the IQ3 logger dash territory and there is a LOT of stuff you can get with Racepak to do everything you'll ever need including the CAN bus (they call it a Vnet) integration of a PDM (they call it a Smartwire). Basically you get into Motec territory for 1/3 the price.

TonyG
Old 12-26-2013, 06:05 PM
Techno Duck
Nordschleife Master

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Its friggin loud! 4" single all the way back from the long tubes with a Magnaflow muffler.

Just waiting on an air filter which should be here monday. Then off for alignment end of next week i hope!

Old 12-26-2013, 06:52 PM
odurandina
Team Owner

Location: one thousand, five hundred miles north of Ft. Lauderdale for the summer.
Received 212 Likes on 153 Posts

looking good TD !!

I assume you'll be driving that on NY streets ?

they're very touchy about loud exhausts in the state of NY.

I'm having my oem 968 triangle resonator re-done for the 3 1/2" inlet/outlet.

Originally Posted by refresh951
Since you are taking the "high road" just curious how your progress is coming since you discuss it often. Certainly this must be done? Curious to see some pics.

the engine and transmission are now completed.

swap parts all inventoried. I still need a few odds and ends and the wiring harness...

I ended up having December off. working in Daytona/Ormond beach was delayed until January.

(no income/no surplus cash) equated to the swap being delayed 8 more weeks.

in any case, I'm hoping to be able to schedule the install for March 1st,

and be riding the high road not too long after.

od
Old 12-26-2013, 09:32 PM
Techno Duck
Nordschleife Master

Rob, can you elaborate a little on what you mean? Tuning is not one of my strong suits. Would moving the O2 sensors further forward (towards or on the header) reduce any possible issues?

I will probably redo the y-section on the exhaust at some point, but frankly the shop did such a nice job on the welds and merge i figure ill run it for now. Id also like to add a flex coupler in-between the headers and merge.. i neglected to tell them this before they built the exhaust.

Edit - After some reading i now understand what your saying Rob. Ill definitely keep this in mind when i get the car on the road. Hopefully the Swaintech coating keeps enough heat in!

Last edited by Techno Duck; 12-26-2013 at 09:57 PM.
Old 12-27-2013, 12:04 AM
PJR1976
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats.

Let me know how much quiter it gets if you add a resonator... I was planning on putting a resonator in as I was guessing this style set up may be loud.
Old 12-27-2013, 12:23 AM
Techno Duck
Nordschleife Master

I am probably going to add in a 4" Vibrant resonator (ready available on Summit) once i get the car back as i dont want to run into any issues at Lime Rock. Ive only heard the car run indoors, but even in that case i think its going to be way too loud. Dont want to **** the neighbors off either! The exhaust actually sounds a little different in person, i dont think the mic on my iPhone could handle it!
Old 12-27-2013, 10:25 AM
disasterman
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have been using the same Magnaflow muffler that I had on the turbo engine when I need to run at a "quite track". I switch to a 3" straight pipe when I go to the open tracks. I can switch them out in 10 minutes.
Old 12-27-2013, 06:39 PM
Techno Duck
Nordschleife Master

Ordered a 4" resonator and two 3" flex pipes earlier. Ill have it all welded on when i get the car back.

Just thinking about it, its going to be way to loud and the neighbors im sure will get pissed when i am leaving for the track early in the morning. .
Old 12-30-2013, 12:53 AM
PJR1976
Instructor

What motor mounts are folks using and why?
Old 12-30-2013, 01:20 AM
odurandina
Team Owner

Location: one thousand, five hundred miles north of Ft. Lauderdale for the summer.
Received 212 Likes on 153 Posts

post #70 but use urethane bushings.

https://rennlist.com/forums/924-931-...issions-5.html
Old 12-30-2013, 01:40 AM
PJR1976
Instructor

I have a TPC kit from Eric on its way to me but I was recently told that these mounts raise the engine / stock centre of gravity... Any truth behind this comment?

Do you know if the ones from xschop are the same?

Guys racing please chime in as this car will be seeing track time.
Old 12-30-2013, 11:33 AM
PorscheDoc
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I have a TPC kit from Eric on its way to me but I was recently told that these mounts raise the engine / stock centre of gravity... Any truth behind this comment?

Do you know if the ones from xschop are the same?

Guys racing please chime in as this car will be seeing track time.
I haven't noticed any abnormalities in how the car handles on the race track with those motor mounts. Everything has been working great. My car is a fully race prepped car.

I though Xschop was the one making the mounts (in addition to other parts) for the TPC kits?
Old 12-30-2013, 12:08 PM
PJR1976
Instructor

Thanks guys, good to hear that about the mounts.

A silly question for ya... Any need / anyone running an oil catch can on the ls3?
Old 12-30-2013, 06:11 PM
Techno Duck
Nordschleife Master

I am running this one on my car;

http://www.saikoumichi.com/Stage1_LS1_page.html

Had one from the same company when my car was still turbo'ed. Worked very well and kept the intake track clean.

Quick Reply: Official V8 Registry.