Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

"Protective Plate" Mounting

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2012, 09:54 PM
SCEV
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "Protective Plate" Mounting

I've got an 86 951 that didn't come with a batwing or either of the protective plates. I've recently purchased one of the protective plates (left one in below picture), but I'm not sure how it attaches. Looks like the back side mounts underneath the cross member, but the front seems to be no where near anything to mount to.

I'm thinking maybe it mounts to the batwing (which I don't have yet)? Another idea I have is maybe it mounts to the bottom radiator support (which I also don't have)? Anyone have any insight, and photos of one installed would be awesome!

Scott
Attached Images  
Old 10-30-2012, 10:13 PM
Crackership
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The front of the center under tray does mount to the bottom radiator support. Then, the batwing mounts to the front bumper, the front of the inner front fender liners and to the center tray. As for the rear tray, I have no idea, I don't have one.
Old 10-31-2012, 08:55 AM
Cyberpunky
Three Wheelin'

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

The rear aluminium tray is bolted to the middle plastic tray on outer holes to make them one piece. The middle plastic tray mounts to the radiator support with 3 bolts. It has about 5 bolts that go under the engine. The aluminium tray has the 2 uprights at the rear that fit over studs. There has been a couple of threads on under trays recently that I have posted pics on so you can see it fitted, that should come up in a search
peace
Cyberpunky
Old 10-31-2012, 09:02 AM
Cyberpunky
Three Wheelin'

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Here you go
https://rennlist.com/forums/944-turb...ray-stuff.html

Quick Reply: "Protective Plate" Mounting