Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/944-turbo-and-turbo-s-forum-72/)
-   -   WTB: 951S roller or empty shell (https://rennlist.com/forums/944-turbo-and-turbo-s-forum/715828-wtb-951s-roller-or-empty-shell.html)

darek_u 09-08-2012 10:04 AM

WTB: 951S roller or empty shell

I'm looking for 944 Turbo S roller or empty shell. Mine is damaged badly, repair makes rather no sense. Swap is the best solution, especially that I have everything else restored. So what I'm looking for is a roller with perfectly straight body - no serious damages and previous repairs. Cosmetic condition does not matter. I do not need engine, trans, interior etc. etc. In fact I'm looking for unibody only but roller is much easier for transportation. No track toys with modded body and welded cage - this car will never be tracked.
I will organize everything and pick it up with my own transport.

Cheers

darek_u 09-10-2012 03:58 PM

nothing for sale??? i may consider whole car if price will be reasonable...

darek_u 09-13-2012 11:25 PM

bump

still looking

dnovak 09-14-2012 12:18 AM

A buddy of mine is losing his project to his marriage as in it's her or the car. I will post the link

dnovak 09-14-2012 12:21 AM

http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/3236242127.html

darek_u 09-14-2012 04:15 AM

I'm sad to hear that somebody is loosing such a great project, especialy that he put so much effort in it... Unfortunately it's '86 and I'm looking for body to swap '88 turbo s parts otherwise my project will be lost as well.

darek_u 09-22-2012 04:30 PM

weekend bump

944CS 09-24-2012 11:02 AM

does it have to be a Turbo S shell, or is an '87 Turbo shell ok?

blade7 09-24-2012 12:26 PM

To Poland ?, wouldn't a shell from Europe be easier.

darek_u 09-24-2012 12:35 PM

To Poland ?, wouldn't a shell from Europe be easier.
Trust me I've been monitoring the market very closely in almost whole EU for the last few months. Nothing or only damaged shells, once I was very close in France but somebody was faster... On the other hand my Turbo is US version.

does it have to be a Turbo S shell, or is an '87 Turbo shell ok?
I would prefer Turbo S - if I'm supposed to pay a little fortune for transport etc. I would rather want to hve exactly what I want. However I'm getting closer to the point that I may consider very similar chassis and make necessary modifications. PM me with photos and more information please.

blade7 09-24-2012 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by darek_u (Post 9865118)
Trust me I've been monitoring the market very closely in almost whole EU for the last few months. Nothing or only damaged shells, once I was very close in France but somebody was faster... On the other hand my Turbo is US version.

Nothing in the UK or is RHD the issue ?, prices seem cheaper here than Europe.

darek_u 09-24-2012 12:51 PM

I've checked already few in UK but there are some issues - it looks like your road services use as much chemicals and salt on the roads during the winter as we do in Poland and it just eats the car from underneath... All shells I checked so far in UK were rusted. RHD is also an issue - quite a lot of things to be changed - firewall, pedal brackets, handbrake routing, battery fittings etc. LHD is definitely much easier to swap.

blade7 09-24-2012 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by darek_u (Post 9865166)
I've checked already few in UK but there are some issues - it looks like your road services use as much chemicals and salt on the roads during the winter as we do in Poland and it just eats the car from underneath... All shells I checked so far in UK were rusted.

One of the reasons I bought a car that had been used as a summer car for years, these cars are 20+ years old and chucking salt at the underside for winter after winter takes it's toll, I'm not sure cars used in coastal regions are much better off either.

333pg333 09-25-2012 08:38 AM

What's the difference between post '86 rollers? Didn't think the shell of the 's' (which was only called this in the U.S.) was any different. Try Japanese cars. Often in very good condition and shouldn't be too expensive for a car of that vintage.

darek_u 09-25-2012 03:22 PM

Japanese car? Hmmm, never thought about that... Aren't Japanese cars RHD? It is far away from Europe, I've never heard of anybody importing Japanese cars to EU, I don't even know where to look.