Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

LR loses another customer

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2012, 08:57 PM
bw993
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

I've purchased more parts over the last 6 years from LR than from any other vendor (including Lart) for my 951. In all those transactions I've never had an issue with an order or with invoicing. Dave, Mike and Traci have always been very courteous and professional, and very proactive in letting me know if an order was incorrect or an item on back ordered.

Just my experience.
Old 07-30-2012, 09:09 PM
White_951
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've got to chime in here....

About 5 or 6 weeks ago I put in a pretty large order with Lindsey...Traci calls me the next day and says the intercooler and vented nose piece weren't in stock at the moment. I thanked her and told her fine, send the other parts and I'll get back with her in a month or so, no problem. Little over a week ago I get a call from Traci that the intercooler is ready and they have a returned nose panel that I can have for half price...I told her I was a little leery on the nose panel so she goes back into the warehouse, brings it to the phone and describes the condition...I took it....and her description turned out spot on....

I was really impressed that out of hundreds of customers she was organized enough to be able to get me my parts without me having to call and re-order. I'd like to have a few employees just like her!

To make a long story short, if I had bought $100 worth of parts and only received a bill for $80 I'd have brought it to her attention myself, because good customer service is a two way street....
Old 07-30-2012, 09:18 PM
esmith904
Advanced

LR is an asset to the 951 community. Yes, I've had an order messed up where I got the wrong part. One quick phone call to Traci got it quickly sorted out and correct part on its way. Thank you!
Old 07-30-2012, 09:29 PM
eman930
Banned

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by LRTRACI
I wouldn't normally get on a forum & reply to things like this but I feel it necessary because I have so many customers that I deal with regularly on here.

Regarding Chris saying how "rude" & "atrocious" I was is extremely exaggerated. I contacted him ONE time, only ONCE. I told him I was going to discuss the charge with Dave since it had been a month & a week since the parts went out & I made an accounting error. After I emailed him a copy of his invoice showing his payment (less the $20.00 owed) so that he could see we never billed him for it, I never even had the chance to talk to anyone before getting an email saying he 'would not be paying the $20.00" & "if we continued to pursue the $20.00, we'd hear from his attorney".

I LOVE my job! And I am partial to LR because of what we stand for. I know that we cannot make everyone happy 100% of the time but I do try my hardest. Everyone makes mistakes, we are only human & that's why I was trying to take care of it by giving a courtesy phone call 1st. Obviously $20.00 is not worth losing a customer over so that's why Dave said to just let it go. There was never any harrassment to the customer, or 'forcing' him to get the 1" upgrade.

I greatly appreciate you customer's who stand behind LR & know by dealing with us that there is more to the story than being told! We will continue to take care of our customer's as we always have.

***I AM NOT RESPONDING ON BEHALF OF LR, THIS IS MY OWN PERSONAL RESPONSE***

-TRACI-
Traci Rocks, She was super nice and helpfull with me and even kept me informed with my order when I was waiting on some exhaust stock to come in. Im amazed she can keep orders and parts together and she even knows what she's talking about and what part dose what, As everyone noted LR is a huge asset to the 951 community and I for one will continue to buy from them, To be honest if a $20 Part is what turns you off from a company then maybe you should not order parts anymore.
Old 07-30-2012, 09:41 PM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 93 Likes on 76 Posts

Great 1st post Traci.
On another note, I love what you've done with your hair.
Old 07-30-2012, 09:42 PM
gruhsy
Drifting

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts

Was that a 951 that backfired?????????????????????????

OOOOOHH I can turn someone off something for less than 20 bucks if anyone wants to save money in these hard financial times.

I've got more bad jokes like this thread.......... I can start a new thread if anyone want to hear them HAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And yes I know I am being a F@#$W#ng *** but threads like this just ask for it, I just turned 40 yesterday and quite frankly I don't give a F#$@#$@#k

PS

HI Traci how are you Maybe I'll buy something for my 951 tomorrow

take care everyone......hugs and kisses to everyone
Old 07-30-2012, 10:15 PM
C ANDERSON
Racer

As a business owner in the Automotive Restoration business for close to 30 years I have done business with hundreds of vendors for all makes of cars . The majority of are no were close to Lindsey Racing in customer service and knowledge . Just recently needed a WB02 sensor for the Innovate system , they were out of stock and Traci goes to Dave and gets the BOSCH part number so could get it local. And you know I feel bad cause he missed a sale. I order parts that I could get from my Local Porsche dealer a little cheaper but don't want to wait for and the dealer may get wrong because they don't know our cars any longer. So a call goes out to Traci and order stuff I know may need to have on the shelf for later . Or call a customer to see if they need anything that a order is going in to Lindsey.

Thank you, Traci, Dave and Mike and all of the crew for what you do , with out you guys the 944 world may not be what is is today.

Clifton Anderson
Old 07-30-2012, 11:28 PM
95ONE
Race Car

Traci Always calls me with any problems. No problems this time though. I purchased my Tailing arm pivot Spherical bushings - made by elephant and got them today. Within 1.5 business days. Great stuff.

LOL Traci, is that you in your Avatar!? Great to see you.
Old 07-30-2012, 11:35 PM
jimbo1111
Banned

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

I'm sure the original poster Chris probably just hit his breaking moment with all the frustration he has endured over his motor problems. I know I have bin there many times and the first person I see or talk to usually gets the grunt of it unfortunately. I think we should cut him some slack because all of us have probably bin in his position. Secondly I think LR stated there was a glitch in the on-line order form. So it is easy for someone to get upset over a transaction simple due to the fact that a glitch existed in the programing. I wouldn't particularly care if it was 50 cents or $500. I'd still be upset.
I also believe LR is an asset to the Porsche world. I have purchased from them before and will in the future. That said.
No vendor should expect people to automatically know the engineering behind a product. There are many novice owners that need to be educated with aftermarket products. Especially if there is no prior experience with them. A good vendor should be up to the task of filling in the details to a novice and not automatically assume that all end users are of equal competency.
Old 07-30-2012, 11:51 PM
LRTRACI
3rd Gear

I completely agree that LR probably just so happened to be the 'catch all' in this instance. I also agree that we needed to explain the problem & solution (which we did, in detail) I would never expect anyone (customer or not) to understand it without explanation. That in itself would most definitely be unprofessional.

With that being said, I (traci, not speaking for LR) feel like we fulfilled our duty as a business calling to let him know we made a mistake & trying to correct it. I feel like this has probably gone as far as explanation can go. I truly hope he gets his 951 figured out! I agree every one has bad days etc. Me included! Nobody is perfect.

U guys r all a pleasure to work with & it does the soul good to hear positive feedback from time to time

-thanks for the compliment on my hair Patrick

-happy late bday Jason

-Clifton, Eric, Bill, Chris (& any1 else I missed, I don't recognize all the screen names lol) thanks for all the positive feed back! It is really much appreciated!! Hope u all have a good night (or day)

-traci-
Old 07-31-2012, 12:04 AM
Tom M'Guinn

Rennlist Member

Received 533 Likes on 287 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike Lindsey

We have never seen a flywheel bolt break off unless improperly torqued. Yes, you really are the only person we have ever seen that happen to. Yes, that's the only flywheel bolt we have ever replaced.

Mike, while carefully avoiding the LindseyGate 2012 issue I would ask why vendors seems to be selling those torx bolts instead of the factory triple squares? Seems like some supplier is just trying to save a few bucks, causing folks to mix and match, hunt down unexpected tools, etc. Hopefully vendors are at least describing the bolts accurately at the time of sale -- it always bothers me to get a variant part like that when ordering. Seems like everytime someone substitutes a part like that, someone eventually comes across a reason why it's a bad idea. Not knocking you -- still a happy customer -- just curious about what's up with those bolts.
Old 07-31-2012, 12:20 AM
teamcrossworks
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Mike Lindsey
Chris,

Every once in a while we have to tell our side of the story...like to purchase again from us once you realize how silly this really is, you're welcome to.

Good luck and we hope you enjoy your 951.
A very clear and honest response as to what transpired...I would be extremely happy if every business I dealt with was as sincere. Thanks Mike.
Old 07-31-2012, 12:53 AM
Black51
Three Wheelin'

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Just putting my 2 cents...

I've ordered several products from LR, and have no complaints. All I can honestly say about LR is that they are a solid supplier of 951 parts. For me, products I order from them are the fastest to arrive at my door out of any 951 parts supplier from the US. Not sure why, just telling it how it is.

When I phone regarding a purchase or an inquiry, Traci answers within 2 rings, EVERY time. I've spoken to Dave multiple times, and he is direct. That's exactly how a vendor should be; direct about their products.

I'm not saying all this in an attempt to pump LR up, or implying LR or nothing for me. I'm simply stating my experience with this vendor.

But to the OP, just because you had a one-off bad experience with LR, was it really necessary to go ranting on RL about your troubles that no one cares about? Really? C'mon...

PS, woah, Traci is a hottie!
Old 07-31-2012, 01:12 AM
s14kev
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Kind of silly. All this over a bolt and $20...

Lindsey racing is my go to for parts. They ship quickly and Dave is always available for advice on the phone. Anyone in the automotive business knows parts mix ups, parts that don't fit or are not as expected is a common occurrance with the multitude of variations in cars. Just today I called LR about a muffler replacement pipe I purchased that was too short. Dave promptly grabbed one of his MRP's off the shelf and measuring tape and realized that the batch he just had made up were shorter than expected. The correct length MRP is now in production and will be on its way soon. No arguing, no suggestions about how I could "try" to make it fit. Just a straight to the point answer that yes they are shorter than expected and yes they will fix the the problem. Service can't be better than that. Dave, Mike and Traci do an excellent job.

Any business that is doing well must have decent ethics. If any customer really believes Lindsey racing would try to screw a customer over $20 and a bolt then its probably not worth trying to reason with such a customer since their logic is so flawed anyway.
Old 07-31-2012, 01:40 AM
TurboTommy
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would marry Traci
So, what do ya say, Traci; do you want me to send you some pics? With car, without?

Quick Reply: LR loses another customer