Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

throttle problem please help

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2012, 11:25 PM
Tom M'Guinn

Rennlist Member

Received 533 Likes on 287 Posts

Originally Posted by JBrown
@ tom never at part throttle or even at 3/4 throttle @ blown44- wouldint full throttle be a high load even if the car is not going any were lol
Not really. The AFM/MAF signal would be higher at 3/4 throttle in fifth gear under boost then at full throttle in the driveway...
Old 03-04-2012, 11:46 PM
JBrown
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok well in 5th gear at 3/4 throttle i have no problem i have tryed it before
Old 03-04-2012, 11:47 PM
JBrown
Rennlist Member

so i should change my DME i have an extra one from MAX951 wich i got from LR
Old 03-04-2012, 11:50 PM
blown 944
Race Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom M'Guinn
Speed/reference sensors always a possibility, along with grounds. Since it happens whenever floored, regardless of load (or lack thereof) seems like it is not particularly related to the AFM/MAF voltage range... no? Wonder if something is going on with the WOT map/circuitry inside the DME?

I have a suspicion that it's not related to tps or even mapping at all. My reasoning is that he had similar issues with two different setups. One of which I know doesn't really use the tps for load as much as it does flow and pressure (rogue). It could be stuck in an idle switch condition but considering the various conditions present I don't think that's the case.

I have a feeling it is a situation where fuel is lacking, either from incorrect maf/afm signal or fuel pressure or injector issues.
Old 03-04-2012, 11:51 PM
Tom M'Guinn

Rennlist Member

Received 533 Likes on 287 Posts

Originally Posted by JBrown
so i should change my DME i have an extra one from MAX951 wich i got from LR
When I said to try changing the DME and KLR, I meant the computer boxes themselves, not just the chips. Have you tried new boxes?
Old 03-04-2012, 11:58 PM
blown 944
Race Car

I'd try to pinpoint the basics first to narrow it down.

Afm/maf voltage
Fuel pressure
Bypass the klr
Smoke test

To start
Old 03-05-2012, 12:01 AM
JBrown
Rennlist Member

i had my FP checked when i went for my dyno tune all was fine they said my car was healthy but ill see if i can get a hold of other DME or KLR boxes... @blown944 why a smoke test ?.. vacume leak?
Old 03-05-2012, 12:05 AM
JBrown
Rennlist Member

i know fuel pressure is not an issue.
Old 03-05-2012, 12:14 AM
blown 944
Race Car

Yes, anything that could be related to improper maf signal.

I understand that your fp may have been fine on the dyno. However, if these symptoms weren't present it would not have showed up then. Being able to watch fp while this problem is occurring is what I'm getting at.

The reality is you can pinpoint many issues having a fp gauge installed. This along with using a logging system , such as a zietronix, can narrow things down in a hurry. Especially if you log maf voltage. I had an issue where my car was running rough at idle and part throttle but would clean up in the higher rpms and pinpointed it as soon as I saw the idle maf voltage was 1.3v rather than the usual .7ish. Also diagnosed a blown fuel pump fuse by seeing no fp all while seeing tach bounce. Also diagnosed injector wiring by having all the data in front of me... I could go on and on.

I have had many cases where just by looking at the fp I can determine a fuel problem or ignition problem immediately. Thee are many variables but having some immediate data really helps in these cases.
Old 03-05-2012, 12:25 AM
JBrown
Rennlist Member

yeah i understand you and i do not have a MAF still stock air box. im ordering some gauges on tues a wideban and now a FP so hopfully this will help me out and when they ran the car on dyno it did not occur wich was weiord
Old 03-07-2012, 11:01 PM
JBrown
Rennlist Member

ok so im not 100% sure i fixed it but i drove the car all day today no issue also my temp gauge was all ways in the red zone and i know my car was not runnign hot (tempture gun) i changed the coolant thermosat and the gauge cluster also checked the wireing it was all fine the gauge would still sit high.. i noticed when i would just go into the red zone on the temp gauge my car would act up but when it was below it, she drives drive so i came to a theory that when my gauge is in the red i have the throttle problem (i know it sounds stupid). to early today at my shop i cleaned some grounds on the back of the engine one 2 and replaced one ground wire and new ends. also my temp gauge would go up when i put my lights on and turn my music up (had an older post about it all). long story short after i redid some of the grounds im going to do more tomorrow, my tempure gauge does not go in the red zone sits at the middle to top bar and does not react to turning lights on, or even my defroster, so i drove her to school about a 45 min ride there and another 45 mins back temp gauge was looking better then ever i got on it a cupple times and it looks like i fixed my throttle issue.. so it was the GROUNDS as of right now she is ok. the issue i had would happen every day all the time did not do it one drove PERFECT. so im going to clean and redo some more grounds and see if that drops my temp gauge some more wich it prob will... is that not weiord that when my car temp gauge is in the red zone the car will not go underfull throttle.
Old 03-08-2012, 12:37 AM
shortyboy
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 25 Posts

Make sure the cooling system is properly bled.if there are hot air pockets near your temp sensor,it would show an over heat condition/red on gauge.i bought a pressurized coolant bleeder from sears for $60.
Old 03-08-2012, 01:52 PM
JBrown
Rennlist Member

i bled it many times before so i know that is not an issue, it is the grounds are dirty and the wire is 22 years old and very brital. so one i finish my grounds should be

Quick Reply: throttle problem please help