Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Hose size to wastegate ???

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2003, 11:37 AM
awilson40
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Hose size to wastegate ???

I want to connect my ReliaBoost directly to the wastegate ,bypassing the CV.
Will 1/4 fuel injection hose work?
Old 03-11-2003, 12:45 PM
Jason_86_951
Drifting

I tried using that same type off hose to replace a few hoses under the manifold, it's a little too big, it will work but....
I ended up ordering 2 of the CV to wastegate hoses, used one for its actual purpose and cut up the other to use elseware. Its really heavy duty hose and its the right size.
HTH
Jason
Old 03-11-2003, 01:20 PM
toddk911
Drive-by provocation guy
Rennlist Member

How do you bypass the cv??
Old 03-11-2003, 02:22 PM
awilson40
Three Wheelin'

Do you happen to have a piece that you can measure the ID??
You connect the boost controller from the banjo directly to the wastegate and remove the line running from the CV to the J Boot and plug the hole in the J Boot. I see you have an LBE...You shouldnt use an LBE this way because it can cause boost spikes.
Old 03-11-2003, 04:41 PM
Jake951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Originally posted by toddk911:
<strong>How do you bypass the cv??</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">1. Trace the hose from the banjo bolt to the small hard pipe that goes under the front of the intake manifold. Disconnect the hose from the pipe. Bypassing the CV involves routing that hose connection directly to the wastegate instead of the CV. The small pipe at the end of the hose goes to the CV, which is under the back side of the intake manifold.

2. Once you locate the CV, you'll see two other hoses connected to the CV--one that drops down to the wastegate and the other that goes to the intake boot. At the CV, disconnect the hose going to the wastegate.

3. At this point you can insert a fitting to join the hose you disconnected in step 2 to the hose you disconnected in step 1. This now connects the banjo bolt directly to the wastegate. Better yet, you can replace that whole hose length with a new single piece of hose, although you will have to get under the car to remove the old hose from the wastegate. I found this hard to do without removing the wastegate from the car because there's very little room to work down there.

4. The remaining hose going from the CV to the intake boot should be plugged. You can do this at the boot without removing the hose from the CV.

This procedure is also described with photos on the Lindsey Racing Web site (http://www.lindseyracing.com/). Follow the "944 store" link and then look for wastegate installation instructions under one of the "wastegate" links.
Old 03-11-2003, 05:11 PM
toddk911
Drive-by provocation guy
Rennlist Member

ok, thanks
Old 04-03-2003, 11:59 AM
sm
Drifting

Received 66 Likes on 56 Posts
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Originally posted by Jake951:
<strong> At this point you can insert a fitting to join the hose you disconnected in step 2 to the hose you disconnected in step 1. This now connects the banjo bolt directly to the wastegate. Better yet, you can replace that whole hose length with a new single piece of hose, although you will have to get under the car to remove the old hose from the wastegate. I found this hard to do without removing the wastegate from the car because there's very little room to work down there.

4. The remaining hose going from the CV to the intake boot should be plugged. You can do this at the boot without removing the hose from the CV.

</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Jake951,

Can you just place the Reliaboost in the same area as the CV (or attach it to the firewall) and then connect the hose coming from the wastegate to one end of the Reliaboost? Then maybe you could get another length of hose that leads directly from the banjo bolt on the IC pipe to the other end of the Reliaboost?

Would there be any pitfalls to this? Heat, hose length affecting boost pressures, etc.?

As for plugging the boot (#4), do you just pull the hose out of the boot and leave it dangling while the boot gets plugged up?
Old 04-03-2003, 12:55 PM
DangerIsland
Burning Brakes

Putting the RB back there would work, although it wouldn't be quite as accesible for changing the settings. if you moved it back and up to the firewall, that would work great though.

since the hose from the boot was going to the CV, and the CV is likely gone, I would pull out the hoses from either end (intake to metal tube, metal tube to CV). The fewer hoses, the better.
Old 04-03-2003, 02:23 PM
Jake951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Originally posted by DangerIsland:
<strong>I would pull out the hoses from either end (intake to metal tube, metal tube to CV). </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">I pulled the hose off the metal tube near the front of the intake manifold, stuffed a bolt into the open end of the hose to plug it, and secured it with a hose clamp.
Old 04-03-2003, 03:42 PM
Perry 951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 69 Likes on 53 Posts
That line should be 3.5mm ID silicone or high heat line. Fuel line will brittle and crack in short order from the heat of the exhaust.

Quick Reply: Hose size to wastegate ???