Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Link EFI and a Who's who

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2003, 03:47 AM
PerformanceDevelopments
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Link EFI and a Who's who

First off, I would like thank all who have purchased our products thro' some of the tuners. We thank you for you support and custom.

Link Electro Systems manufactures many different types of Engine Management systems and signal conditioners. We are not the only ones, and feel that more companies offering products helps us keep on our toes to be better, and that end users should buy products based upon their value and ability, not because its the only one available.

Our AFM, and Intercept units have shown new signs of shelf life, thanks to certain tuners. Again, thank you. I hope that customers are happy with t workings. The AFM is a very complicated piece of equipment, much more than the workings of a EFI system. It is to be used for what it is, not as a alternative to Engine Management.

Certain tuners have expressed interest in our 2 types of Engine Management, Link 1 & 2. They are both different in their abilities. This is the second reason for my post. I have been reading the posts regarding who's offering these products.

Link Electro Systems USA currently supplies Koklen Racing Products, Guru Racing, Huntley, and Speed Force Racing. We offer the same products and support to all, with the exception of one product. We recommend to all that its the added value and support offered by tuners that makes the difference. We do not know every car and application as well as tuners do, and we cannot offer the "on the spot" service they can. The price to the end user would be the same and sometimes they offer discounts on their labor I understand.

We have recently written software for the 944T to allow the Link 1 & 2 to be triggered from the stock sensors. We made up a prototype harness to allow us to test our software on a car loaned to us by Guru. Thank you Dan and Travis. We will make these systems available to all of the above tuners and any other tuner who wishes to use our systems. We encourage the end user to go to the tuner who offers the most and who has the best customer service.

The AFM is a very good solution to those who have done limited upgrades the their engine. Intake System, Exhaust etc. For those who wish to do more involved modifications, Head work, Cams etc., the Link 1 & 2 should be considered. We suggest you discuss the options for each with your tuner of choice. For those who are keeping the Distributor, and wish for Boost Control, and group Injection, the Link 1 will suffice. For those wishing to use multi coil setups and even full sequential setups, then the Link 2 is required. I suggest here as to not use this as a sales pitch, that customers look at alternative systems for similar offerings.

We have developed other products which have been offered here also. Many other EFI manufacturers offer similar products and support, some even better I'm sure. Our goal is to support the tuners with product which offers them good solutions.

I hope this clears up any misunderstanding of who can offer or buy our products and who was first. Every tuner, trade shop, or even retail customer can and no particular tuner was first. We just feel honored that certain tuners have chosen some of our products to help them offer you solutions. Thank you all.

Neil Harvey
Link Electro Systems USA
Old 01-05-2003, 10:28 AM
Alan C.
Rennlist Member

Received 1,042 Likes on 535 Posts
I spoke with Neil last year prior to installing my system. He was always willing to spend time explaining the Link system. At that time there wasn't anyone supplying support for the 951 and I ended up with a Tec3. However, Neil did tell me that they hoped to have a system for the 951 by years end. It appears he was true to his word!

Today I would give the Link a much harder look. It appears to be a good value. And with several people supporting it the support issue is dead in my opinion.

If any of you haven't taken the time to look at their manual you should. It gives a good explanation of the product.

Obviously not associated, I ended up with a Tec3, just very impressed with Neils customer support.

Alan
Old 01-05-2003, 11:58 AM
tazman
Three Wheelin'

Neil do you have any idea nwhen the Link2 will be released with the 944T harness?
Old 01-05-2003, 01:27 PM
OZ951
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Given the increased interest in the Link boxes is there any chance that the PC link software wil be made compatible with the PC Link MAP system (AFM replacement) ?
Old 01-05-2003, 01:52 PM
superjet.1
Pro

Neil thanks for all your help youve been a big part in GURURACINGS start. We should have the link 1 plug and play ready this month getting real fired up!!! This year GURU will be offering some real awesome 951 specific goodies stay tuned !!! Thanks again Neil.
Old 01-05-2003, 01:53 PM
Luke
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You ruined the page with your huge *** name
Old 01-05-2003, 02:13 PM
Alan C.
Rennlist Member

Received 1,042 Likes on 535 Posts
tsk tsk
Old 01-05-2003, 02:28 PM
PerformanceDevelopments
Intermediate

Sorry for the page problem/name length. I'll have that changed, but in my defense, I'll try to be better at electronic solutions for you than making your page appear right. Sorry for that.

As for the questions raised here. If there was enough demand we would look at something for the AFM. We have been very busy getting other products ready. It may take a totalling different software package, but I'll ask our engineering dept., if something could happen. Its needed I know, and with further demand for the AFM, we will certainly look at all areas of the AFM product. The customer drives the bus here as far as we are concerned.

We do have the Link 2 ready with a prototype harness. We are awaiting a total tune with the Link 1 to be sure of the triggering. We feel confident about everything, but we wish to support the tuners here, who in turn will make your application alot easler. Please direct your demands to Dan and Travis @ Guru, Rob @ Koklen, Derrick @ Huntley or Tim @ Speed Force, or if you wish to wire yourself, you can call us direct or have your tuner of choice do so.

Thanks for the business.

Neil Harvey
Old 01-05-2003, 03:21 PM
tazman
Three Wheelin'

I'm not trying to go around anybody just tying to be patiently waiting! I'm sure Danno is tired of me allready.
Old 01-05-2003, 03:25 PM
BoostGuy951
Three Wheelin'

Ok Guys,

Who is going to offer it the cheapest?

Also, Will Guru be the only tuner to offer pre-programmed fuel and ignition maps?
Old 01-05-2003, 03:50 PM
Ski
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I don't mean to post a question that I may have missed in reading but with the new harness, Link 2, is this going to do away with the DME and KLR or will it piggyback?

As far as cutomer support goes, I know Tim has it but I must give a great thanks here to Danno and Travis. My car has never run better,,although it could run a bit less lean at higher rpms...as I await my new 55# injectors and slightly modified DME GURU chip. With the WBO2, it has been possible to tell Danno what the car is doing so he has prepared the correction - THANKS! The customer support at GURU has been Outstanding. BTW, the Tech Edge Wide Band is GREAT!

Superjet - if I can get those other 2 owners to committ to MAP, your coming to see your Grandmother! LOL!! Keep you advised!
Old 01-05-2003, 05:20 PM
tazman
Three Wheelin'

The Link1 & Link2 both do away with the DME & KLR. As far as I know Guru is offering the Link1 that plugs into the factory wiring and they are offering one with a new harness. I don't know what they will offer for the Link2.
Old 01-05-2003, 09:01 PM
Huntley Racing
Racer

Even though the listed tuners will be offering these systems, they will not be the same. Some will be pre-tuned, some will not. Most will have the basic distributor fire from LINK. What Huntley brings to the table is competitive pricing, in-house pre-tuning (using our endless access to our dyno), Custom made accessories like carbon fiber coil mounts, efi mounts, custom harnesses not available from LINK, many coil firing options to suit the customer, and the most experience with the 944 cars out there.

Here is the link to our EFI page showing a LINK EFI installed in a customers race car:

<a href="http://www.archcartpro.com/users/dkhajavi/HR-EFI.html" target="_blank">Huntley EFI</a>
Old 01-05-2003, 09:14 PM
shaheed
Three Wheelin'

where's the link to pricing?
Old 01-07-2003, 01:44 AM
Danno
Race Director

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
"I don't mean to post a question that I may have missed in reading but with the new harness, Link 2, is this going to do away with the DME and KLR or will it piggyback? "

Bret, just to clear this up. Neither Link-1 or Link-2 EFI systems are piggyback units. They completely replace all of the engine-management functions of the DME & KLR boxes.

The plug&play Link-1 unit we'll be selling will plug directly into the DME connector. Just unplug the DME, then plug in our Link-1 box and that's it! You can even dump the KLR, or keep it to drive the boost-gauge on the dash.

The Link-2 boxes will be using a replacement harness. There are additional output and input lines that doesn't exist in the stock harness. So the only way to get all of the Link-2's additional features is to use a new harness. You can chose to leave the DME/KLR boxes in place or remove them, doesn't matter.

Quick Reply: Link EFI and a Who's who