Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Silver Rose Turbo S upholstery

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2002, 02:28 PM
drsimon
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Silver Rose Turbo S upholstery

The previous owner of my Turbo S replaced the burgundy plaid cloth upholstery which was unique for the Silver Rose edition with leather. I want to restore it back to original for Concours participation. I have tried to source the original cloth upholstery from numerous places including Porsche factory but has been unsuccessful. Anyone out there knows anyone who may have it?
Old 03-01-2002, 03:03 PM
Eric
Addict
Rennlist Member

Simon,

You may have an easier time finding bits from a parts "Silver Rose". I know of a guy locally with a nice Silver Rose and when his seat bolster wore out, he couldn't find the mat. to match(like you), so he had the wear portions of the bolsters covered in plain Burg. cloth. You might want to contact a dismantler(partsheaven. Ian's, etc) leave word on what you are looking for, and then they can contact YOU when/if they get a wrecked Silver Rose.
Old 03-01-2002, 05:48 PM
jason952
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts
My burg. plaid seats wore out and i replaced the bolsters with the best suede I could find, <a href="http://www.spinneybeck.com" target="_blank">www.spinneybeck.com</a> Much grippier now.

It looks great, only the drivers outside bolster was worn out, so I have three other lower seat bolsters you could play with. They may be too small for what you need. Which part are you recovering.

I worked for several weeks calling and trying to find the cloth, but it seems to have dried up. I once saw a door panel on ebay and almost bought it to use for the seats, but didn't. Incidentally, my door panels are just burg. vinyl, I guess this was an option back then.

Jason

<a href="http://forums.rennlist.com/scripts/rennforums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=18&t=000561" target="_blank">My Pics are on this thread!!</a>
Old 03-01-2002, 06:13 PM
Luke
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Did the plaid Scheme even make to a set of Sport seats? cause' that's what I want!!!
Old 03-01-2002, 06:50 PM
jason952
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts
I guess that was optional, probably even harder to find. the cloth is not nearly as tough as leather or suede, I am a big fan of suede now, so pimp
Old 03-01-2002, 06:55 PM
Luke
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
dont personally care for suede wheels but I love it everywhere else!
Old 03-02-2002, 03:23 AM
drsimon
Intermediate

Jason

The previous owner removed the plaid cloth from the lower seat and side bolsters and head rests of both seats. Those are the areas I hope to re-cover. Perhaps I can take whatever you have and hope to collect more bits and pieces whenever they become available. How much do you want for your 3 pieces? You can e-mail me personally at drsimon@tm.net.my. Thanks.

I saw the pictures of your seats - they still look very good! If you are ever foolish enough to want to "upgrade" them to Recaros or whatever, please e-mail me and I'll send you a check for them immediately.

Quick Reply: Silver Rose Turbo S upholstery