Unichip

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2002, 10:18 PM
Ski
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Post Unichip

Does anybody have or know of anyone who has used this software and hardware? Basically you reprogram the chips in your factory computers while makeing dyno runs. I talked to a distributor outside of Dallas TX and he reported very good luck using this, in conjunction with a dyno and wide band O2 sensor to get good fuel maps and timinig on 951s and 911s, 993, etc. Just curious......

<a href="http://www.racersgroup.com/theprogram_unichip.html" target="_blank">www.racersgroup.com/theprogram_unichip.html</a>
Old 02-27-2002, 12:58 AM
SoloRacer
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
I believe this is also referred to as "the PROgram". I inquired about it a while ago and it sounds like a decent system. It's not as powerful as a stand alone such as the TEC III but I do like the fact it leaves the stock wiring etc. in place. I'm glad you posted that link as I found a dealer close to where I live. I'm going to have to check it out now. I'm not certain as to how the system is programmed but I have been told that you have to keep going back to the vendor to get changes made. I'm going to investigate further.
Old 02-27-2002, 08:15 AM
Ski
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey it looks like belz and myself posted similar questions..LOL.

The tuner I talked to stated for associated cost of this was $650-800, depending on dyno time.

I think, not sure, your left with a small 2 "pot" device that you can slightly change your own fuel timing but in very small increments. If you make big changes, such as new turbo or injectors from what you tuned with, to get optimal air/fuel ratios, yes you will have to retune. You won't have to pay the initial cost of of hardware just dyno time and a small reprogram fee.

It was just a way to get more optimal results I think rather than sending your dyno run, air/fuel ratios, and boost pressure to a chip tuner, then get back a set of chips,,back to the dyno,,were they correct or better? And yes this was the PROgram, they renamed it here in the states so that it would be the same all over North America.

If I have the funds left over after the rebuild I think I'll get it done the next month. I also just found out a shop in Little Rock AR, does have a wideband O2 sensor with their dyno. So maybe I can keep on eye on it every so often.

Quick Reply: Unichip