FS: 1987 944 Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2011, 07:51 PM
dganapol
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FS: 1987 944 Turbo

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to give members of the list first shot at my car. I have been a member for a long time. According to what I have looked at the car will go anywhere from $6500 to $8500. Just the sunroof alone is worth $1k. Let me know what you think.

Here is what it is:

148k miles on car, the engine was rebuilt including new clutch by me at 136k in 2005 and I have
all of the receipts, I am just not using it much and now have other interests, a 2011 Street Glide CVO.

It has the following options:

1. Front and rear weltmister swaybars.
2. Koni front and rear shocks with adjustable camber plates and 200 lbs springs.
3. Weltmister chip.
4. It was repainted by the previous owner same color as from the factory
"maraschino". It has a few flaws at the windows, but overall a good job.
5.Saratoga glass sunroof + factory sunroof
6. Full set factory service manuals including turbo supplement
7. Bra
8. car cover.
9. Smogged and licensed for 2012
10. Low mileage tires. 225/50 16 front 245/45 16 rear (rear has 3/4" spacers)
factory rims
11. Optima battery
12. Brembo brakes with drilled rotors all corners.
13. “A” arms rebuilt during engine rebuild
14. Lindsey racing modified exhaust turbo down pipe.
15. Lindsey Racing head is the rebuilder.
16. Lindsay racing venturi delete installed and all new vac lines.
17. Driver side boost gauge and AFM meter.
18. A/C lines rebuilt and still R12. (I am licensed for R12)
Probably more stuff just can’t remember.

Here are the issues:
1. Windshield has a crack.
2. Dash has a few cracks at the defroster openings, but has dash cover
3. Radio working but not great
4. Driver seat has a minor tear at the stitching but I put on seat covers
5. Cruise control does not work.

The car runs strong and can keep up with almost everything out there. I am located in Scotts Valley, CA. Let me know if you want to see it.

I can send picture when requested.

I have priced the car to sell. With the saving you can fix everything and still have money left over. Send me an email and we can discuss.

David
Scotts Valley, Ca.

David_ganapol@rocketmail.com
Old 09-18-2011, 10:26 PM
slap929
Pro

You have to be a member to post things for sale... A moderator will come and take this down if you do not buy a membership. Good luck with the sale and go ahead and add some pictures.
Old 09-18-2011, 10:48 PM
User 41221
Banned

Received 172 Likes on 107 Posts

David has been a LONG LONG LONG time 951 owner, and used to participate in some of the first infamous get togethers that inclued early Porsche internet forum pioneers such as John Pohl, Jim Dimas, Jim Cooper. He's one of the good guys, and as nice a person as you could ever hope to meet. Its a shame to see him selling this car.

I understand the rules and that if the mods cut one guy some slack, then everyone wants it, but this will be a nice car for whomever buys it, so I hope it gets snapped up before the mods have to take action.

David, shoot me a pm.
Old 09-18-2011, 11:21 PM
dganapol
Intermediate

HEY!!

Thanks for the kind words! Those names bring back a lots of memories. I still see Jim D. every few months. He is still driving his 968 and still loves it. In all fairness I have received a lot of information from this list and I never did "step up" to be a member, so I just joined officially. I have been on this list from the start and also "Porschelist" I still have the "Porschelist" hat and shirt. I remember the get togethers also and the famous "Cooper Cup" to which I tried to aquire, but I could never beat Jim Cooper for it.

As far as the car I have done everything I wanted to do. After the rebuild I purchase a stealth MAF and it worked great, but two years later it would not smog as it was not stealth enough and would not pass visual, "welcome to California". Engine is now back to stock and passes fine.

I had fun with it, now it is time for someone else to enjoy it. It has tons of life left and it should be driven more.

Best Regards,
david 951 burg
Old 09-18-2011, 11:27 PM
User 41221
Banned

Received 172 Likes on 107 Posts

Tell Jim I said "howdy!" I am long overdue for a trip out there, maybe I'll bring one of my Harleys next time and we can go riding instead.

GLWS!

Quick Reply: FS: 1987 944 Turbo