Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

throttle problem please help

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2012, 03:49 PM
JBrown
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default throttle problem please help

ok I posted this before i have a video I will attach showing the problem. The issue is when I put the throddle to the floor no responce it does not even try to accelerate its as if im not pressing the gas, but if I let off it slighy it will accelerate. If im not in gear and push the gas to the floor the RPMS will go up to 2k drop down and go back to 2K sounding like i have cams. This problem happens once in a while well every day but not all the time while driving, could this be my TPS on its way out ?

Last edited by JBrown; 03-03-2012 at 10:41 PM.
Old 02-25-2012, 04:04 PM
JBrown
Rennlist Member

here is a video of the problem
Old 02-25-2012, 07:44 PM
JBrown
Rennlist Member

ok so i changed my TPS with a used one , it does the same thing so i know its not my TPS what else can it be its starting to become very common that my car sits at idle when i put the gas to the floor but when i let off alittle it starts to go ... so when i was at a light i tuned my car off for 5 seconds and back on and it worked fine i put the petal to the floor and it went then about 20 seconds later it went back and did it again.... PLEASE HELP
Old 02-25-2012, 08:09 PM
Tom M'Guinn

Rennlist Member

Received 533 Likes on 287 Posts

Unusual problem you have there. Is your car stock? Do you have a wideband, and if so, what does it say when the pedal is to the floor and the motor is running at 3k? If the throttle is physically opening all the way (is it?) it's curious how it could hold 3k rpms. Does it get very lumpy as if perhaps some cylinders are not firing?
Old 02-25-2012, 09:06 PM
quinnfiske
Pro

Just a wild guess here. Could it be the flapper thing in the air flow meter? Take the top cover off of the air box, remove the filter and see if the flapper operates smoothly. If it is sticky the ECU would not see the increased air that you are trying to add to the engine.
Old 02-25-2012, 09:20 PM
JBrown
Rennlist Member

talked to josh at rouge he has helped me out thanks guys
Old 02-28-2012, 12:37 AM
zerMATT951
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Um... you should post the resolution so that if someone ever searches and finds this thread that it might help them with a similar problem. It's one of the features that makes a forum like this beneficial to many for years to come.

Old 02-29-2012, 01:26 PM
JBrown
Rennlist Member

well he said my map senor was hitting map protection due to the cooler air
Old 03-03-2012, 10:40 PM
JBrown
Rennlist Member

ok this did not fix my problem plz help i removed the map sensor to make sure and it did it tonight ... also some times m throttle is un responise while on the high way it will sort of buck for a second. my engine was rebult under 10k ago what could this be i just changed spark plugs and TPS
Old 03-03-2012, 10:56 PM
Bri Bro
Addict
Rennlist Member

Go back to stock setup and see if the problem persists.
Old 03-03-2012, 11:01 PM
JBrown
Rennlist Member

the problem has never happen with my setup i have this setup for about a year now and it recently started
Old 03-03-2012, 11:07 PM
Bri Bro
Addict
Rennlist Member

The stock setup eliminate all the MAP equipment. That way you can make a educated guess on where to look next. This is what I have done when I run into strange running conditions.

If you have a data logger, you could look at the MAF voltage and RPMs vs the injector pulse width to see what changes when this occurs.
Old 03-03-2012, 11:13 PM
JBrown
Rennlist Member

i do not have the MAP equipment in any more i have different chips too
Old 03-03-2012, 11:15 PM
zerMATT951
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by JBrown
the problem has never happen with my setup i have this setup for about a year now and it recently started
You haven't had M-Tune for a year, so I would start there. You could have a wiring problem at the airflow meter connector just from moving things around to install the new MAF. You could also have an IC hose coming off, or some other odd problem with air flow after the MAF.

I was going to say that the example video you posted looks NOTHING like the boost cut issue related to M-Tune, low elevation, and cold temps, but I figured you talked to Joshua and determined a new set of symptoms for the problem... that is nowhere near how my car was acting with that problem, and Joshua's new chip a couple of months ago made the problem go away immediately. The low elevation / cold temp issue does not allow ANY boost, your video shows at least 1.5 bar before the problem starts. Look at your IC pipe couplers first... very closely.
Old 03-03-2012, 11:19 PM
JBrown
Rennlist Member

i dont even have an M tune or even owned oned i had an A tune... i had the A tune wich is just the map sensor and it worked fine for a while after installation about a few months later i have this

Quick Reply: throttle problem please help