Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Vacuum Lines

Old 08-25-2011, 02:24 PM
fwb42
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Vacuum Lines

So after purchasing the Lindsey vac lines a couple of years ago, I'm ready to put em on. So that I have everything on hand when I do this,what gaskets, other than intake manifold gaskets will I need? I will also do the venturi delete at this time.
Fred
Old 08-25-2011, 02:31 PM
Scott H
Three Wheelin'

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

That's really it, no other gaskets are removed when doing this job unless you want to do some more stuff "while you're in there." I guess you could replace the 8 O-Rings on the fuel injectors and do a TB rebuild at the same time, that should replace most of the sealing rubber that gets old and breaks down over time.
Old 08-25-2011, 02:32 PM
Crackership
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Intake manifold gaskets should be it... it would be a good time to rebuild your TB also, in the interest of fixing all vacuum leaks. Do you have new AOS hoses as well? Otherwise, if you're willing to dig in far enough, AOS seals usually leak (but they're a PITA), and, while you're at it, a new oil fill o-ring wouldn't hurt. Also, take a look at your injector o-rings. They're cheap, but a bad one can cost you LOTS of money . It's also wise to carefully inspect your fuel lines, including the one from the damper to the rail for signs of age, cracking, bulging, etc..

On the one hand, it's a nice thought to just pull it apart once and fix everything. On the other hand, the "while I'm at it" bug can easily eat all your money and keep your car on stands for years...

Good luck!
Old 08-25-2011, 02:46 PM
Scott H
Three Wheelin'

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Oh right, and if you're still using the stock CV you'll need to buy some 5'16" fuel line from Autozone for the boost lines.

Check out this tutorial, it has a lot of tips for doing the whole vacuum system repair: http://www.texasblake.com/porsche/tech/vacuum.html
Old 08-25-2011, 03:54 PM
fwb42
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks guys. As always Rennlist comes thru.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Vacuum Lines