Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2003, 04:50 AM
fast951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts

The PiggyBack helps you tune your car. It massages signals IN/OUT of the DME/KLR. If your chips are way off and not close to the setup you have, then it'll be very time consuming and expensive to tune the car. It's always better to get chips that are tuned to match a configuration close to what you have. This is why a performance upgrade in a kit form is very nice.

The PB we offer is mainly to be used with our kits. We spent the time, effort and $$$ to get it working on the 951. However, development does not stop there. We are always working on new products to take advantage of the hardware (PiggyBack) you already have. As of today some of the projects we are working on, and some will be released soon:
* Water injection based on RPM/LOAD/BOOST
* Boost Control
* Timing Control
* Shift/Warning light
* Few more projects that I'll discuss soon...

As always, customers get the best prices.. We negotiate the best prices from our suppliers and we pass along the savings to our customers.. We try our best not to offer the same product that other respected tuners sell..

Our customers get honest no BS advice. Most of the time I catch myself talking them out of buying parts that does them no good but will empty their pocket (yes, I will make money by selling it to them, but money is not the main goal). Many times I lend them parts off of my personal car to verify a possible problem.

Our chips get upgraded, customers that benefit from the upgrade get the new chips for free (they don't even ask, I let them know). Even people that purchased our kits 2 years ago...
Nothing is perfect, I'm always trying to make things better. I share the findings with customers..

It may not be a good business plan, however I started Vitesse out of passion. I got sick of the BS out there and all the bad stuff that 951 owners get stuck with. If making money was my only goal, tuning 951s is surely not the place to make it happen (not a complaint just a fact).

If you want to get the development kit and do the work yourself, that's fine. Will be glad to sell it to you... But you will be missing out on the R&D that is being done...

At the moment we offer chips for our kits. Any other configuration will be a custom chip.

If your car is in stock form, I would recommend getting the Guru chips, and you may not need a PB at all. I have not tried the GURU chips, however with the information I have, I think they are of good quality.
Old 07-17-2003, 07:22 AM
fast951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts

Awilson,

I see that you are trying to get a copy of the SMT6 developer manual for free on the PP forum. What you are doing is wrong!!!

You are not comparing prices, or features!

Such behavior is what cause tuners and vendors not to share information with the rest. And you know what, the 951 community suffers from action such as yours!
Old 07-17-2003, 07:26 AM
awilson40
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey, relax....At the time I thought it was a copy of the latest PDF for the SMT 6...they have the SMT 5 user manual on line for all to see. I didnt know there was both a developers manual and a users manual. All I wanted to know were all the features.
Trust me, I have no intention of ripping off anyones technology.

Update...In fact if you go back to the Power Perfect forum, you will see that I withdrew my request sense you were so kind as to point out the difference. I dont want anyone thinking poorly of me.
BTW...I think it would have been more professional to bring this accusation against me via email instead of in public.

Last edited by awilson40; 07-17-2003 at 09:39 AM.
Old 07-17-2003, 01:38 PM
Konstantin
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

on 16 July he wrote:
"awilson40, it's better if we take this off-line."
so why don't you discuss this with Fast 951 offline as he already sugest to you???

I think the people want to see more teck stuff about the PB etc and not some personal wars. I think fast951 doing a good job and do not know of anyone who is complaining about his kit. I would do exactly the same if someone tried to steal my knowlodge. (not that you wanted to do that but it sounded this way)

everybod ywant to pay less but ther eis nothing for free. the tuners must also get some money otherwise we must spent the time and do everything by our selves.
Who knows if anyone has the time and the skills to do this job right.

Konstantin
Old 07-17-2003, 02:25 PM
pk951
Burning Brakes

IF guys like vitesse were not around doing research and ,development, where would you get your parts ? Probable half baked, a miss match of this, and that. Vitesse is on this site dispensing information for free, now some people want everything for free.
Old 07-17-2003, 04:45 PM
MySwiss
Pro

So well said Pk 951.You can probably make this kit for less, but you will certainly spend many days ,if not weeks trying to get everything together and assembled.Only to find out that you still need to re-tune countless times before actually driving the dam car. In the end you might of saved a few hundred dollars for a kit that might not even come close to a vitesse kit. Take a look at someone with experience,such as Danno ;He still has to re burn chips for customers now and then,cause every car is different and every tuner learns new and better things (thru experimentation) every day.That is why ,to me anyway, it was worth it to buy the kit from Vitesse.As I'V said countless times on other posts,the service you get before and after buying the kit from Vitesse,is why it really is worth every penny,and dollar spend.

Last edited by MySwiss; 07-17-2003 at 05:50 PM.

Quick Reply: Tuning Devices