Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

lindsey MAF install and thoughts

Old 02-12-2002, 03:21 AM
urchin951
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post lindsey MAF install and thoughts

Installed a stage 2 maf this weekend and the performance gains were exactly what I was looking for. Wanted better throttle response at lower rpm and that it does very well. almost feels like a n/a. not sure about max and wot gains but I wasnt concerned with that aspect. for me the turbo has more than enough max hp. Can't wait to take it out to the twisties. more responsive throttle thru the corners will be great.

first impressions (after 2 days) First I was amazed that you just plug it in and turn the key. Car started right up and idled smooth. took it round the block to shake any loose parts out. driving easy off boost the car felt transformed. Its so much easier to navigate parking lots, dips things that make the turbo feel flat at times.

But how does it feel when you get it on? it's another 951 rush. seems like I get one every time I bolt on a new go-fast part. revs quicker, boosts faster always ready to go. The first time I let it boost the whine and blow off noise suprised me. thought my turbo sucked some debris through it. Guess thats the norm. Don't need to look at the boost gauge anymore as I can hear exactly what the turbos is doing. a little loud for me but I like it quiet. oh btw I already had my performance chips before the maf install. so all gains are from the maf and not the chips.

some followup on my prior install post. It was the alternator cover that was in the way of the power tube. Funny how lindsey gives such detailed instructions but overlooked that. Throughout the entire install you tell yourself this is not gonna fit. but it will with a mm or two to spare.
And its gonna take more than two hours no matter what anyone tells you. pulling wires and fitting the electronics took an evening alone.

will post some pics next week after I get the fuchs on

86 951
lindsey maf
sfr dual port wastegate
weltmeister chips
Old 02-12-2002, 05:57 PM
Luke
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
lindsey tells people that it only takes 10 sec. to stretch the tiny blue vaccum line over your banjo bolt too!
It takes 30mins (minimum) just to clean off the banjo bolt and I had to play with her for about an hour to get it to fit. If it's so easy and everybody has the same problem, your banjo bolt should be part of the core charge and they should send the line with a bolt on it!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: lindsey MAF install and thoughts