Might sell her

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2002, 03:05 AM
Carboy
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink Might sell her

Guys,

I'm really considering getting this 95 993 with 30K miles, BBS wheels, GT2 body and in perfect conditon. If I get it I will probably sell my 951 since I don't need 4 cars.

Here's what I'm thinking. It's an 87 with 75K, 17" Kinesis Supercup wheels with charcoal grey powdercoated center and polished lip, red calipers which I believe are S calipers. Interior is tan, engine is stock (though I just took deliver of chips and wastegate shims). The car was orignally blue which I didn't like. I had it custom painted Porsche 2000 Arctic Silver. It has had no accidents and is very solid. The car is truly stunning in person with the wheels, silver paint and red calipers.

I'm thinking 12K with wheels, 10K without Kinesis but with stock wheels. What do you think?

Would you rather have an NSX and 951 (with no car note) or the NSX and 993 with a payment (though not large as I'd put a lot down)?
Old 01-29-2002, 04:13 AM
rage2
Three Wheelin'

I've <a href="http://nsx.beyond.ca" target="_blank">owned an NSX</a>... I poured my life savings into modifying that car and got maybe 20rwhp on the dyno. The car's too low for winter, so I sold it at a pretty big loss about 5 years ago.

Just from my experiences, I'd sell the NSX, get the 993, and build up the 951 =).
Old 01-29-2002, 11:34 AM
keith
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I believe I'd cough up the payment for the 993, regardless. Nice looking car.

Good luck selling your 951. (did you paint the interior/engine compartment as well, or just the exterior?)
Old 01-29-2002, 12:06 PM
Eric
Addict
Rennlist Member

Carboy,

How about maintenance records? I am currently searching for a replacement for my 86, and records are a priority over appearance(although that also matters). Any pics of your car?--the color combo w/ the wheels sounds very appealing.

Eric
Old 01-29-2002, 01:50 PM
Carboy
Advanced

Eric, I have records from the previous owner. I've only done one oil change as I've had it for 2 months. It has a new clutch, all new stuts, S brakes (so I've been told), water pump, and some other stuff done also. It is one of the best 951's out there because I as I mentioned my plan was to start with a solid foundation (which it had as it was mechanically very sound) and give it he appearance I wanted and then get into the motor.

The interior, door jams, under molding, etc have all been painted, so unless you go looking really hard like under the trunk mats you can't tell. The car looks awesome as the job was first rate worth about 4K (that I got for 3K) because I know the owner.

I get almost as many looks in it as I did in my Viper or NSX.
Old 01-29-2002, 09:18 PM
IanM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nice dilemna. I wish I could ponder such things.

Quick Reply: Might sell her