Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Evilbay Unfair, Kokeln Intercooler Pipes wont fit????

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2011, 10:00 PM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The guy is Canadian, yes? He probably speaks French.
As for his bull****, well, he's just proven himself to be an idiot. He clearly doesn't know what he's doing or he would have known, in the first place, what was needed for the pipes. Come one! This is a pair of IC pipes? All you have to do is raise the freaking hood!

What an idiot.
Old 08-03-2011, 10:02 PM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by pontifex4
Rennsport is the PCA region of North East Ontario and Quebec. That's pretty typical francophone writing in English. My French is probably that bad unless I'm paying attention.

That said, he does kind of come off like an 'internet has no consequences for me' type who didn't do his research.

Anyway, here's the Rennlist Rennsport region forum, if you want to stir the pot until Bob Rouleau rains thunder down upon you: https://rennlist.com/forums/rennspor...-francais-154/
lol "rains thunder". That's funny!
Old 08-04-2011, 02:51 AM
porschepolisher
Advanced

Originally Posted by Rick
You guys are making Lart out to be perfect!

Now...if he were to have a driver's side tie rod assembly for an '88 951S in great shape for a good price I might be willing to consider the label of perfection.

Lart?
If LART doesn't have that tie rod (actually it's a pair from an 88 951S), I do.....ask LART about me...I sell HIM his Kokeln stuff. LOL
Old 08-04-2011, 03:13 AM
porschepolisher
Advanced

Someone needs to tell this fool Eric McDonald that he DOESN'T need a MAF to use these IC pipes, he just needs to relocate his air cleaner...do the airbox delete and run a K&N filter...The pipes will work fine, like I said in my previous post, I know this because I SELL LART his Kokeln parts.

But typical of people who don't do their homework, I sold a set of 88-89 Kokeln chips to a real piece of work (also from Canada...Hey, I have nothing against Canadians by the way). A month later he emails me, and says he just got back from vacation, and his "mechanic" told him I sold him the wrong chips (before I sold them, I made it a point to ask if he had an 88-89 951, and he said yes...88). Anyway, he said his "mechanic" told him I sold him 28 pin chips for his 24 pin DME. I told him to send them back, and after I checked to make sure that the pins weren't bent or broken, and verified that the chips weren't DOA, I would gladly refund his money. Nope, he wanted his money first, THEN he would send the chips back, said he didn't trust me to send a refund (something fishy here, since he trusted me enough to send the money first when he bought them). Anyway, to make a long story short, it seems his "mechanic" had not only broken a pin off, but he also attempted to modify the chips with a jumper. Did he send the chips back? NO Did he get a refund? NO Told him to take that up with his "mechanic", and now he's mad at me? Go Figure
Old 08-04-2011, 03:26 AM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

can you make Lart a set of those that have a brushed aluminum finish?
Old 08-04-2011, 03:34 AM
porschepolisher
Advanced

Originally Posted by ehall
can you make Lart a set of those that have a brushed aluminum finish?
Sorry, I don't make them, I just bought out the inventory when Kokeln got out of the 951 business. When these last few sets are gone, that's it.
Old 08-04-2011, 04:36 AM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

okay that SUCKS!
These are a bit shiny for me, but I need them. Sadly I have too much other crap on my plate right now.
Old 08-04-2011, 10:56 AM
JohnKoaWood
Nordschleife Master

okay that SUCKS!
These are a bit shiny for me, but I need them. Sadly I have too much other crap on my plate right now.
Shiny can be fixed... just sayin..
Old 08-04-2011, 11:02 AM
pontifex4
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

lol "rains thunder". That's funny!
Like his driving style, I've heard that his moderating style is no joke.

Anyway, Lart, the stuff you send me is always spotless and awesome. Why this guy wanted to turn a misunderstanding into a fight is beyond me.
Old 08-04-2011, 11:23 AM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 87 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by porschepolisher
If LART doesn't have that tie rod (actually it's a pair from an 88 951S), I do.....ask LART about me...I sell HIM his Kokeln stuff. LOL
Phil, that's the direct Konection to Kokeln, as he & I said these are the last iC kokeln pipes after these, you guys know there is $ 380.00 at your nearest vendor.
Old 08-04-2011, 11:50 AM
Paulyy
Professional Hoon
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

are they 2.5 inch or 2.25?
Old 08-04-2011, 12:15 PM
DrZ1
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by porschepolisher
Someone needs to tell this fool Eric McDonald that he DOESN'T need a MAF to use these IC pipes, he just needs to relocate his air cleaner...do the airbox delete and run a K&N filter...The pipes will work fine, like I said in my previous post, I know this because I SELL LART his Kokeln parts.

But typical of people who don't do their homework, I sold a set of 88-89 Kokeln chips to a real piece of work (also from Canada...Hey, I have nothing against Canadians by the way). A month later he emails me, and says he just got back from vacation, and his "mechanic" told him I sold him the wrong chips (before I sold them, I made it a point to ask if he had an 88-89 951, and he said yes...88). Anyway, he said his "mechanic" told him I sold him 28 pin chips for his 24 pin DME. I told him to send them back, and after I checked to make sure that the pins weren't bent or broken, and verified that the chips weren't DOA, I would gladly refund his money. Nope, he wanted his money first, THEN he would send the chips back, said he didn't trust me to send a refund (something fishy here, since he trusted me enough to send the money first when he bought them). Anyway, to make a long story short, it seems his "mechanic" had not only broken a pin off, but he also attempted to modify the chips with a jumper. Did he send the chips back? NO Did he get a refund? NO Told him to take that up with his "mechanic", and now he's mad at me? Go Figure

I actually have an AFM relocation unit that I bought from SFR in addition to his boost tubes, problem is that the tubes he used are for the MAF and I had a hell of a time getting it to work. I have the setup for sale, but would not sell together as it is too much work to make it right. However the Kokeln pipes seem to have more of a bend to allow room for the setup, and they used to sell a setup with the AFM behind the headlight and I think that is why the pipes look as they do. If interest in the unit let me know. I have a picture of it on page 2 of this thread. Which I need to unload these items so Best Offer will be accepted.

https://rennlist.com/forums/944-turb...added-pg2.html
Old 08-04-2011, 02:22 PM
alxdgr8
Rennlist Member

Received 52 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Paulyy
are they 2.5 inch or 2.25?
Looks like 2.25, otherwise I would've bought a set.
Old 08-04-2011, 02:51 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by alxdgr8
Looks like 2.25, otherwise I would've bought a set.
who else besides SFR makes the 2.5?
Old 08-04-2011, 03:50 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

btw someone email me this I believe I found his 944 Turbo S

http://montreal.kijiji.ca/c-cars-veh...dIdZ300507643#

Quick Reply: Evilbay Unfair, Kokeln Intercooler Pipes wont fit????