Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

First autocross event, got my butt handed to me

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2011, 01:40 PM
spammajamma
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

looks like Front Range, same location but course was laid out differently, nice driving! but you could see a little body roll, attributed to the air suspension?
Old 07-28-2011, 02:54 PM
Cole
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Yeah. I had my "List of Complaints" with the Cayenne that day.

-Air suspension still rolls too much on the autocross course even set to "sport"
-Wish I could have run it in the Lowest "loading level" setting instead of the lowest driving setting.
-"Pump catch" was a BIG issue in the slalom course. The power steering would not keep up with the direction changes.
-Tires were slick, but they were all seasons. I now have some BFG ultra high performance summers on it.
-Hard not to hit the tiptronic buttons on the steering wheel and shift inadvertently.

All in all it obviously did surprisingly well. Couple of tweaks and they would actually be pretty fun on a autocross course. It works much better on a open track.

But.....no reason to really do that when I have a 951 for that stuff. The only reason I ran the CTT was to try it out at the Porsche club autocross. (since the SCCA won't let me run it).

Let me know if you want to go out and do the autocross again. You are also welcome to come over and take the 951 for a spin and see how it runs compared to yours.
Old 07-28-2011, 05:06 PM
86 951 Driver
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I need to get out to one of these. I always wanted to with my old Neon. It had some suspension mods, just never did it. My 951 a/c isn't working plus makes some sort of noise once I get that noise figured out I might go out to one of these. Looks like a lot of fun.

Quick Reply: First autocross event, got my butt handed to me