Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Towing Question/ DE transportation

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2003, 03:52 PM
howie
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Towing Question/ DE transportation

This winter I bought a 951 track car with stiff coil over suspension. I'm in the process of selling my street 951. I signed up for a DE in Walkins Glen in June that's about a 7 hour drive away(I live just north of NYC). The car is street legal but, I think it's too far to drive. Is anyone aware of a place that rents trailors or has a transportation business.
Old 04-02-2003, 10:49 AM
ed devinney
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 62 Likes on 41 Posts
U-haul rents trailers & dollies. They're not great, but may be what you need. If you don't have good sized pickup, you'll need a truck, too. 7 hours in a U-haul truck could hardly be preferable to 7 hours in a track car, though.
Old 04-02-2003, 12:50 PM
$pit
Advanced

Howie,
If your a member of Metro NY region of PCA look in the front cover of the post for the chair people. You'll find Andy Spray listed and he has such a businees. If this is the Metro event I'll see you there.
Old 04-02-2003, 04:26 PM
H Dog
Advanced

I went to UHaul yesterday to scope out the trailer thing. They charge $50 a day, so for me to tow the 944t out to Michigan later this month I'm looking at $300. I went on eBay and found trailers that cost around $1,500, so it looks like UHaul is really ripping people off -- I figure $20 should be good enough. So if anyone knows a REAL discount place to rent trailers ROUND TRIP (which should also lower the price, I figure), please let's discuss!

Hunter

Quick Reply: Towing Question/ DE transportation