Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

944 Turbo Tasmania Targa Project

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2002, 07:51 AM
Ted Norman
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post 944 Turbo Tasmania Targa Project

I have purchased a 1986 Turbo944, I have just started getting the suspension all sorted out ,and my next step is to fillet the weight, but the question is what can people sujjest that i can purchase to increase the performance to the low 300bhp type figures,eg New Turbo? Bigger intercooler? new motronic.ect
There are some pretty heavy BH figures thrown arround
Ted Norman
Australia
Old 01-11-2002, 09:36 AM
Wachuko
Professor of Pending Projects
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
Ted there is a lot of options and many companies with different approaches. You will need to determine first what you want the car for. Track, street, sleeper, don’t care to modify the sh!@# out of it, etc. The post below should get you started on what to look for, for the best advice you should call one of the companies mentioned on this forum. They will be able to give you advice based on the budget you have and the use you will give your car.

Performance modifications can go for US$150.00, for a set of chips, to US$30,000.00++ for a very high hp high tech engine.

Performance suggestions. Help!

Best way to 300 rwhp

Good luck in your journey to performance mods!! I can relate, the bug has also bitten me… After having a stock car and trying to keep everything original I have said the heck with it and started changing stuff... still want to keep the car as a sleeper but that, I believe, will not last long... it is my daily driver so I will not get to extreme... but then again... I said I would keep it original when I bought it
Old 01-12-2002, 11:43 AM
Luke
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
YOU should hurry rihgt now and take advantage of the Speed Force Racing's stage one turbo deal!

Quick Reply: 944 Turbo Tasmania Targa Project