update alarm

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2002, 01:18 AM
v-tach
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post update alarm

just an update
one day when i went to start the car i stepped on the clutch and it sank to the floor. i looked under the car and had lost hydrolic fluid. i had the car towed to my mechanic who easily found the problem. he replaced the slave cylinder - no biggy.
i told him about the intermittent problem i was having starting the car that coincidently began after my alarm was installed. he had an extra relay in the shop so he replaced my ignition relay. i have only had the prob one time since then. now the car is running fine starts up all the time and the ignition does not cut off anymore while i am driving. i still cant figure what exactly this problem was but im happy to be on the road again. knock on wood !!
so for now im leaving the alarm where it is. we will see if the problem continues...
one other thing to anyone who can answer - when changing the slave cyclinder is there any other part that should be changed - like the clutch master cylinder ? - i think i read that somewhere....
thanks

wdoublev@msn.com
Old 01-07-2002, 11:30 AM
IceShark
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You might want to do some more followup on the alarm install. If it has an ignition cutoff feature when it thinks it is being stolen, that is the area you want to have looked at.

As far as slave cylinder, some people suggest also replacing master cylinder at same time as its seals may not be far behind. I would just let it be until the master starts leaking which may be many, many years in my experience.

Was it cold (like well below freezing) when that slave let loose? That is a typical failure point as the seals get stiff from the cold and finally start leaking.

Quick Reply: update alarm