Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Car Wash Knockeded Out the Car

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2011, 12:55 PM
schip43
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ehall
Then your sensor isn't properly secured or it isn't exactly set at the right height above the flywheel. It could also be the connection.
Probably but I got bigger fish to fry! Gotta drag it into the Garage when I get the "Woo" out. I got leaks in the clutch system somewhere?

Pedal feels good but it won't go into gear with motor running!

Pedal feels good replaced just about everything except the lines, ordered the stainless steel line . Will see if that works!
Old 04-29-2011, 06:51 PM
ali4
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I removed the battery from the tray. No signs of holes that shouldnt be there. I saw two holes, one is in the front of the tray going to the engine. The second is like a drain going to the fender. I took a picture of it with my fingers in the drain. Should this be there?

Next thing I saw was a piece of white ceramic like material in the tray. I looked up and saw this white round piece with two wires. If you see the pic the bottom wire is just barely even connected anymore. What is this and could it be the problem? There is another one next to it not damaged. The one in the pic is exposed to direct water because the panel above it is broken.

I pulled the cable from the ignition coil and didn't see water. But I did see that there are two wires going there and one is actual exposed and has two wires twisted into one. Could this have gotten wet and caused a problem?

I took out the dme relay and tapped it a few times and the relay/connectors
looked okay. I saw some water around the switch box that didn't drain because car is on a decline. Maybe water is under the switches? I doubt it but i cant remove the switch panel to check.

I am confused as to how the water got the the dme area and so much if there are no drilled holes in the battery tray. Next i will open the dme and pour alcohol into it but I am scared to do that. I also got some wires and will try to manually jump the dme relay after all is dried up.

Also where is my alarm unit? has it been removed I see the dme, and kmr where is the alarm?

I hope I can get the problem fixed...
Attached Images      
Old 04-29-2011, 07:26 PM
ali4
Rennlist Member

I took out the dme. No signs of water or wetness inside or in case. I do see a lot of yellow residue. Is this from moisture? So how do I clean this jus alcohol n wipe of the circuit board?
Old 04-29-2011, 08:06 PM
Bri Bro
Addict
Rennlist Member

The yellow is flux from the soldering, no need to remove it.
Old 04-29-2011, 08:41 PM
ali4
Rennlist Member

Ok so I looked harder and found some possible leaks and siliconed up the entire area. Put the relay back n the dme back same problems pertain. Now I'm going to try jumping the dme relay
Old 04-29-2011, 10:36 PM
Bri Bro
Addict
Rennlist Member

Check for fuel, spark and injector pulses.

This will fix the heating fan resistor.
http://compare.ebay.com/like/3304197...=263602_325002
Old 04-30-2011, 07:44 PM
remington7
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It sounds like your alternator went whats the voltage on your battery?
Old 04-30-2011, 07:46 PM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by remington7
It sounds like your alternator went whats the voltage on your battery?
I agree. Your battery isn't beint re-charged by the alt. If you'ved checked the cables, then it's pretty simple. The alt is bad.
Old 04-30-2011, 07:47 PM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

ps Your problem has a 99% chance of having nothing at all to do with washing your car.
Old 04-30-2011, 07:48 PM
remington7
Track Day

When your dash board lights where unusually bright its usually a sign that your alternator is on its way out.
Old 04-30-2011, 07:49 PM
remington7
Track Day

Originally Posted by ehall
I agree. Your battery isn't beint re-charged by the alt. If you'ved checked the cables, then it's pretty simple. The alt is bad.
+1!
Old 04-30-2011, 09:36 PM
Keithr726
Nordschleife Master

My battery tray was horrible and I should have probably welded in a new piece but I ended up spraying the rust with a inhibitor and then patching the holes with JB weld and finished by coating the entire tray with truck bed liner. Here is a photo to show the extent of the damage.
Old 05-01-2011, 01:01 AM
ali4
Rennlist Member

Hi everyone. Thanks for the good info. Is it difficult to replace the alt? Would the car crank of the alt is dead? Wen I turn the key the volts are low around 10 but does it go up Wen the car actually turns on? If the alt is dead should my fuel pump turn on? A lot of the help I got is dme, dme relay and fuel pump related.
Old 05-01-2011, 02:46 AM
Black51
Three Wheelin'

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I just switched out my alternator a few days ago. It is fairly difficult just because it's so tight in there, and everything can only come out and go in one way. Takes a lot of patience and sore fingers!

I would recommend you look on clarke's garage and the factory shop manual before getting in there. Also, get someone to help you if you can.

Your car will run for a few minutes with a fully charged battery and a dead alternator, since the car is running right off the battery. So yes, if your battery has a charge, it will turn the engine over with the starter.
Old 05-01-2011, 02:55 AM
ali4
Rennlist Member

The day before it died it drove for a while n the day it died I drove to work n back. It had about 12.5 volts.

Quick Reply: Car Wash Knockeded Out the Car