Engine stalling and parts list/catalog questions

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2001, 11:37 PM
B. Golladay
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Engine stalling and parts list/catalog questions

Hello all,
First of all, the 944 is really a great car isn't it?
Now, to business. I was driving my wonderful 86 turbo the other day and noticed some slight hesitating problems. It then got much worse. It seems the car stalls out in the 1800-2200rpm range. I mean, if I floor it it will just bounce up and down, almost like a rev limiter there.
What is this problem?? Could anyone here please either help with some info or some areas to trouble shoot? I am currently planning to do a tune up on it and hope its some electrical prob that will be resolved with a tune up. I have owned the car since late January this year and it has never had any sign of problems like this. It has around 90k on it now. This will be a great opertunity to first work on this great machine.
Also, in trying to get parts for a tune up, I came across the question of where to get them. Where are some locations of places good for parts to order that is good price and good quality as well. I currently have a Tweeks catalog, Automotion catalog is on the way and I have found the sites from Pelican and Vertex. Are there any other good ones out there?
Any additional tips or advice would be appreciated by this new member and Porsche owner.

Brian
'86 944 Turbo (black)

Quick Reply: Engine stalling and parts list/catalog questions