Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Wideband sensor placement and cable routing?

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2011, 02:53 PM
Dea_944t
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Wideband sensor placement and cable routing?

It's a bit tight but the exhaust is in its top position and I don't think it moves that much up and down at this position ?

I was planning to route the cable up under the heat protector, then forward along the torque tube and up on the backside of the engine, any opinions?

/Dea
Attached Images   
Old 03-14-2011, 03:19 PM
Chris White
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts

Its easier to route it up through the shift rod area, under the console and hook it up by the radio.
Old 03-14-2011, 03:26 PM
s14kev
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

I just did mine this weekend. I was going to go through the shifter but didn't like the idea of punching a hole through a perfectly good rubber shift boot. Ended up just routing it on the right side of the torque tube and bellhousing. Cable runs about 4-5 inches away from the wastegate but seems to be far enough away from the heat. Then ran it through the grommett for the vacuum canister into the battery box before going through the hole in the firewall that the horn cable runs through. Had to de-pin the molex connector to the harness with a terminal tool to get the harness though the small holes in the battery box and firewall.
Old 03-14-2011, 03:26 PM
Dea_944t
Racer

I did think about that at first but couldn't any easy way to do it.
The routing up on the backside of the engine seems pretty straight forward.

/Dea
Old 03-14-2011, 04:11 PM
Dea_944t
Racer

Similar to my thinking although I'm going up just to the left of the engine "center line".

/Dea

Originally Posted by s14kev
I just did mine this weekend. I was going to go through the shifter but didn't like the idea of punching a hole through a perfectly good rubber shift boot. Ended up just routing it on the right side of the torque tube and bellhousing. Cable runs about 4-5 inches away from the wastegate but seems to be far enough away from the heat. Then ran it through the grommett for the vacuum canister into the battery box before going through the hole in the firewall that the horn cable runs through. Had to de-pin the molex connector to the harness with a terminal tool to get the harness though the small holes in the battery box and firewall.
Old 03-15-2011, 03:30 AM
Scott H
Three Wheelin'

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I routed my Innovate LC-1 under the car to the left, up the inner fenderwell (where the charcoal canister... was) out the hole where the line to the charcoal canister passed through, then through a hole near the brake master cylinder then down to where my aux fuse panel/ground strip are in the driver footwell. If I wasn't running an A-Pillar setup I probably would have run it up through the center tunnel, I still might sometime in the future.
Old 03-15-2011, 03:53 AM
onspeed
Burning Brakes

Just got done with my LC1 install tonight. Bung is welded at the 12 o'clock position, right behind to hanger bracket and basically goes striaght up to the shift boot. The control box is sort of jammed between the buttons on the center console and my 968 cubby w/boost gauge... not the most ideal spot but I didn't have enough cord length to do any better. I have the gauge routed through the glove box. I'm thinking about mounting it onto a piece of metal that has like a hook so that I can attach it onto the air vent right below the trip reset button when I want to see it and just toss it into the glove box all other times.
Old 03-20-2011, 12:50 PM
Dea_944t
Racer

Two pictures of the routing.
I hope it isn't to hot up at the torque tube since those are plastic tie-raps (the sensor cable runs at the top of the torque tube).
The cable follows the clutch fluid pipe up the back of the engine, only problen with this routing is that the connector between the two cable parts can't be fixated in a good way, but i hope it will work.

/Dea
Attached Images   

Quick Reply: Wideband sensor placement and cable routing?