Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

New DV and now my car runs like crap? Help

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2011, 05:58 PM
TheDice951
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New DV and now my car runs like crap? Help

I had an issue with my old diverter valve and I had a bov on it for about 3 weeks... Then that took a ****. I made my own IC pipes and left the DV port off of it and drove like a grandma most of the time. I just got a forge DV and put on my car yesterday. My car ran great all day and then last night when I was coming home I got on it a little and flames shot out the exhaust and a big pop when I shifted. Picked up nicely though!! Today, however, I went to pass someone on the highway and before it even hit 5lbs it went "pop...pop...pop....pop" and then I let off. I payed more attention next time and felt like I had more "get up" before boost and as soon as my gauge read 0.1 and any higher it felt like nothing was happening... I checked the IC pipes and all that and everything is all conected.... What could it be? I have a huntly stage 2 turbo kit with vettesse Soft wear.....
Old 01-07-2011, 07:24 PM
fast951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts

Check your hoses & connections after the turbo. It sounds like a serious pressure leak in the intake (after the turbo). You are probably seeing black smoke out of the exhaust as well?
Old 01-07-2011, 10:27 PM
TheDice951
Racer

Yeah it's black smoke... I figured it was a boost leak because of the popping and flames... The fuel was there but the boost wasn't... I will take a better loom in the morning... Thanks
Old 01-10-2011, 04:25 PM
TheDice951
Racer

Ok, so I took all the pipes off, inspected the couplers, tubes and DV. The DV is getting cocked on the way back to the closed position and letting boost out....? I took it apart and put the middle spring in, it had the hard spring, and ininspected the o-rings and re-greased them... Any ideas?
Old 01-10-2011, 04:41 PM
CDH-CTT
Racer

Is your DV still factory step up or are you running it to atmosphere? I have an EVO DV and I lube the o-ring with grease everytime I change the engine oil.....I would swap out the DV and see how it runs with another one....also pull apart the DV and check it for any damage that could hang up the slider...
Good luck

Carl
Old 01-10-2011, 04:51 PM
Paulyy
Professional Hoon
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

just drive with compressor surge
for the real world... what DV you running?
Old 01-10-2011, 11:17 PM
TheDice951
Racer

I am also running the EVO DV from forge.... It is factory set-up and I already inspected It all and then re greased the orings.... I think It's ok for now... I am going to get new orings and see if that helps....

Quick Reply: New DV and now my car runs like crap? Help