Living in Florida... none. As good as it gets is a nice cloverleaf ramp
dang...I'm depressed for you!
Old 12-22-2010, 11:23 AM
racerxrick
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

glad to hear your making progress!!!

Originally Posted by Own Goal
Yep, worked on it all day today. Sorting out the new exhaust and the Tial with mounting plates. Never heard this before but swear looks like need to grind a nice size nip out of the torque tube front mount to get it in right. I'll mess with that some more right after Christmas. Top side is about sorted and ready for intake except for seem to have misplace the sleeve that goes on one of the reference sensors. Have new bracket and new sensors from Paragon but sleeve missing. fun.
Next is sorting out the new vac lines (Lindsey kit) and understanding how to wire and configure my Vitesse kit. Loaded the piggyback using a 12 bat and lap top but now the real deal starts. My buddy was dealer tech up through 90 so knows the cars but not current mods. He's a flat air cooled junkie. Like I said, shooting for a January start up.
Old 12-22-2010, 11:24 AM
racerxrick
Rennlist Member

yeah...NC would be great. I'd like to take my mountain bikes up to the Ashville area!

Originally Posted by Zeff
I have 11ty roads to go driving on around here. Pretty much anything around Rosman NC is sweet.
Old 12-22-2010, 12:11 PM
aben8057
Drifting

One of my favorites...NJTP at rush hour

Old 12-22-2010, 12:35 PM
Zeff
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by racerxrick
yeah...NC would be great. I'd like to take my mountain bikes up to the Ashville area!
Hit either the Brevard/Pisgah Forest area or Natahala out near Bryson City. Those are the best biking areas.
Old 12-22-2010, 01:00 PM
Own Goal
Team Owner

Received 2,322 Likes on 1,395 Posts

Seeing the pic of the NJTP and the topic of Rick's thread here reminds me this week the local paper listed DFW as THE WORST traffic in the country now. Out front of Rick's work place is a 5 year high five construction project. Guess I understand why he would pine for back roads and no traffic.
Old 12-22-2010, 02:04 PM
racerxrick
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Zeff
Hit either the Brevard/Pisgah Forest area or Natahala out near Bryson City. Those are the best biking areas.
Believe me...I've read the articles and looked at the pics. Sorry for misspelling Asheville!
Old 12-22-2010, 02:07 PM
racerxrick
Rennlist Member

Seeing the pic of the NJTP and the topic of Rick's thread here reminds me this week the local paper listed DFW as THE WORST traffic in the country now. Out front of Rick's work place is a 5 year high five construction project. Guess I understand why he would pine for back roads and no traffic.
When i drive the 951 in traffic it worries me that after 24 years the life of that car could get taken in an instant..from someone elses mistake!!!
Old 12-23-2010, 12:48 AM
racerxrick
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by MooreBoost
i used to live in cascade 3 years ago and took my na up pikes peak hwy as many times as possible. it sucked as elevation went up but thats why i bought a turbo. hwy 24 is a fun road also.
wow! this is one I couldn't see on my work computer! I did a trip through Arkansas last year....ya' never know!
Old 12-23-2010, 12:50 AM
racerxrick
Rennlist Member

Mormon Trail...how Utah!

I've mountain bikes Deer Valley/Park City as well as Moab. Love Utah!

Originally Posted by ModdedEverything951S
This one is pretty fun and about 25 minutes from my house. I actually drive it every day to work.

Old 12-23-2010, 01:38 AM
Own Goal
Team Owner

Received 2,322 Likes on 1,395 Posts

Rick, one more very close by but short and there is the Southlake and Keller revenue agents. That would be just up 114 to Dove road, take a West and have some nice up and down hill with sweepers. Turn South when get to Randoll Mill going toward 1709. A climbing up hill right / left sweeper into a series double S's with up and downs. Real twisty country lane with big trees and elevation changes. Again only problem is posted 30 and enforced like crazy. That said would not believe how many times have seen a BMW, Miata or such in a ditch. Locals with the Lambos, Ferraris, Vipers and a couple of R8's seem to be seen often on that little stretch.
Old 12-23-2010, 10:55 AM
racerxrick
Rennlist Member

hmm...if the revenuers are out in force I better pass!

Rick, one more very close by but short and there is the Southlake and Keller revenue agents. That would be just up 114 to Dove road, take a West and have some nice up and down hill with sweepers. Turn South when get to Randoll Mill going toward 1709. A climbing up hill right / left sweeper into a series double S's with up and downs. Real twisty country lane with big trees and elevation changes. Again only problem is posted 30 and enforced like crazy. That said would not believe how many times have seen a BMW, Miata or such in a ditch. Locals with the Lambos, Ferraris, Vipers and a couple of R8's seem to be seen often on that little stretch.
Old 12-23-2010, 11:24 AM
Paulyy
Professional Hoon
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

location: Victoria, Australia: Great Ocean Road. its not local but its by far the best road closes to me.
It's huge, full of tight turns and some straights. great views!

Quick Reply: Your favorite local drives!