Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

query: important heat shields for the 944 turbo

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2010, 04:33 PM
incomplete
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default query: important heat shields for the 944 turbo

so, as i've been tearing down, rebuilding and posting pics, more than once people have commented that i'm missing heat shields on the passenger side, by the exhaust manifold.

since i'm planning on shipping off some pipes and all the shields i can to swain, i'd like to get as close to as full of a set as possible soon.

i've identified that i'm missing the oil cooler and filter shields, and someone else commented that there's one missing for the 2-3 pipes on the manifold.

does anyone have pics of these shield installed or loose, so i can see what exactly i'm missing and where it fits? it'll be handy when i'm reinstalling them.

for sourcing, i plan on calling parts heaven and other porsche pick-and-pulls. i'm not against purchasing any extras from rennlisters though.

thanks in advance!
Old 11-19-2010, 05:24 PM
fortysixandtwo
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

http://www.porsche.com/all/media/pdf...88_KATALOG.pdf

Scan through the exploded views, or search for "heat" in the document. This should show most of them. Keep in mind this is for turbo and na cars. Also, for something like a header, this will not show the welded on heat shields because they're integral to the part.
Old 11-19-2010, 06:56 PM
incomplete
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks... i totally forgot about the porsche catalogs. duh.

as for the shields on the pipes, i never really thought of them as two distinct entities until now. a header is a header, a heat shield a heat shield, etc. guess i know better now!

thanks...

Quick Reply: query: important heat shields for the 944 turbo