Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Anyone install the LR silicone radiator hoses yet?

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2010, 12:51 PM
Mike Lindsey
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 944Phil
I installed the hoses a couple weeks ago(Black). I had some issues with the thicker walls on the LR hoses. Most notably over the beside the oil filter. Has anyone else had this problem with these hoses?
I'll try and snap some pics.
Phil
We have had a complaint from somebody about the little water pump to coolant tube down the head hose being to thick and it's close to the oil filter making it hard to get some oil filter tools on the filter. Maybe that was you.

After installing a set on a car here there was clearance. It might be a pump casting or water tube difference issue. Not sure yet. You can to some degree spin the hose before tightening the clamp moving it closer to or
further away from the filter.

Putting them on we found there is an easy and a hard way to do it. It's all about the order in which you do them. It's easiest to remove the water rail tube and connect the hoses to that and drop it back in as an assembly once the lower radiator and other's not connected to it are already done. The hoses being thick don't flex as much as the rubber so they are stiff to work with and don't allow you to install as easily.

There are two hoses we made a little longer after the first batch, even though
the hose was the same length as the stock hose. A respected customer thought longer would be better so we took his advise and adapted.

We have over 100 sets out, and that's it for complaints. If there are other issues, we would like to know so we can address and change if warranted.

Feedback welcome.
Other 1-405-947-0137
Old 06-25-2010, 01:51 PM
Crazy Eddie

Rennlist Member

Received 64 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by 944Phil
I installed the hoses a couple weeks ago(Black). I had some issues with the thicker walls on the LR hoses. Most notably over the beside the oil filter. Has anyone else had this problem with these hoses?
I'll try and snap some pics.
Phil
Hi Phil
Thanks for the info ... Do you have a N/A or Turbo ?
Regards
Ed
Old 06-25-2010, 07:29 PM
944Phil
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ed, I have a 86 turbo.

Mike, it was not me who complained about the hose. I got it to fit albeit kinda tight.
I'm happy with the hoses, they look good. I think i gained a couple horsepower too....
Old 06-26-2010, 03:56 PM
snora
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought and installed the heater valve delete hoses--heavy duty pieces that is for sure

The small hard pipe to water pump hose was a bit short for my application, and a tight fit there at the oil filter as noted above

I got it on, but I am a little concerned about its ability to stay clamped to the hard pipe, as it was there that it could have used more length- actually, both legs of that little curved hose could have been longer and made it an easier fit, as there is some interference with the oil filter and clamp on the down side, and, as mentioned, a bit short on the other side to get a secure clamp on the hard pipe

Have not run the car yet, so we will see how that holds

The block to heater core hose could have been a little longer too for my app--again, I am concerned about getting it adequately clamped at its respective ends

But very hardy hoses--probably will outlast me and the car

Donn
Old 06-26-2010, 04:12 PM
Travis - sflraver
Site Sponsor
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The set Dave sent in as a door prize for the 944Fest looked really good. I think just about everyone who walked by the door prize table picked them up and commented on how sturdy they were.
Old 06-26-2010, 07:26 PM
Dougs951
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

^ thats the set I am intstalling

Quick Reply: Anyone install the LR silicone radiator hoses yet?