Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Harness clips...

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2010, 07:11 PM
Fluidplay
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Harness clips...

..anyone know where to get the 4 plastic harness clips that are attached to the heat shield between the turbo and block? Summit Racing doesn't have them.
Apprecate a source.
Old 01-17-2010, 07:35 PM
KLR
Rennlist Member

You can usually get any of the special clips/etc. around the car for a few bucks from Sunset. Take a look at the parts diagrams on Pelican, find the part numbers, and email Sunset for a quote. You might be pleasantly surprised.
Old 01-17-2010, 09:38 PM
Tom M'Guinn

Rennlist Member

Received 533 Likes on 287 Posts

I have tried several times to find the part numbers for those clips so that I can order them from Sunset, to no avail. Thought I had it once, but the clips I received were not the same. I use zip ties now. If you figure out the part number, please let us all know.
Old 01-17-2010, 09:53 PM
Fluidplay
Three Wheelin'

Hey Tom, I'm following your write on turbo R&R. Thanks

One question: Were you able to get to the 6mm bolts without loosening the steering rack using a ball end allen and uni? It looks doable, but Clark's mentions loosening the rack.
Old 01-17-2010, 10:03 PM
spyder348
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey man never done any major 944 work until past few months just finished my turbo install im sure i could answer some ?'s i think it went well so far.
Old 01-17-2010, 10:06 PM
spyder348
Pro

-take turbo out with downpipe
-remove 2 10's to take out steering shaft heat shield.
-use black standard POS allen wrench 6 mm pipe small pipe over end of allen wrench for leverage do not use ball type socket make sure you spray down with rust remover.(wake up threads)
-dont forget m8 bolt down underneath on the side of downpipe going to block
Old 01-17-2010, 10:22 PM
Fluidplay
Three Wheelin'

spyder348 - you got in there with a standard allen on both bolts?? I'll have to take another look at that...what size pipe dia. & length?
Thanks, r u up and running?
Old 01-17-2010, 10:38 PM
spyder348
Pro

i have been a great mechanic in my area for many years just never old porsches or performance stuff, im loving this stuff all the difficult stuff it sounds like you guys run into with rust and breaking **** i fly right through. keep me on your list i can help you. regular 6 mil black allen wrench. both bolts easily. I c why you are having the issue. at the same time i installed ac delete bracket which means i had compressor and alternator completely out. Im geussing you have the alt. out allready? if not man its worth it to take the alt. and ac compressor out even leave it hooked up to the lines just drop it down. once both of those are out you will see what i mean. the long allen bolt doesnt come all the way out. if you try and fish a swivel up through the bottom i sware you will strip them out. not worth it man. have you taken the bolts off yet that connect crossover to hot side? Im not up and running yet well i did a test run with rusted shut stock wastegate stock exhaust stock chips and a bucket for a seat cuz im doing a restore at the same time. lined up next to my buddy put him in my cobra to race me and beat him so at least im on the right track, these cars have potential.
Old 01-17-2010, 10:39 PM
spyder348
Pro

what turbo you puttin in?
Old 01-18-2010, 12:41 AM
Fluidplay
Three Wheelin'

Alt & AC still in...so it's really tight trying to get the right angle . I'd like to avoid removing the alt. if possible. Tom M'Guinn has a great write up on this and apparently able to get them out with the ball end & swivel.
Bolts are loose, but not out.

I'm have a LR Super 61 that has failed. Blowing smoke out the rear on hard accelleration and oil everywhere.
Old 01-18-2010, 01:00 AM
Tom M'Guinn

Rennlist Member

Received 533 Likes on 287 Posts

Originally Posted by Fluidplay
Hey Tom, I'm following your write on turbo R&R. Thanks

One question: Were you able to get to the 6mm bolts without loosening the steering rack using a ball end allen and uni? It looks doable, but Clark's mentions loosening the rack.
I keep meaning to update that very old write up, but have not gotten around to it. I wrote it before digital pictures were common!! Anyway, yes, you can get to the allen bolts that secure the turbo without undoing the rack. However, to completely replace the long one, you need to let the rack sag a bit to make room to take it out completely.
Old 01-23-2010, 02:04 AM
Fluidplay
Three Wheelin'

Still searching...found these. Kinda nice that they're re-usable.

http://www.delcity.net/store/Accesso..._62284.a_1.t_1

Tom - turbos out, ended up losening the steering rack to get the right angle on the bolt. What a PITA with a larger turbo, very little space to work around.

Quick Reply: Harness clips...