Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Who has had thier Koni's Rebuilt?

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2009, 01:41 AM
Bluemach1
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who has had thier Koni's Rebuilt?

What do they look like when you get them back? Are they like new or are they the same with just the guts all replaced?

Thanks,
Ted
Old 09-17-2009, 03:00 AM
Ski
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Had the M030 units that are on the race car done by True Choice Motorsports. We called them, discussed the car, tracks, etc and they made some recommendations; very pleased with the outcome. $678 was the bill, with a selected valving, seals, new locking rings/pins/seat.

before

after
Old 09-17-2009, 03:01 AM
CarbonRevo
Drifting

Can't comment on the finish when they come back but seems they'd be repainted? I found out that O'Reilly Auto Parts sells a duplicolor paint called "school bus yellow" that is VERY close to original Koni Yellow. I painted my Konk shocks and structs this color and the look brand new.
Old 09-17-2009, 03:07 AM
Ski
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Konk shocks and structs, who makes those? Glenfiddich or Glenlivet?
Old 09-17-2009, 10:52 AM
Bluemach1
Instructor

I have the M474. Seems like it would be a lot cheaper to refurb than replace. I do like the look of yours. It appears that they came back pretty clean.
Old 09-17-2009, 11:00 AM
Oddjob
Rennlist Member

Received 62 Likes on 52 Posts

I had a set rebuilt by Koni/ITT North America a few years ago (in Hebron KY, I recall). And they came back loose in box and were all chipped up. I called and complained and asked them to repaint them, they told me to get a can of Plasticote School Bus Yellow which is what they actually use....

So be careful spraying brake parts cleaner around inside the fender well, or you will have yellow paint drips on your driveway.
Old 09-17-2009, 02:47 PM
Bluemach1
Instructor

Originally Posted by Oddjob
I had a set rebuilt by Koni/ITT North America a few years ago (in Hebron KY, I recall). And they came back loose in box and were all chipped up. I called and complained and asked them to repaint them, they told me to get a can of Plasticote School Bus Yellow which is what they actually use....

So be careful spraying brake parts cleaner around inside the fender well, or you will have yellow paint drips on your driveway.
Well, so much for that. I thought that I would send mine directly to Koni but now I am thinking that I will send to one of the authorized repair centers. There is one very close to me at Infineon Raceway.
Old 09-17-2009, 03:11 PM
pa944red
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I sent a pair of shocks back recently under warranty, and due to age from when I bought them they sent new replacements back, they did not rebuild my old ones.

Are you sending them back to be rebuilt on your dime, or is it a warranty claim?

Tom
Old 09-17-2009, 03:16 PM
Bluemach1
Instructor

Originally Posted by pa944red
I sent a pair of shocks back recently under warranty, and due to age from when I bought them they sent new replacements back, they did not rebuild my old ones.

Are you sending them back to be rebuilt on your dime, or is it a warranty claim?

Tom
This is on my own dime. These are the original Koni yellows that came with the M474 option.

Last edited by Bluemach1; 09-17-2009 at 03:17 PM. Reason: spelling

Quick Reply: Who has had thier Koni's Rebuilt?