Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Porsche, what's next?

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2009, 12:52 PM
gt37vgt
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeh i agree to re-establish them self as a sports car brand they need to offer the caymen stripped and fast RS type version as well the over weight version for posers .
I bet there are heaps sports car nuts out there that are driving lotus exiges or 50 grand 951's as Porsche don't offer.. a real weekend warrior unless you have the bucks for a gt3.
Old 05-30-2009, 07:37 PM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Whisper
+1

Porsche has been allowing business considerations to trump design considerations, and this may have paid off short-term, but in the long run it's hurting them, as the Japanese start to eat their lunch.

For example: The Cayman is one of the best cars ever made. But instead of rocking the boat by making it all it could be, Porsche engaged in 997 protectionism by putting in a low displacement engine, and no LSD.

Now the 350Z can complete with it.... at half the price. And Cayman sales have been stagnant.

And don't get me started on the SUV-thing, and the Panamera. Porsche is trying to rely on the prestige of its label, rather than the performance of its cars, to draw buyers. But it forgets that the former comes from the latter.

I still want a Cayman S. But I have to realize that I am an idiot for that. Sure, it's great, but if I wasn't a Porsche addict, I could get something equally nice for much less.

Porsche got where it is by growing and adapting, by taking risks, by letting engineering considerations rule. Stop that, and what's left?
BINGO! We have a winner!

Quick Reply: Porsche, what's next?