Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

951s LS1?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2009, 06:57 PM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 93 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by FaStTimesInMy951
First lets set something straight. I'm not guy I'm a woman. So it would be Mrs. Women of trees to you. I didn't come out of nowhere. I usually just read the information in the tech forum not comment much in these threads besides off topic. You dont even know me so for you to comment on me smoking or being dumb just shows how much of fool you are. I don't smoke for leisure I smoke because i have cancer you tool. If thats any business of yours! What is disturbing is the way most of you people treat other members on here. Maybe all of you should think before posting rude stuff about other members. So why don't you relax dude and smoke one its obvious that you need to. ~harmony
I'm sorry if you have cancer and I wish you a speedy recovery. My comments were flippant and not meant to be read as 'Heavy'. That you are a woman and that you have this horrible disease are however irrelevant to this thread. I have no idea if you smoke or not, how would I?
You came on and attacked Whisper who has displayed a lot of intelligence on this god forsaken thread.
I really don't wish to get into an argument nor create yet another storm in a teacup, especially in this particular thread.

I sincerely wish you well and hope you recover 100% health.
Old 04-18-2009, 01:49 AM
FaStTimesInMy951
Three Wheelin'

Location: Loving life in Cali!!! Deep in the RedWoods but close enough to the Ocean!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Whisper
Hey, just because I eat my cornflakes with goat's blood is no reason to cast aspersions on my character.
Frankly, the only reason I can imagine for taking umbrage at what I said would a failure to understand the context. I have no objection to offending you, but would prefer to wait until I actually intend to do so.
(Which might be coming soon, should you persist in your singularly disrespectful attempts to characterize me based on some fictitious internal notion of who I must be.)
**I'm sorry if i didn't see the humor in comparing someone to a person like hitler just because they like there cars pure. I'm sure there are other examples you could of used of wanting something pure.

Originally Posted by 333pg333
I'm sorry if you have cancer and I wish you a speedy recovery. My comments were flippant and not meant to be read as 'Heavy'. That you are a woman and that you have this horrible disease are however irrelevant to this thread. I have no idea if you smoke or not, how would I?
You came on and attacked Whisper who has displayed a lot of intelligence on this god forsaken thread.
I really don't wish to get into an argument nor create yet another storm in a teacup, especially in this particular thread. I sincerely wish you well and hope you recover 100% health.
**Thank you for you kind words that is appreciated. I do not wish to keep this going. I'm sorry if my response to your post was feisty, I to am guilty for getting alil heated. I didn't mean for it to come across as a attack on Whisper. I was simply pointing out his rudeness.

**I believe you said this 333pg333..."put the pipe down your Dudeness. Give your brain a break. Relax man of trees." So though my post may have nothing to do with this thread it had everything to do with what you posted about me. I'm sorry for getting short with you.

**Sorry If I came on here an disturb the pot again. But some of you were very rude because 1 guy on here was more abrasive about keeping a car pure. The OP wanted views from both sides. You should of know that someone out there would disagree with your idea of the best reliable engine. It takes more then one person to escalate a situation. Not everyone is just going to sit back, laugh behind there computer screens and not call you on ur disrespectful behaviour. Sorry I had to be the one. Have noticed in more then one thread people passing judgment onto others. I bet most of them haven't even bothered to meet them in person or get to know who they are. Hopefully we can all get along after this and just call it a learning lesson.~harmony
Old 04-18-2009, 03:17 AM
Whisper
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FaStTimesInMy951
**I'm sorry if i didn't see the humor in comparing someone to a person like hitler just because they like there cars pure. I'm sure there are other examples you could of used of wanting something pure.
That's why I told you you need to work on your reading comprehension. I was talking about mustaches. We needed another unflattering sartorial reference to correspond to the LS1's "mullet" jokes.

If you had read the thread, and paid attention, you would have understood this.

As the "liking things pure" bit, that hadn't occurred to me. But now that you mention it, that's pretty funny, too. You yourself might have quite a sense of humor, were you to unwind a little bit.
Old 04-18-2009, 09:02 PM
CPR
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Harmony just laid out a very respectful post in attempts to put this to rest....someone else should take notice and let it go.
Old 04-18-2009, 11:25 PM
Whisper
Burning Brakes

I think that if someone is upset because they misunderstood something, then to remove the upset, you remove the misunderstanding.

Now let's get back to talking about LS1s in 944s, shall we?
Old 04-19-2009, 12:27 AM
Whisper
Burning Brakes

Well, I drove TonyG's car.

Full report is here:

https://rennlist.com/forums/924-931-...est-drive.html

Poor Spencer. He wouldn't fit. Literally wouldn't fit.

I guess there are some drawbacks to being the size of a barge.
Old 04-20-2009, 07:13 PM
Whisper
Burning Brakes

Bump to inquire if Tone is still out there, and still down for this.
Old 04-20-2009, 08:13 PM
95ONE
Race Car

Holy cow. I'm trying to read this on my palm. taking way to freakin long. I'm only on page 10.....

LSx motor would rock. But, that leaves me out of most classes. screw That. 3.0 with turbo is next best thing and way more "bling"

So, anyone with a V8 think they will have a chance against my car? I like smack talkin. It almost never matters to me who wins or loses. If it gets more people out there watchin/racing... hell yeah!

Seriously.... NO ONE will beat my car.

Damnit! I don't have a complete car! LOL. Its all in my head rigt now. arghhhhhhh. ok, back to reading the next 12 pages..... jeeeeeesh.

Oh yeah. LSx ftw if There were more classes for it.
Old 04-20-2009, 08:28 PM
spoolin51
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by 95ONE
Holy cow. I'm trying to read this on my palm. taking way to freakin long. I'm only on page 10.....

LSx motor would rock. But, that leaves me out of most classes. screw That. 3.0 with turbo is next best thing and way more "bling"

So, anyone with a V8 think they will have a chance against my car? I like smack talkin. It almost never matters to me who wins or loses. If it gets more people out there watchin/racing... hell yeah!

Damnit! I don't have a complete car! LOL. Its all in my head rigt now. arghhhhhhh. ok, back to reading the next 12 pages..... jeeeeeesh.

i knew i shouldn't have told you about this thread...
Old 04-20-2009, 08:35 PM
CPR
Race Director

Yeah, but the difference is 95ONE is for real.
Old 04-20-2009, 08:37 PM
Jeremy Himsel
Addict
Rennlist Member

Please let this thread die....Please let this thread die....Please let this thread die....Please let this thread die....Please let this thread die....Please let this thread die....Please let this thread die....Please let this thread die....Please let this thread die....Please let this thread die....Please let this thread die....Please let this thread die....Please let this thread die....Please let this thread die....Please let this thread die....Please let this thread die....Please let this thread die....Please let this thread die....Please let this thread die....Please let this thread die....Please let this thread die....Please let this thread die....Please let this thread die....Please let this thread die....Please let this thread die....Please let this thread die....Please let this thread die....Please let this thread die....Please let this thread die....Please let this thread die....Please let this thread die....Please let this thread die....Please let this thread die....Please let this thread die....Please let this thread die....Please let this thread die....Please let this thread die....Please let this thread die....Please let this thread die....Please let this thread die....Please let this thread die....Please let this thread die....Please let this thread die....Please let this thread die....Please let this thread die....Please let this thread die....Please let this thread die....Please let this thread die....Please let this thread die....Please let this thread die....Please let this thread die....Please let this thread die....Please let this thread die....Please let this thread die....Please let this thread die....Please let this thread die....Please let this thread die....Please let this thread die....Please let this thread die....Please let this thread die....Please let this thread die....Please let this thread die....Please let this thread die....Please let this thread die....Please let this thread die....Please let this thread die....Please let this thread die....Please let this thread die....Please let this thread die....Please let this thread die....Please let this thread die....Please let this thread die....Please let this thread die....Please let this thread die....Please let this thread die....Please let this thread die....Please let this thread die....Please let this thread die....Please let this thread die....Please let this thread die....Please let this thread die....Please let this thread die....Please let this thread die....Please let this thread die....Please let this thread die....Please let this thread die....
Old 04-20-2009, 08:38 PM
CPR
Race Director

Can't....not since you mentioned Vegas
Old 04-20-2009, 08:53 PM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by 95ONE

Maybe you can step up and race tony. Either way it sounds like you have a pretty level head about the entire thing and thats whats most important. Have fun and mod how you like.

I'd love to see you two go at it. You weigh next to nothing and make good power. It would be a good matchup.
Old 04-20-2009, 08:57 PM
Whisper
Burning Brakes

That would be great.

Personally, I don't care if Tone appears again. I was just hoping he, or somebody else, would take up the gauntlet so we have an excuse to make this happen... it seems like it would be a lot of fun, and the chance to compare how these two types of powerplants behave would be educational.
Old 04-20-2009, 09:38 PM
95ONE
Race Car

Originally Posted by Jeremy Himsel
Tone,

I say this with the utmost respect but you're not coming off very well here. In this thread alone you've insulted some pretty smart car guys. Me included..... Since I just happen to drive a Vette...I guess that means I have a mullet.....drive a welfare car.....blah...blah...blah... I can't really recall all the insults. Since we've never met.....thanks for passing judgment but is it really necessary to be so militant? Lighten up man.

If your stock head...stock cam..stock intercooler...stock header....stock intake....55lb injector...stage 3 turbo is capable of 500 RWHP on pump gas.....would you care to enlighten me on how much HP my 3.0L will make? Since I also have a much bigger turbo, lighter internal, 83lb injectors, aftermarket intercooler..intake...cam...header...valve train...fuel system, and the list goes on and on.....I'm guessing that compared to your I should be good for 650 on pump? Oh yeah, nobody built it for me and I even did some of the machine work myself so it may not be reliable.

You've done a lot of beating on the Vette owners and since I'm one of the few on this board I feel compelled to respond (and we happen to live in the same city). I have an 55K mile 02 with an ls6. Bone stock I put down 360 RWHP. I've since added a LG GX3 cam, LG pro headers & x-pipe, haltec CAI, did some mild port matching, and have a pretty aggressive tune (that I did myself). Let's guess and say that I make about 410 RWHP. I drive this car 110 miles each day any consider putting on hi-performance plug wires because summit racing says I'll get up to 15 RWHP.

I would like to get in this track event with you and Tony. Knowing what I do about Tony's driving as well as cars in general I have no interest in putting money up against his 951 in my Z but will run you. I will put $1000 into an escrow account to be distributed by Sid since he'll come out for it and participate. In fact we can do a few different events for $1,000 per event.......
In one day we can meet on an empty tank at any gas station and fill the cars up with pump gas and proceed to a track event at PIR, leave there and do some 0-60 runs timed by sid.....and then head out for some 1/4 runs at Firebird or PIR. Let's do this in June or July. 2 out of 3 winner takes the cash and buys the drinks afterwards. If you run street tires I will as well. I will run AC, have all of my traction controls off, and have no N20 in the car.

I don't want to hear about the 951 not being designed for drag racing because the Z is also a front engine/rear transmission/IRS/big brake/stiff suspension car and from a design perspective is no more of a drag car than a 951. The welfare car company did however design it for serious abuse. If this doesn't work for you we can delay until sept/oct an I can use my 951.

I always laugh at internet boards....especially Rennlist. There are actually less then 15 people I would actually pay attention to around here. Those are the guys that actually build cars, race them, and know more then one make. I am not a Porsche guy. I am also not a GM guy. I am a car guy and over the years have had several mustangs, RX-7's, Porsche's, and GM's. I can appreciate them all for what they are. I too have also seen how reliable the 951 motors are out of the box. I've PERSONALLY seen (not heard) enough oil leaks, rod bearing failures, hg failures, bent valves, scored and split cylinders to last me a lifetime but I will continue to build them because I love them for what they are.

So if this actually happens......anyone traveling to get here I offer trailer parking, a 4 car garage with every tool you could possibly need (Tony may need this for his POS welfare motor), a well stocked parts shelf for both 951 and LS parts, a place to crash, and a BBQ the following day. It's all in fun right? Do I have time to get my mullet permed?
I know I'm behind... This quote is from page 17.... pretty heated between pg 10 and there eh? Its like I'm watchin my DVR in slow mo. My palm takes forever!

Movin on.. You serious!?
I'm in. I might bring a different car that's already set-up, but what a freakin blast. - It was the BBQ that sold me.

EDIT: 10 more pages!? damn. OK. Guess I'd HAVE to bring my car. $4k left in mods by this July? Could be...... I will try my hardest...tick...tick...tick...

Jeremy, sorry man. More pages to read, and you offered! I laughed hard at your post.

Quick Reply: 951s LS1?