Weighed the car today

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2018, 01:35 AM
Weave Meister
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Cloud9...68
Max,

Were all your CF parts custom fabricated, or does Schiemann have molds for the parts he made for your car? I'm afraid a hood for a 968 would be very much a custom affair, since the car is so rare, and the hood is different from a 944's.

This is Kyle Schiemann, we did all of Max's body panels. Finally just set up an account here. We do have molds for and offer a 968 hood. The hood design we offer is vented, and can do outer skin style or inner/outer bolt on style. The outer/inner weigh's in at 9lbs, a skin style should not be more than 5-6lbs. Give me a shout I can send you some more info/pics.
Old 09-22-2018, 06:29 PM
951and944S
Race Car

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by Weave Meister
This is Kyle Schiemann, we did all of Max's body panels. Finally just set up an account here. We do have molds for and offer a 968 hood. The hood design we offer is vented, and can do outer skin style or inner/outer bolt on style. The outer/inner weigh's in at 9lbs, a skin style should not be more than 5-6lbs. Give me a shout I can send you some more info/pics.
Welcome Kyle, if 25% of the people always drooling over carbon actually follow through for some parts, you'd better order resin by the drum....

T
Old 09-22-2018, 08:42 PM
Weave Meister
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 951and944S
Welcome Kyle, if 25% of the people always drooling over carbon actually follow through for some parts, you'd better order resin by the drum....

T
Thanks T! I figured it was about time I got on here. Hopefully being able to answer questions and share some behind the scenes and details on this stuff may help with that!
Old 08-06-2020, 05:17 PM
H.F.B.
Pro

Received 99 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by Cloud9...68
Thanks - please keep us posted on what you come up with. It would probably be worth having its own thread, so it doesn't get buried in this one.
Yes, I keep you posted.
Last week I saved another 7lbs. I dumped the heavy stock double fan for a Spal VA08-AP71/LL-53A 12V fan. The Spal works as expected very well, even with my AC on in stop-and-go traffic at 86 °F. The Spal is much quieter than the noisy stock fan. So I think it was a worthwhile effort.
Here two pics. The three red arrows indicate the small needed modification on the crossmember above the cooler.

Quick Reply: Weighed the car today