Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Need a temporary seat solution,steering wheel,door panels

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2009, 10:30 AM
fbgh2o
Odd Posts
Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 27 Posts

Guys, I know those $260 for the seats look cool, but are you will to trust your life to them if you are in accident. The price seems too good to be true.
Old 03-07-2009, 10:58 AM
ritzblitz
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Someone here installed those ebay seats on his car. I forget who though. Maybe he can shed some light on this.
Old 03-07-2009, 11:03 AM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SamGrant951
What are turbo S seats? Are they just sport seats?
sport seats sorry. They are NOT 8 way adjustable.
Originally Posted by 333pg333
John, I have some race door cards for an LHD car, but these are for a manual window winder door. Not sure if they're what you're after but if they are let me know. We could work something out.
Nah thanks anyway though. I need to keep my power windows.
Originally Posted by fbgh2o
Guys, I know those $260 for the seats look cool, but are you will to trust your life to them if you are in accident. The price seems too good to be true.
I'd imagine it all comes down to the bracket. Thats actually what holds the seat structurely and would matter the most in a accident. However im sure as a temporary solution for me they would work fine. However they must fit and be able to be installed without a ton of modification. Thats my only concern at this point. Its also the only reason I have just gone ahead and ordered them right now.
Originally Posted by ritzblitz
Someone here installed those ebay seats on his car. I forget who though. Maybe he can shed some light on this.
Hopefully he will see this thread and chime in. I'd love to hear from him.
Old 03-07-2009, 11:47 AM
Luis de Prat
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

If the plan is to change the seats and wheel anyway, why don't you just reupholster with a vinyl kit from eBay to get by for now? You'd probably still come in under what you're going to spend on the cheapest replacement seats you can find.

Here's a set:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsc...31210007r30695

I'd do the same with the steering wheel, but then again I can sew pretty well.

Congrats btw on all the improvements you've made to this car. It's come a long way!
Old 03-07-2009, 11:57 AM
porshhhh951
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Luis de Prat
If the plan is to change the seats and wheel anyway, why don't you just reupholster with a vinyl kit from eBay to get by for now? You'd probably still come in under what you're going to spend on the cheapest replacement seats you can find.

Here's a set:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsc...31210007r32621

I'd do the same with the steering wheel, but then again I can sew pretty well.

Congrats btw on all the improvements you've made to this car. It's come a long way!
I don't know how to sew. Reupholster kit is just way too much effort. I'm just trying to find a easy replacement seat that we know will bolt right in with as little work as possible thats cheep. I just need something to tide me over and thanks btw. Yeah its coming along. I think another year and the car will be pretty close to perfect.
Old 03-07-2009, 01:25 PM
VOoDOoGTX
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ill take those seats when your thinking about getting rid of them..... as long as there black leather
Old 03-07-2009, 04:53 PM
porshhhh951
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by VOoDOoGTX
ill take those seats when your thinking about getting rid of them..... as long as there black leather
No they are burgendy. Gabe wants them first. He gets first crack.
Old 03-07-2009, 05:18 PM
VOoDOoGTX
Drifting

if there not black i dont want them haha
Old 03-07-2009, 07:03 PM
porshhhh951
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by VOoDOoGTX
if there not black i dont want them haha
Not that it matters. They are in such shape they will have to be fully recovered and the drivers side will need new foam worked in. So its not like you could buy them and just put them in your car. Hence why im going to sell them so cheep(I need my replacements first).

I think at $200.00 they'll have no trouble going. Thats cheep for sport seats. Even when you have to pay another few hundred in supplies to make them new.
Old 03-07-2009, 10:22 PM
FASTRNU
Pro

pm sent
Old 03-18-2009, 01:45 AM
porshhhh951
Lifetime Rennlist

Just a little update. I bought a complete carpet kit from 928leather. Does anyone know if it comes with the hatch carpet piece? I have also sourced a momo wheel. I have the pedal set. Since 928leather will be doing the entire interior next year, I just ordered the swede cover for the dash as a temp from 944online as well as their ash tray.

I STILL haven't found seats or door panels yet. Does anyone know if 968 door panels hookup easily to our cars? If anyone comes across seats or RS/968 style door panels please let me know thanks.
Old 03-18-2009, 03:30 AM
reno808
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by porshhhh951
Just a little update. I bought a complete carpet kit from 928leather. Does anyone know if it comes with the hatch carpet piece? I have also sourced a momo wheel. I have the pedal set. Since 928leather will be doing the entire interior next year, I just ordered the swede cover for the dash as a temp from 944online as well as their ash tray.

I STILL haven't found seats or door panels yet. Does anyone know if 968 door panels hookup easily to our cars? If anyone comes across seats or RS/968 style door panels please let me know thanks.
John I have 2 stock black seats have airbag steering wheel all black let me know
Old 03-18-2009, 10:29 AM
SamGrant951
Race Director

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

Does anyone know if 968 door panels hookup easily to our cars? If anyone comes across seats or RS/968 style door panels please let me know thanks.
Just requires one extra hole to be drilled, other than that they bolt right in.

Old 03-18-2009, 12:58 PM
porshhhh951
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by reno808
John I have 2 stock black seats have airbag steering wheel all black let me know
Are they sport seats? How much?
Originally Posted by SamGrant951
Just requires one extra hole to be drilled, other than that they bolt right in.

Sweet! I think im going to try and find 968 panels then.
Old 03-18-2009, 01:32 PM
azbanks
Freedom Enthusiast
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'd imagine it all comes down to the bracket. Thats actually what holds the seat structurely and would matter the most in a accident. However im sure as a temporary solution for me they would work fine. However they must fit and be able to be installed without a ton of modification. Thats my only concern at this point. Its also the only reason I have just gone ahead and ordered them right now.
There have been several posts that I have seen regarding factory BMW seats failing in rear end collisions. The side brackets do not hold the seat against the sudden forward movement. The bottom and the bracket move forward with the car but the stress breaks the brackets allowing the seat back to fold rearward. So your pelvis moves forward with the car but your spine stays where is was.
Personally, I like to keep my spine and pelvis attached.

If factory BMW seats can have these kinds of issues, how reliable do you think cheap ebay seats will be? They are cheap to buy but, one accident could make them the most expensive purchase of your life.

Quick Reply: Need a temporary seat solution,steering wheel,door panels