Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Camber plates info thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2015, 04:58 PM
chasep
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pre-assembled with camber plates and matching rear shocks. No spring compressor, cutting, welding or modification needed. Fabricated from 1026 DOM steel, the Ground Control 944 strut is much stronger than the stock strut. Skip welded 0.250 flanges reduce flex while adding strength. 1 inch shorter than stock, reduced droop and Koni strut inserts specially valved by Koni of Holland for Ground Control or Koni race strut inserts are provided, depending on suitability with your spring rate. POC, PCA and SCCA legal. This package price is significantly discounted, and is intended for club racing and track days.

Camber/Caster plates.
Two choices, bottom mount or top mount. Each is shown in the large picture. Bottom mount style does not have as much suspension travel, so the top mount plate with the integral stress bar mount is desired, especially for cars racing in a class where a very low car can be an advantage.

Rear Coil-over assemblies:
We start with a Ground Control designed rear lower shock mount. Machined from high carbon steel, and using a grade 8 bolt, this rear lower mount is designed to carry the weight of the car after springs are added to the shock. We utilize a Koni SINGLE ADJUSTABLE mono tube rear shock, adjustable for rebound damping. This shock is available in our standard default damping for standard width cars, or heavier damping for wider cars with higher spring rates. The Koni shock is mounted inverted for less unsprung weight, and features the exclusive GC coil-over hardware with single-locking sleeve and and your choice of Eibach race spring. The same kit is used to supplement rear torsion bars (PCA Stock Class) or by choosing a different spring rate, the rear torsion bars can be removed completely. If you are considering over 700 pound rear springs, we recommend fabricating a double shear rear lower mount to supplement our lower mount.

Rear double adjustable upon request, please call (530) 677-8600

This is a photo of Ground Control's coil-over kit. We offer a array of other suspension parts for the 944 as well. Our parts can be purchased individually as well.<br/><br/>Soon we will offer chrome moly control arms, adjustable front and rear sway bars.
Old 01-28-2015, 06:01 PM
jmj951
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Bought my GC setup exactly as pictured above back in 2008 (plus the eccentric adjustment bolts for the rear spring plates to lower the rear more than stock). I'm very happy with it.
Old 10-10-2018, 11:58 PM
Humboldtgrin
Drifting

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

A little resurrection. Has anyone looked at these 3D camber caster plates?
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F173528082143

Old 10-11-2018, 08:03 AM
MAGK944
Nordschleife Master

Received 295 Likes on 231 Posts

Originally Posted by Humboldtgrin
A little resurrection. Has anyone looked at these 3D camber caster plates?
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F173528082143
They look similar in style to the Racers Edge plates with likely an inferior bearing, poor quality hardware and no track record of reliability. Need someone to buy and track test them and tell us if they have any merit.
Old 10-11-2018, 11:11 AM
Voith
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 647 Likes on 409 Posts

These are from the same guy from Poland that made "dibed" plates. As far as I know the old ones are not available any more, he makes these instead.
Old 12-26-2019, 05:14 PM
floatingkiwi
Burning Brakes

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

resurrection, again....

Which of the commonly available camber plates would allow the top spring perch to sit as high as possible (i.e to get more stroke on the damper).

I have a race car with 2.5" springs and Leda coilovers still running the stock top hats. Because the upper spring perch is quite low I dont have much stroke on the damper and would like to get the top perch higher and follow it up with the lower perches to get more stroke.
Old 12-26-2019, 05:39 PM
Rich Sandor
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by floatingkiwi
resurrection, again....

Which of the commonly available camber plates would allow the top spring perch to sit as high as possible (i.e to get more stroke on the damper).

I have a race car with 2.5" springs and Leda coilovers still running the stock top hats. Because the upper spring perch is quite low I dont have much stroke on the damper and would like to get the top perch higher and follow it up with the lower perches to get more stroke.
I ran the dynatech raised camber plates with KWs.
Old 12-26-2019, 06:05 PM
floatingkiwi
Burning Brakes

Not available as far as I'm aware.
Old 12-26-2019, 07:03 PM
MAGK944
Nordschleife Master

Racers Edge are quality #1
Old 12-26-2019, 09:49 PM
Humboldtgrin
Drifting

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Yea I ended up getting racer’s edge myself. Very high quality!
Old 12-27-2019, 08:36 PM
floatingkiwi
Burning Brakes

I know they're good stuff - do they allow the top perch to go higher than stock?
Old 12-27-2019, 11:46 PM
mj951
Rennlist Member

Received 121 Likes on 98 Posts

I know they're good stuff - do they allow the top perch to go higher than stock?
Don't know the answer to your question or if this helps but here's a photo of RE plates with stock upper spring hat and spring on M030 struts.

Old 12-28-2019, 12:59 AM
MAGK944
Nordschleife Master

No they do not, they “keep the vehicle at the original ride height”, it’s says that right in the product description on their website.

May I ask why you want more suspension travel on a race car as it’s usual to desire less travel with higher rate springs and aggressively valved dampers?

If you really want an extra 1” or so travel then I’m pretty sure Ground Control has top mounted “domed” plates with their own top hats that will give you that. Give them a call.

Old 12-28-2019, 07:08 PM
floatingkiwi
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by MAGK944
No they do not, they “keep the vehicle at the original ride height”, it’s says that right in the product description on their website.

May I ask why you want more suspension travel on a race car as it’s usual to desire less travel with higher rate springs and aggressively valved dampers?

If you really want an extra 1” or so travel then I’m pretty sure Ground Control has top mounted “domed” plates with their own top hats that will give you that. Give them a call.
Our race tracks here are way different to yours. We need lighter springs and more compliant suspension here. A higher perch allows the damper to do its job without burying itself into the bump stop, which then alters the cars cornering dynamics for the worse half way round a bumpy corner as the front spring rate increases by an order of magnitude. My ledas seem to have a tall body for some reason so they are close to the upper perch for my ride height, which isn't all that low for a race car.

Quick Reply: Camber plates info thread