Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

ABS problems...sensors ok

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2009, 05:08 PM
badger15
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default ABS problems...sensors ok

Hey guys, I just purchased an 87 951 and on my ride home (3 hours) my ABS warning light came on. It has not gone off since. I checked the sensors last night and they were fine. How would I go about testing the relay or control unit? Thanks as always for your help!
Old 01-24-2009, 06:01 PM
Darwantae951

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

I had the same problem and it turned out that the relay wasn't making a good connection at the fuse panel. The relay socket was kinked downward. Repositioned everything and mine went off. (Thanks to Mike at Cignata in Baltimore!)

I did attempt to test the relay before hand by using two wires and the battery. I heard an audible click so I figured it was still good. (Not sure if that's the "correct" way to test a relay )
Old 01-25-2009, 11:31 PM
Musche
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

^+1 Check the grounds at all four sensors and the control box itself. Remove sensors and clean off all the metal shavings that may have accumulated. Check wheel bearings for no play or looseness that could cause the gap to change. Wiggle wires and connections at the cylindrical waterproof connections and check for oxidation. Good luck.

Quick Reply: ABS problems...sensors ok