Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

O2 sensor wiring

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2009, 11:58 PM
jacksonrw
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default O2 sensor wiring

after totally building this car I have no idea where to wire the O2 sensor to the fuse box
where is the pinout ?

does someone have an electrical chart I can use to guide me to wire this properly?
Old 01-16-2009, 12:17 AM
jacksonrw
Three Wheelin'

I found this on clark's garage but I cant decipher it
Attached Images  
Old 01-16-2009, 04:29 AM
theedge
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Youre looking for where the wires connect in the fusebox? Or to the DME?

http://thedge.info/index.php?d=rennlist%2Fmanuals

Right click save as to download. The top file is the wiring diagrams for the whole car. That diagram you posted is the schematic of the DME itself and wont help.

In the wiring diagrams, go to page 6 and look down the left side. Around the middle youll see a box marked as the O2 sensor. It has one wire going directly to the DME pin 24. Thats the signal wire itself. On the O2 sensor the signal wire is the black one (at least on my generic replacement O2 sensor, yours could differ but this is fairly standard I think). The other two wires are for the O2 sensor heater, these are white wires. One goes to ground, one goes to the fusebox where its connected to the DME relay. Which one goes to the fusebox doesnt matter, the O2 sensor heater has no polarity.

Is it the connection in the fusebox youre trying to redo?
Old 01-16-2009, 10:41 AM
jacksonrw
Three Wheelin'

yes into fuse box
Old 01-16-2009, 08:38 PM
jacksonrw
Three Wheelin'

thanks for the help
I dont believe it is page 6
is it on page 7?
I am looking..........
Old 01-16-2009, 08:44 PM
jacksonrw
Three Wheelin'

found it thank you
Old 01-16-2009, 09:03 PM
theedge
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes page 6. This is where things get tricky. In that link I posted theres another document called "IntroPagesWiringDiagrams" that sort of explains what im about to. When you look at the diagrams, anything referencing a wire connected to the fusebox will be named B23, F15, etc. Im going to explain how to figure out where that wire is.

If you lift the fusebox theres a handle to pull a slider out. Pull that, then dont tug up on the fusebox very hard. That handle unlocks the wiring connector blocks. Each block is named with a letter, A, B, C, etc. The example will be the wire for the heating element in the stock O2 sensor, which connects to E24 on the fusebox.

If you follow the wire in the diagram, it goes down to the bottom then passes through a vertical rectangular box. That box represents that block connector next to the brake booster. The heater wire goes through pin 4 on that, then inside to the fusebox. That could solve your problem right there.

Next, it goes to E24 on the fusebox. The plugs are in order. When you are sitting in the drivers seat facing forward, plug A is at the front right (passenger side) corner on of the fusebox. Its a thinner connector (only 2 rows). Plug B is still on the right side, but one more plug towards the drivers seat, C same thing and so on. Plug A is the front right corner, furthest away from driver, the last plug is front left corner (closer to the fender). E is then on the right side of the fusebox closer to the driver.

Now it gets a bit harder. Ill post the next part in the how to later, I have to pull my fusebox out and take some pictures to help explain.... But if youve got the fusebox out already, in plug E there will be TWO Green/Black wires coming out of one terminal, one of those will be the heater wire. Youll have to use a multimeter to test which one.

Quick Reply: O2 sensor wiring