Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

GT3 Brakes on 951S

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2008, 04:54 AM
Olli Snellman
Race Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Even 20K$ is ridiculous. What is the main difference compared the Nordic system to US one, is the fact that in some cases a young person with the brains cannot get the opportunity to study if he is not able to get the money. In our system, all who are willing to study are able to do it. That also means even if you come from a "poor" family you can with good education lift your social status. Just think how much you do waste brain power because of high education cost.
Old 12-19-2008, 05:58 AM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 93 Likes on 76 Posts

Our system used to be like that. Then a few years ago someone came up with the great idea of charging for an education. Now it's the wealthy, very gifted, or OS students who get the chance. So the underprivileged kids with brains have less of a chance to progress out of their class.

Funny how 6 pistons can lead to class struggles
Old 12-19-2008, 06:28 AM
Olli Snellman
Race Car

funny how 6 pistons can lead to class struggles
Yes through the flying education and the Finnish air force, not to mention my dad's hair style during the late '50's
Old 12-19-2008, 06:36 AM
gt37vgt
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeh I'm doing 2 months strait offshore to try and lift my social status but i can still only afford 4 pistons per caliper
Old 12-19-2008, 12:51 PM
95ONE
Race Car

University of Houston. Not a state college. Live at home. Parents pay for books. I pay for college. $15-20K 1990's.

It doesn't have to be extremely expensive.
Old 12-19-2008, 01:04 PM
Olli Snellman
Race Car

I pay for college. $15-20K 1990's.

It doesn't have to be extremely expensive.
Compared what we pay, that's extreamly expnesive Collage is totally free for us
Old 12-19-2008, 01:05 PM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Olli Snellman
Compared what we pay, that's extreamly expnesive Collage is totally free for us
damn the U.S.

Somethings we just miss healthcare and education are a couple.
Old 12-19-2008, 01:07 PM
Olli Snellman
Race Car

Not to mention also healthcare is free for us...Including dental care.
Old 12-19-2008, 02:39 PM
Lorax
The Impaler
Rennlist Member

Well.. it's not FREE....

There is no "Free lunch"
Old 12-19-2008, 03:26 PM
95ONE
Race Car

...Large tax rate.
Old 12-19-2008, 03:29 PM
TurboTommy
Rennlist Member

How much taxes you pay; income tax, for starters?
Old 12-19-2008, 03:39 PM
Olli Snellman
Race Car

Our tax rate might be higher, but i will gladly pay taxes, if we got something for ourselves, like health care & education.
Since we are a small nation and our country does not have much national resoursces, except our people, the only way we can compete is to have well educated nation. Since there are so few finns, there are also quite few finnish speaking people, around 6 million in the whole world. Our lanquage is not related to most of our neighbour countries languages, like swedish or russian, we must be able to communicate with foreign languages, like english. Many of us can also speak/write Swedish quiet fluently. Since we have studied quite many languages it also gives possibility to hang around for example on Rennlist For example i studied four languages during the high school and collage years.
System we have is quite common in the all Nordic countires, like Sweden,Norway & Denmark. I like it that way, i am ready to pay taxes, if it also ensure the fact the most of my countrymen are taken good care of by our goverment, so most of us get decent standard of living and if the need they also get good health care even tough they have not the money to pay for it.
It has not always been like that. For example my parents generation only the well to do people had opportunity to send their kids to schools. Hardly anyone was able to speak/write any other language except finnish. My generation (born in late '50's and during the '60's) is the first generation who has had the opportunity to study. Before the second WW Finland lived from it's forests, mainly pulp/paper and some other wood products. The lost war against Russia changed the situation. Russians wanted to have huge amount of ships, trains and other industrial products. That forced us to establish more industrial plants and change our production from paper/wood industry to metal industry. Somehow we managed to pay all to the russians what they wanted. We also managed to pay back our war debts to the USA. Btw we were the only nation in the world who did it... Our industry has developed hand by hand with our education. More educated people fabricate more advanced products.For example guess in what country is located the company which produce the most the cell phones in the whole world.No that company it's not Motorola, LG, or Sony-Ericsson. I suppose we have managed quite well after all, even when we pay lot of taxes. We do not have that much rich people, but in the otherhand there are not that much poor either. I like it that way.

How much taxes you pay; income tax, for starters?
it depends how much you earn. We have a progressive system, more you earn, more you pay. What do you consider as a starter?
Rough figures are about here:
2000€/month 15-20%
3000€/month 25-30%
4000€/month 30-35%
5000€/month 35-40%

We have discussed also about flying in this thread. Pilots earn (depending service years and planes they fly) around 10000-17000€/month. Their tax rate is around 50-65%

...Large tax rate
Yes, but this make it possible to every citizen to have equal possibility to study and have health care and also some other benefits your system does not offer.

Last edited by Olli Snellman; 12-19-2008 at 04:06 PM.
Old 12-19-2008, 03:58 PM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 93 Likes on 76 Posts

^^Good post Olli!
Old 12-19-2008, 04:08 PM
Lorax
The Impaler
Rennlist Member

Well... someone making 8k a month here can easily afford college and healthcare... haha.

idk. I still take freedom over that.... but to each his own. there is no "right" answer
Old 12-19-2008, 04:21 PM
Olli Snellman
Race Car

I still take freedom over that.... but to each his own. there is no "right" answer
Freedom over what, are you seriously claiming we are not free ? I am free to go or do what ever i want to do ! I do not even need a visa to enter the USA if i wish ! BTW i have lived almost a year in L.A when my father was located at McDonnell Douglas plants in Long Beach.I have travelled over 20 states in the USA (as a tourist). I bet i have visted more countries you have. What is "wrong" with the some americans is the fact that they think USA is the whole world and nothing happens outside of it. It would be good to such a people take a journey for example to Europe, where is still very old culture to be seen, or Japan, China, Australia, you name it.Closest totally different place to you is Canada, if not able to travel to Europe, take a trip to north. I felt like home when i was in Toronto several years ago (eldest son had a hockey tournament there).Canadian mentality is quite close to european one. What worries me most, is the fact that americans in some cases do not even know thier own country so well. In my opinion knowledge is true freedom what we all need.

Quick Reply: GT3 Brakes on 951S