Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

The fact is: The car is in "Excellent Condition" now.

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2008, 07:59 PM
Fast944T
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh i see Tone, that makes alot of sence
Old 09-20-2008, 08:01 PM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by shiners780
Got a link?
it has the same pictures. There's almost nothing different about the ad. You'd still be screwed if you buy it the way he has it advertised. Really no difference.
Old 09-20-2008, 08:01 PM
CPR
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

where is it? I could not find it....
Old 09-20-2008, 08:17 PM
VWaddict
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by ehall
BTW, he has shown ZERO actual evidence that he's not lieing his *** off about this "perfect paper work".
+1.

I'd have to say that I was a little weary of the guy from his early posts.

His VERY first thread was -and I'm paraphrasing here for brevity- how he received a car which "he'd been promised was perfect" and now "It's belching smoke". I had two immediate reactions; one was "If you bought a 951 -sight unseen, with no PPI- and no strong knowledge of how these things really WORK... you're pretty much prey to ANY douchebag seller out there"; and the other was one of a sense of exaggeration. -There was talk of suing the delivery company because the car sat for a week between transfers during the shipment, and there was an odometer discrepancy of 61 miles, during which hs was IMMEDIATELY convinced that the delivery company had been using it as personal pimp-mobile transportation, drag-racing it and who knows what else.

I kept out of the thread, but the MULTIPLE single-line, jump-to-ill-informed-conclusion posts, ONE AFTER ANOTHER, incessantly becoming more and more sure that this car was a gem which got buggered by the transport company -meant that I really thought it sounded bogus.

None the less, the Rennlist comunity was generally supportive to a man, and gave fantastic advice, support and suggested technical things to check and look for. -Most were supportive and FAR from judgmental, though even so, a few posters did mention that things sounded suspect, and from the descriptions, "MrDouchebag951" almost certainly was over-reaching, and it was very possible that the transport company HADN'T buggered the car for him. -I stayed out of that thread because I had nothing positive to contribute, but he WAS helped, and in the end he got a 50% reduction on the cost of shipping (to which he was very possibly NOT entitled... -I'm guessing that this car was a basket case that some OTHER unscrupulous douchebag was glad to offload BEFORE it was shoved onto a trailer!!!)

Over the next couple of months, he proceded to begin thread after thread, in ALL cases posting multiple successive single-line half-informed posts, and STILL continued to receive the generous assistance and contributions of the majority of the Rennlist community. -It DID however become VERY plain that his level of mechanical understanding was rather weak, -not that I consider that by itself to be a sign of stupidity mind you... NOBODY is born knowing this stuff, and I myself have COLOSSAL gaps in my knowledge, but I make an effore to have the good grace NOT to pass myself off as well-informed in these areas whenever I can. -This chap is now STILL representing the vehicle with NO reference to the fact that he's scarcely owned the vehicle... -He only GOT it a few months ago, bitched moaned and stamped his feet about how it was so f*!king unreliable, and then decided to dump it.

People still stuck by him when he said he was leaving the P-car community. -I consider that to be a VERY commendable reflection on the supportive nature of the Rennlist personality-type, by the way... -I myself read that thread and thought "Good riddance, you're one of the ONLY people on Rennlist who I actually took a slight dislike to." -I'm not proud to say that, because it speaks poorly of my tolerance, but it is indeed a definite weakness of my character that I do NOT suffer fools willingly.

...So... -Fast forward back to today.

Now "Walter Mitty" is once more selling the ride after having made up a tale about how he really pulled the wool over the eyes of some guy who emails him after the sale to tell him how he's DELIGHTED with the car. -Apparently this was a lie.

He told us -over and over again... -to the point of inducing nausea- that he OWNED a Z4, using terms like "So I'm doing pretty well for myself.. huh?". Well, this too was apparently not so. -He's leasing it.

He's also STILL representing the car as if he's owned it for some amount of time... which would also be blatantly untrue.

...which makes me wonder if he 'bent the truth' about a few other things.

All along.

To the shipping company, for example.

-I'm CERTAIN that they'd like to receive a copy of the text of these auction descriptions, as well as the text of these theads. -Such is the contradiction -IN THE OWNER'S OWN WORDS, no less- that they MIGHT even be inclined to bring a claim for the other 50% of the shipping cost... since it appears to be AWFULLY close to fraud.

Or maybe Walter Mitty is also lying about the two Porsche service managers. -I learned long ago that the value you can ascribe to an opinion is often what you paid for it, and -unless he paid the "service managers" (in which case he'd be entitled to it IN WRITING) then these alleged testimonials would be worthless.

Now don't take my word as law: I'm not a Barrister, attorney or professional legal counsel... -(sorry... "console"!). However, I do know a little bit about the definition of words; (somewhat more than "WalterMitty951" it appears) -and I say that if you sign any document purporting to represent a car to a shipping company as having been "destroyed" or otherwise significantly damaged in terms of engine etc... then you compose another document to a prospective seller (such as an eBay description for example) which represents the SAME vehicle to have been "trouble free" and imply that it has never had any significant problems that you've known of... -well that could be veiwed as 'extreme bad faith' if you were feeling charitable, or it could be viewed as simple fraud if you were feeling somewhat less charitable.

-But he's plainly got "good leagal console" who's willing to "litegate", though he perhaps (because a person's spelling, sentence sonstruction and general grammatical mastery often tells you much about their level of education) doesn't have the maturity to just move on and learn a lesson.

-So, with "Mr.lying-sack-of-crap951" having given a 'Bronx cheer' to the rennlist communty with his "so long... sukkaz!!!" thread where he gloated over how much money he made when he "offloaded that worthless piece of crap to some poor bastard for WAY too much money... oh, and thanks for all the free help and advice, but screw you all... I'm off to spend all this loot", he apparently now feels somehow slighted that we're not fully supporting him with he attempts to actually pull off the fraud which he lied about.

I honestly don't know how much of what he writes is true and how much is his dream world... but I do know that he's a douchebag. He MAY actually make us all feel sick and make a fortune in the financial markets, because many (though -I hasten to add- not all) of the people I've met who HAVE done that in the past have often seemed to me to be objectionable, offensive, lying sacks of crap.

My name is Keith, and I approve this message.
Old 09-20-2008, 08:39 PM
2bridges
Drifting

Add looks the same to me
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsc...mZ130256121612
Old 09-20-2008, 08:42 PM
2bridges
Drifting

WAIT - BIG REDS?????? uh yeah right, anybody ever seen big red brakes fit under 16" phone dials??

yeah me either. He has painted red calipers and is calling them "Big Red" brakes.

Intentional or ignorance????? With his "character" I dunno
Old 09-20-2008, 08:53 PM
Spidey944
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I think we all owe it to the bidders to contact them and warn them of the issues here....
Old 09-20-2008, 08:53 PM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

That's the old ad 2bridges. He has once again taken down his current ad. I called him out on bidding on his own car, OR ebay called him out on it. Either way, it's gone.
Old 09-20-2008, 09:11 PM
bigred1001
Pro

I only hope there is a guy on the Jaguar forums that had a post like this:

"Man, I just offloaded that POS XJ8L to some retard who probably has to pay someone to pop his f'n hood. Who da thought a car that got driven into Lake Erie could look so nice 5 weeks later. That and I think my wifes pube lice got infested in the seats."
Old 09-20-2008, 09:14 PM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by bigred1001
I only hope there is a guy on the Jaguar forums that had a post like this:

"Man, I just offloaded that POS XJ8L to some retard who probably has to pay someone to pop his f'n hood. Who da thought a car that got driven into Lake Erie could look so nice 5 weeks later. That and I think my wifes pube lice got infested in the seats."
SEE GUYS! I told you there were a few cool 928 guys!
Old 09-20-2008, 09:28 PM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Spidey944
I think we all owe it to the bidders to contact them and warn them of the issues here....
feel free, but you may be opening yourself up to actual liability.
Old 09-20-2008, 09:44 PM
Fast944T
Track Day

Originally Posted by ehall
feel free, but you may be opening yourself up to actual liability.
sounds like an actual law suit there.

I am just asking - can i sell my car now!? It s far from perfect, **** - Ehall is helping me with a 'normal' oil appearance in my I.C. Pipes - but i would say its in great shape and looks brand new - I would of coarse add "AS-IS! NO WARRANTIES!" to avoid any liabilities or confusion.
Old 09-20-2008, 10:33 PM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

You still don't get it. This is about telling the ****ing truth. Don't lie, and you wouldn't even have to ask.
Old 09-20-2008, 10:39 PM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Fast944T
sounds like an actual law suit there.

I am just asking - can i sell my car now!? It s far from perfect, **** - Ehall is helping me with a 'normal' oil appearance in my I.C. Pipes - but i would say its in great shape and looks brand new - I would of coarse add "AS-IS! NO WARRANTIES!" to avoid any liabilities or confusion.
You put it up...and MRdouschebag951, we will keep shooting it down. The last ad you put up was just as big a lie as the first one.
Just noticed that your first post was 9-11. How fitting.
You're a lieing piece of ****.
I thought you were "done here". Be done ****bird.
Old 09-20-2008, 11:16 PM
tone3721
Rennlist Member

Received 397 Likes on 285 Posts

Hahahaha good call ehall....i didnt see that til you pointed it out. Same IP too?