Notices

The fact is: The car is in "Excellent Condition" now.

 
Old 09-20-2008, 12:47 PM
  #61  
Spidey944
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Spidey944's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 3,481
Default

...
Attached Images  
Spidey944 is offline  
Old 09-20-2008, 04:31 PM
  #62  
PorscheDude1
On the Radar
Rennlist Member
 
PorscheDude1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Bel Air, Md.
Posts: 5,012
Default

...
Attached Images  
PorscheDude1 is offline  
Old 09-20-2008, 05:35 PM
  #63  
Fast944T
User
 
Fast944T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 23
Default

Wow it can get rough on here fast. if the car is good now whats the problem I ve sold lots of cars that had a bad past that were good when we got rid of them

did one of you guys buy this guys car and were mislead by his ad? My kids car aint close to perfect, he was told it was in great shape by the owners - engine is a mess, but i know with 20 year old cars nothings gonna be perfect
Fast944T is offline  
Old 09-20-2008, 05:44 PM
  #64  
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist
Member
 
ehall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: long gone.....
Posts: 17,413
Default

Originally Posted by Fast944T View Post
Wow it can get rough on here fast. if the car is good now whats the problem I ve sold lots of cars that had a bad past that were good when we got rid of them

did one of you guys buy this guys car and were mislead by his ad? My kids car aint close to perfect, he was told it was in great shape by the owners - engine is a mess, but i know with 20 year old cars nothings gonna be perfect
There is no possible way this car went from:

Originally Posted by MrPorsche951 at 09-09-2008, 06:16 PM
My z4 3.0si is paid in full for the next year and a half. I did a pre-paid lease. Depending on the condition of the car at the end of my term, I might buy it out over another 2 years. (24 payments)

The 951 sell, not bad figuring I bought the car for 6,000 and paid 700 to get it shipped. Put no cash what so ever in it, beat the living **** out of it and just sold it for almost double. I got shipping half price beacuse the mileage discreprency (60 miles were put on the car)

The car was flawed top to bottom, the only thing good was that the outside was Absolutley Perfect. New Paint and rims...

The P.O.S. wouldn't boost, I'd put my foot to the floor untill 5k RPM, I'd smell burning oil and then downshift for fun. I took it in to a friend who runs a 930-993 911 shop and he said "Oh man, this thing is a wreck."

So I drove it civilized... and sold the Leaky, Smoking, Non Boosting car for double what I paid for it. I remember pouring about an ounce of oil out of the intake when I removed it.


But! The current owner loves the car. he left me an email today saying how much he and his wife like the Porsche. I'm buying a 1998 XJ8L with the money.. 39,000 miles on it, in perfect condition, and a 12 month warrenty... just another winter beater with 300hp. Almost faster than the Z4.


to ABSOLUTE PERFECTION, in 11 days.
ehall is offline  
Old 09-20-2008, 06:57 PM
  #65  
Fast944T
User
 
Fast944T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 23
Default

No i hear ya man ABSOLUTE PERFECTION is a little much - **** i am not gonna take sides - im just sayin if theres proof a porsche shop says its good its good enough for me ya know. **** i wish my kids car was looked at before we bought it - damn kid cant just have a ford or chevys ya know stuff i can work on- from another generation i guess

i guess it all comes down to the two little words AS-IS and test driving the cars before buying them. I dont feel bad for anyone buyin a car online anyways, you gotta see the car ya know - test drive n kick tires. i dont know - i expect scams online
Fast944T is offline  
Old 09-20-2008, 07:10 PM
  #66  
fbgh2o
Odd Posts
Rennlist Member
 
fbgh2o's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Posts: 3,558
Default

I echo ehall on this one and many of the other skeptics who have posted on the many threads.

Among these threads was a statement by someone (CPR?) who indicated that such an approach to selling a vehicle showed a callow and wanton disregard to the individual who might have scrimped and saved to own such a car - and therfore attain a dream. For example, about 10 years ago I decided that I would one day like to own a Porsche 944 and started saving... I have wanted one since high school (mid-80s). Had I bought the car in question and later found out that it had been treated the way it was I would be disconsolate today and probably never be able to trust it as reliable vehicle (every day would be the Techno Duck questions magnified by 100X)

As an additional note, in the time that I have been a Rennlist Member, I have come to regard this as a community of like-minded enthusiasts who generously support each other with encouragement, advice and good deals on parts - mostly without ever meeting in person. Certainly many of us treated the person in question here like that with his initial posts. I suspect a significant amount of the backlash can be attributed to a betrayal of the trust that we, as Rennlisters, place in each other.
fbgh2o is offline  
Old 09-20-2008, 07:12 PM
  #67  
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist
Member
 
ehall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: long gone.....
Posts: 17,413
Default

Originally Posted by Fast944T View Post
No i hear ya man ABSOLUTE PERFECTION is a little much - **** i am not gonna take sides - im just sayin if theres proof a porsche shop says its good its good enough for me ya know. **** i wish my kids car was looked at before we bought it - damn kid cant just have a ford or chevys ya know stuff i can work on- from another generation i guess

i guess it all comes down to the two little words AS-IS and test driving the cars before buying them. I dont feel bad for anyone buyin a car online anyways, you gotta see the car ya know - test drive n kick tires. i dont know - i expect scams online
Well, the thing is, this car isn't even close! Note all of the threads that I bumped from this guy. This car is a mechanical wreck, which he admitted in the quote that I posted. He BRAGGED about screwing over a buyer of the car, who apperently never existed. Then he puts it on ebay and does it again.
This guy is a first class liar and thief.
We have a ZERO tolerance policy towards folks like that around this board.
That's just the way we are. We have these cars because they are a passion. Some young person will end up with this car and not be able to afford all of the crap that is wrong with this car. It will then further deteriorate. Eventually it will end up in a junk yard.
Around here, we'd like to do our best to keep them on the road, and help those with the same goal.

...not withstanding the fact that this punk is a flat out scoundrel. Any ******* in a garage will say the car is good for an extra hundred bucks. You just have to find one that is a scumbag.

BTW, he has shown ZERO actual evidence that he's not lieing his *** off about this "perfect paper work".
ehall is offline  
Old 09-20-2008, 07:14 PM
  #68  
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist
Member
 
ehall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: long gone.....
Posts: 17,413
Default

Originally Posted by fbgh2o View Post
I echo ehall on this one and many of the other skeptics who have posted on the many threads.

Among these threads was a statement by someone (CPR?) who indicated that such an approach to selling a vehicle showed a callow and wanton disregard to the individual who might have scrimped and saved to own such a car - and therfore attain a dream. For example, about 10 years ago I decided that I would one day like to own a Porsche 944 and started saving... I have wanted one since high school (mid-80s). Had I bought the car in question and later found out that it had been treated the way it was I would be disconsolate today and probably never be able to trust it as reliable vehicle (every day would be the Techno Duck questions magnified by 100X)

As an additional note, in the time that I have been a Rennlist Member, I have come to regard this as a community of like-minded enthusiasts who generously support each other with encouragement, advice and good deals on parts - mostly without ever meeting in person. Certainly many of us treated the person in question here like that with his initial posts. I suspect a significant amount of the backlash can be attributed to a betrayal of the trust that we as Rennlisters place in each other.
+951
ehall is offline  
Old 09-20-2008, 07:19 PM
  #69  
Fast944T
User
 
Fast944T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 23
Default

i hear ya man - good group of guys on here just looking after each other - i just found the new listing on ebay but the ad is different - maybe someone will get a better idea now. good work guys
Fast944T is offline  
Old 09-20-2008, 07:22 PM
  #70  
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist
Member
 
ehall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: long gone.....
Posts: 17,413
Default

Originally Posted by Fast944T View Post
i hear ya man - good group of guys on here just looking after each other - i just found the new listing on ebay but the ad is different - maybe someone will get a better idea now. good work guys
cool. I'll check that out. Thanks for the heads up.
ehall is offline  
Old 09-20-2008, 07:25 PM
  #71  
spoolin51
User
 
spoolin51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Dallas / Chicago
Posts: 1,532
Default

I want to see this new AD....
spoolin51 is offline  
Old 09-20-2008, 07:29 PM
  #72  
Fast944T
User
 
Fast944T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 23
Default

it dont seem to be so promising now does it. nice work guys, i see he added the AS-IS and stuff now. Im not buying anything off the internet from now on ha
Fast944T is offline  
Old 09-20-2008, 07:36 PM
  #73  
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist
Member
 
ehall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: long gone.....
Posts: 17,413
Default

Note how he has once again bid on his own car. The last ad could not come down unless he cancelled the bid that it had, and it would have shown the cancelled bid. It did not.
Once a scumbag, always a scumbag.
ehall is offline  
Old 09-20-2008, 07:52 PM
  #74  
shiners780
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 5,008
Default

Got a link?
shiners780 is offline  
Old 09-20-2008, 07:57 PM
  #75  
tone3721
User
 
tone3721's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: AZ/CA
Posts: 1,790
Default

i guess it all comes down to the two little words AS-IS and test driving the cars before buying them. I dont feel bad for anyone buyin a car online anyways, you gotta see the car ya know - test drive n kick tires. i dont know - i expect scams online[/QUOTE]

The thing with these cars many times is theyre becoming more and more rare. It gets hard to find a properly sorted one locally. I live in one of the biggest towns in the nation, and youd be hard pressed to find a really nice 951 listed locally right now. You could wait months until one pops up in town. If not years(depending on what your looking for). Sometimes you have to travel to get a car like this. In order to find those cars throughout the country.....well youll need the internet. Finding a reputable car for sale out there.......well thats what rennlist, and PCA are for. Thats why Im a member.
tone3721 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The fact is: The car is in "Excellent Condition" now.


Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: