Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/944-turbo-and-turbo-s-forum-72/)
-   -   The fact is: The car is in "Excellent Condition" now. (https://rennlist.com/forums/944-turbo-and-turbo-s-forum/455506-the-fact-is-the-car-is-in-excellent-condition-now.html)

BlueRiver86 09-23-2008 12:34 PM

Haha, nice work.

Papamurphdog 09-23-2008 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by alordofchaos (Post 5835105)
Hey, it looks like he can be prosecuted for attempted fraud... the sale doesn't actually have to take place! stored and cached web pages are a b*tch :)

My thinking exactly; the "bye" email would seem to make a strong statement in regard to "intent" and frame the attempted fraud argument, while the allegedly false and misleading statements in the various sale ad's would serve to underpin "intent" provide the basis of the broader fraud claims.

PorscheDude1 09-23-2008 12:48 PM

I see private investigator in your future.....

ryanm6100 09-23-2008 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by Rickamurphy (Post 5834922)
This is the link to the internet fraud complaint center:
http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx

This is the link to auto trader fraud center:
fraudwatch@autotrader.com

This is the email address of the Office of the Inspector General of the SEC:
www.reportlineweb.com/sec_oig/

This is the NY license plate # of the alleged attempted fraudsters car: EFG-4591 as published on Autotrader and in other public places by the alleged attempted fraudster himself...

Linking the license photo from the Autotrader ad to the license photo from eBay and others would tie them together as being from the same person. The "white inserts" lettering is evident in the photos as further linkage, etc., etc. Gather all of these links...

The "MrAllegedAttemptedFraudster951" avitar photo includes a photo of the car and himself. Can't remember if the plate was visible, but it sure looks like the car in the ads and his registration was from Youngstown NY. We'd need copies of that...

In the YouTube video, the guy looks the same, the car looks the same. Not sure about identification, but I'd bet we could pull some from the video posting IP address, etc. We need the video as an offline link so he can't block it...

The guy's phone number is 716-550-0421 as published in AutoTrader by Mr.Tool himself...

I do not have all the info or the time, but if someone gathered the material from the list above and used the original "bye" posting as a basis for "alleging" fraud, we could then submit that to all the appropriate agencies with no ramifications.

IMO he is an "alleged" "attempted fraudster" until proven guilty. There is strong evidence, written in his own hand and posted by himself to a public forum, of his own volition, which would lead any reasonable person to question the contents of his simultanious and subsequent "for sale" advertisements in other public forums, all of which are contradictory to his boasting in the "bye" postings. Furthermore, some of the material information in the sale ads contain misleading and or outright false information.

So, IMO this would be attempted fraud as he has not actually sold the car, to the best of our knowledge. Since fraud prevention is the point, I think we are well within our rights to gahter information and let authorities decide, as long as we do not actually slander or lible MrTool. (That means we can't make up stuff about the guy and publish or procalim it as a fact. Calling him names is not nice, but it is neither slanderious or libleious. I would urge all to be careful in making claims as fact that might not be true. Calling him a "douchebag" is not a statement of fact, simply a personal opinion based on the information at hand. :-)

Would someone please gather the various postings concerning points, like 1) "Big Red" brakes not fitting under the Phone Dials -- "so therefore they could not be Big Reds your honor" -- etc. (which is correct BTW, I have them on my '86 and sold the spare 'cause it wouldn't fit over the calipers anymore) and the other items that seem to be outright lies; put that on one sheet. Then 2) gather the various postings relating to the "bye" email. This would help show intent to defraud. Then 3) as much info from i) the eBay ad with photos ii) the Autotrader ad with photos; and, iii) the various responses to questions etc. And, any other info that the members think would be helpful.

For now, just gather it and PM me that you have a stack of it in one place. DO NOT POST IT HERE.

Once gathered we can quickly write a cover letter and then submit our allegations either as a group or under pettition, or individually en masse. All submitting the same material. I'll follow up on this later...

Or, with the information at hand everyone can simply go to town at will!

I'm doing some research on the SEC link to be sure that it is within our rights to alert the SEC that a suspected fraudster was trying to get his Series 7 and work on Wall Street. Some brokerage houses might just see that as a badge of honor...

Just my two cents while waiting for a conference call to begin this morning...

Quoted in case of deletion.

PorscheDude1 09-23-2008 03:28 PM

Wow, only 4000+ hits in 4 days.

BlueRiver86 09-23-2008 03:29 PM

This is shaping up to be one of those huge ones..

spoolin51 09-23-2008 04:45 PM

So has anyone warned pelican?

porshhhh951 09-23-2008 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by R4][N_M4l{3R (Post 5835830)
This is shaping up to be one of those huge ones..

I say its on its way out.

Unless someone actually tries to buy the car OR the guy actually comes back and trys to make a mess of things.

Then it could go 20+ pages. Lord knows some of em' have in the past.

ryanm6100 09-23-2008 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by spoolin51 (Post 5836074)
So has anyone warned pelican?

I just did.

:thumbup:

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/showthread.php?t=431942

A.Wayne 09-23-2008 06:42 PM

C'mon guys, page 13 is hanging too long :jumper:

Darwantae951 09-23-2008 07:09 PM

Oh oh Oh, I'll help boost it along...

porshhhh951 09-23-2008 07:28 PM

If you post whore the thread out it might get closed. My advice would be to not do that since this thread is important and might be able to be updated with any new info on the car or its owner.

DrZ1 09-24-2008 09:02 PM

Good point we will not thread whore this, BUT we dont want to knock it off the 1st page. :)