Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

The fact is: The car is in "Excellent Condition" now.

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2008, 09:56 AM
PorscheDude1
On the Radar
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

How could he state it's never been chipped, yet it has a MAF set up?
Old 09-23-2008, 09:59 AM
Kwenak
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good God, I'm bored at work and this is definatly more entertaining than anything I "could" be working on.

About him, hes definatly a tool, and not even a useful one. He's like a hammer, without the hammery part.... He's a stick.

Last edited by Kwenak; 09-23-2008 at 10:26 AM.
Old 09-23-2008, 10:05 AM
tone3721
Rennlist Member

Received 397 Likes on 285 Posts

Originally Posted by Kwenak
Good God, I'm bored at work and this is definatly more entertaining than anything I "could" be working on.

About him, hes definatly a tool, and now even a useful one. He's like a hammer, without the hammery part.... He's a stick.
LOL
Old 09-23-2008, 10:17 AM
Papamurphdog
Rennlist Member

Received 110 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by Smokiemon944
First bragging about being a swindler, and now that?
Yikes!
Smokiemon, can I borrow your avitar for a while??
Old 09-23-2008, 10:34 AM
PorscheDude1
On the Radar
Rennlist Member

Sure, she is a hoe....
Old 09-23-2008, 10:37 AM
Josh B
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by tone3721
I feel bad for Rennlist, everyone is over 30 years old and only have 8k 22 year old "sports cars"

I bought my first SL500 at 16."
This is an interesting comment. Apparently this fellow feels that the measure of how successful you are is by how much money you have and how young you are when you have that money.

Factors such as a good reputation, earning trust, making and keeping friends, showing respect for your neighbor, intelligent decision making and basic writing skills have nothing to do with success I guess. Huh....

May the Force be with this one R2D2 for I predict a lonely unhappy empty life.
Old 09-23-2008, 10:46 AM
PorscheDude1
On the Radar
Rennlist Member

I wander if he "earned" the money for his first SL600 or if daddy bought it for him.

Maybe it was his mothers and she got drunk and wrecked it, then daddy pawned the salvage off to the spoiled brat.
Old 09-23-2008, 10:47 AM
Josh B
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ya know MrPorsche951 - if you are reading this thread here is some advice. Even a good con man knows when to throw in the towel.

1. Come back on Rennlist and pay the membership fee
2. Create a single post and apologize for your actions - blame it on being beat up on the playground when you were younger and that creepy uncle you were left alone with as a kid one too many times
3. Create a single post about how you need to sell your car
4. Admit you don't really know a lot about it
5. Allow some of the more knowlegeable folks to chime in and give you material to write an ad with
6. Find a good home with an informed buyer for your car and go on your way to NYC to work as an investment banker
7. Oh yeah - forgot - GS, Morgan, Merrill, Bear, Lehman don't exist anymore - whoops
8. Go back to Youngstown and earn a nice squarepants living flipping burgers
Old 09-23-2008, 11:15 AM
VWaddict
Burning Brakes

Heck... anyone with access to the NY license database can find out his full details: We have the VIN number and the license plate is EFG 4591. -Should be no problem to see how few other vehicles he's owned.

Owned his first SL500 at 16? -Bull****. -I'm certain that you'll also find that he doesn't own title to any other vehicles, SPECIALLY not a Z4. He also isn't "helping a friend with his 951", nor has he "imported dozens of these thigns before" He has set up the eBay user ID "NYSTOCKBROKER", but he doesn't know how to tie his own shoeslaces, and even HE says he's not there yet. He's lied about selling the car before, he's lied about almost every aspect of the car, so what's to say that he's not lying about WHY he's selling the car.

The guy lies compulsively and pathologically. He seems to do it so readily that he 'can't live in the real world'.

It's sad.

Round here earlier in the year there was a student at UCF who went on the BMW forums (bimmerworld?) asking douch-ey questions about why he was getting rough shifts in his brand new M5. When people pointed out that he didn't seem to know jack squat about driving cars OR anything mechanical, so how was an 18-year old buying an M5, he got very defensive and SWORE AN OATH that he owned the car and had bought it outright, -in cash.

Now when he crashed the M5 a few nights later at something like three in the morning, having broken into the private runway at a place called "Jumbolair" (where a friend of mine has a few aircraft, also home to John Travolta etc. because of the inbuilt runway) he also managed to kill three or four passengers. He was doing something like 140MPH when he failed to notice that the runway ended in a sudden drop..

Anyhow, the newspapers got hold of his posts and -out of curiosity- they looked into the ownership. -In fact his FATHER had taken out the LOAN to buy the vehicle as a gift to his son.

-So I don't know WHY people feel the need to LIE about ownership: This is a credit society, so there shouldn't be any REAL stigma... people just need to be reasonable about using credit, just like using alcohol or gambling.

This guy is so full of crap he reminds me SO MUCH of that idiot at UCF. He actually scares me with his little imaginary "Walter Mitty" life... I only hope and pray that he DOESN'T kill any others when his lies are found out, like the M5-owning douchebag did.

Keith
Old 09-23-2008, 11:17 AM
VWaddict
Burning Brakes

Link for additional info:

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...ticleId=124526

Keith
Old 09-23-2008, 11:19 AM
bigdeano
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by tone3721
I feel bad for Rennlist, everyone is over 30 years old and only have 8k 22 year old "sports cars"
Funny... trying to talk **** about how we all own 8k$ 22 year old sports cars... when he owns an 8k$ 22 year old sports car as well (And that's being very VERY generous considering the condition of his car compared to ours). Maybe someone needs to spend all of that "big" money he's gonna make in "NY" on a class or two on how to debate or make valid arguments instead of always making himself look like a hypocritical dumbass.
Old 09-23-2008, 11:39 AM
Papamurphdog
Rennlist Member

This is the link to the internet fraud complaint center:
http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx

This is the link to auto trader fraud center:
fraudwatch@autotrader.com

This is the email address of the Office of the Inspector General of the SEC:
www.reportlineweb.com/sec_oig/

This is the NY license plate # of the alleged attempted fraudsters car: EFG-4591 as published on Autotrader and in other public places by the alleged attempted fraudster himself...

Linking the license photo from the Autotrader ad to the license photo from eBay and others would tie them together as being from the same person. The "white inserts" lettering is evident in the photos as further linkage, etc., etc. Gather all of these links...

The "MrAllegedAttemptedFraudster951" avitar photo includes a photo of the car and himself. Can't remember if the plate was visible, but it sure looks like the car in the ads and his registration was from Youngstown NY. We'd need copies of that...

In the YouTube video, the guy looks the same, the car looks the same. Not sure about identification, but I'd bet we could pull some from the video posting IP address, etc. We need the video as an offline link so he can't block it...

The guy's phone number is 716-550-0421 as published in AutoTrader by Mr.Tool himself...

I do not have all the info or the time, but if someone gathered the material from the list above and used the original "bye" posting as a basis for "alleging" fraud, we could then submit that to all the appropriate agencies with no ramifications.

IMO he is an "alleged" "attempted fraudster" until proven guilty. There is strong evidence, written in his own hand and posted by himself to a public forum, of his own volition, which would lead any reasonable person to question the contents of his simultanious and subsequent "for sale" advertisements in other public forums, all of which are contradictory to his boasting in the "bye" postings. Furthermore, some of the material information in the sale ads contain misleading and or outright false information.

So, IMO this would be attempted fraud as he has not actually sold the car, to the best of our knowledge. Since fraud prevention is the point, I think we are well within our rights to gahter information and let authorities decide, as long as we do not actually slander or lible MrTool. (That means we can't make up stuff about the guy and publish or procalim it as a fact. Calling him names is not nice, but it is neither slanderious or libleious. I would urge all to be careful in making claims as fact that might not be true. Calling him a "douchebag" is not a statement of fact, simply a personal opinion based on the information at hand. :-)

Would someone please gather the various postings concerning points, like 1) "Big Red" brakes not fitting under the Phone Dials -- "so therefore they could not be Big Reds your honor" -- etc. (which is correct BTW, I have them on my '86 and sold the spare 'cause it wouldn't fit over the calipers anymore) and the other items that seem to be outright lies; put that on one sheet. Then 2) gather the various postings relating to the "bye" email. This would help show intent to defraud. Then 3) as much info from i) the eBay ad with photos ii) the Autotrader ad with photos; and, iii) the various responses to questions etc. And, any other info that the members think would be helpful.

For now, just gather it and PM me that you have a stack of it in one place. DO NOT POST IT HERE.

Once gathered we can quickly write a cover letter and then submit our allegations either as a group or under pettition, or individually en masse. All submitting the same material. I'll follow up on this later...

Or, with the information at hand everyone can simply go to town at will!

I'm doing some research on the SEC link to be sure that it is within our rights to alert the SEC that a suspected fraudster was trying to get his Series 7 and work on Wall Street. Some brokerage houses might just see that as a badge of honor...

Just my two cents while waiting for a conference call to begin this morning...
Old 09-23-2008, 11:49 AM
Papamurphdog
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Smokiemon944
Sure, she is a hoe....
Awwwwssssoooommmmmeeeee!!!!
Old 09-23-2008, 11:50 AM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

13 pages and counting
Old 09-23-2008, 12:24 PM
alordofchaos
Rennlist Member

Received 165 Likes on 135 Posts

Originally Posted by Rickamurphy
So, IMO this would be attempted fraud as he has not actually sold the car, to the best of our knowledge.
Hey, it looks like he can be prosecuted for attempted fraud... the sale doesn't actually have to take place!
15 U.S.C. §§ 45, 52 (unfair or deceptive acts or practices; false advertisements)

On its face, [section] 1341 applies in any instance where the mails are used in furtherance of a scheme to defraud. (23) However, because of the common law definition of fraud, courts have traditionally read the additional element of intent to defraud into the statute. (24) Therefore, to convict a defendant for violating [section] 1341, the government must prove beyond a reasonable doubt that the defendant perpetrated: (i) a scheme to defraud; (ii) with the intent to defraud; (iii) while using the USPS or a private interstate commercial carrier in furtherance of that scheme. (25) Parts A through C of this Section review each of these elements in order.

The wire fraud statute, 18 U.S.C [section] 1343, further requires that the communication at issue cross state lines. (26) This interstate requirement arises only in the wire fraud statute because of Congress' reliance on its Commerce Clause (27) power to assert jurisdiction. (28) In contrast, exclusive congressional jurisdiction over the USPS (29) provides the necessary constitutional foundation for federal prosecution under the mail fraud statute. (30) Courts have also determined that a mailing sent through a private commercial carrier that deals in interstate business gives rise to congressional jurisdiction, even when the particular mailing does not actually travel interstate. (31)
... Proof of a "scheme to defraud" is common to both the mail and wire fraud statutes. (35) However, proof that the scheme to defraud was successful is not required.
stored and cached web pages are a b*tch